Recalled/Assigned: 2016-17 Recalls

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I'd say less about injuries, more about peddling your wares.

I hadn't considered that.

Lebrun mentioned on Montreal radio that we're looking to add a top-4 D. Not news or anything, but Lebrun seems to call Yzerman's moves (or lack-there-of) better than most.

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
Pierre has a few contacts and is pretty up on this stuff.

A bit of this is really measuring progress and finding out how expendable some guys can be at the deadline. I wouldn't look into it too much, but it is what it is.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Just call up Wilcox for Gudlevskis and give him a start, every 2011 draft pick would have played in the NHL that way.

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
Good for Gourde, but someone please explain Condra. He has already played 7 ineffective games in Tampa does it ever end ?

VasilyKucherov

Jun 18, 2016
I would wager it's a combination of him being Cooper's boy, and management hoping another team with injuries might be intrigued to take him for a conditional pick or something.

PhysicalGraffiti

Bolts STM
Jul 26, 2007
NY to TB
I was talking about this with my dad last night and maybe someone can shed some light. Is there a certain rhyme or reason for how/why/who goes up and down? I've noticed over the past 2-3 seasons it doesn't seem to have any pattern. Certain guys would get called up, then go back down, then come back. Others would come up, then next go around wouldn't and someone else would. I remember Angelidis being one that stuck out.

This year for example they keep changing it. Sending Conacher and Condra down, bringing in Peca, Gourde, Erne, etc. Is it just who is playing well and who they think fits with the team? Or is there something about the time the player spends in AHL/NHL that dictates it? Is it Cooper or SY just changing things up?

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
I was talking about this with my dad last night and maybe someone can shed some light. Is there a certain rhyme or reason for how/why/who goes up and down? I've noticed over the past 2-3 seasons it doesn't seem to have any pattern. Certain guys would get called up, then go back down, then come back. Others would come up, then next go around wouldn't and someone else would. I remember Angelidis being one that stuck out.

This year for example they keep changing it. Sending Conacher and Condra down, bringing in Peca, Gourde, Erne, etc. Is it just who is playing well and who they think fits with the team? Or is there something about the time the player spends in AHL/NHL that dictates it? Is it Cooper or SY just changing things up?

I guess it depends both on how they are playing, and what player type we are trying to replace.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
I guess it depends both on how they are playing, and what player type we are trying to replace.

Probably also trying to see if someone shows promise/gives a spark/steals a roster spot. Some guys you know what they're going to bring so you call them up to plug a hole for a few games. Some guys you think could be long-term members of the roster, so you might call them up to give them a taste of the show/see how they handle the speed and intensity. So I think we'll call up a couple of long-term, career AHL/tweener guys most of the time, but sometimes you want to see if someone can take a spot.

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012

Unfortunately it should be who is playing well but that is not the case. It has to do with seeing what they have in the system when it comes to making trades for the defence men that is needed in order to make any sort of impact in the playoffs. They also being careful about any player hitting the 10 game mark and not clearing waivers. There is a reason for all this random up and down and hopefully we will see a move made that will help this team. IMHO Conacher Peca Erne are all better than Brown Paquette and maybe even Namestnikov.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Erne is huge, kids guna make the roster full time next year, I'd actually suggest leaving him down in the AHL until we get into the playoffs. Don't want him to wear down before then, he could really be an x-factor (you know like what some suggested we do with Point).

Peca's got offensive creativity and the guy backchecks like no tomorrow. 2 easy replacements for Namestnikov/Callahan next year Imo. Too bad it's impossible to move Callahan.

You could replace Brown with any of the other AHLers and save about 300-400k in cap.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Unfortunately it should be who is playing well but that is not the case. It has to do with seeing what they have in the system when it comes to making trades for the defence men that is needed in order to make any sort of impact in the playoffs. They also being careful about any player hitting the 10 game mark and not clearing waivers. There is a reason for all this random up and down and hopefully we will see a move made that will help this team. IMHO Conacher Peca Erne are all better than Brown Paquette and maybe even Namestnikov.

The ten game mark is irrelevant. They're not going back to juniors.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
I'm not sure how many forwards we have no because this is making my head spin but maybe this means that Paquette is back full time?

PhysicalGraffiti

Bolts STM
Jul 26, 2007
NY to TB

Crap didn't see this. Makes total sense now, thanks! I figured there was something else.

TampaJay

Jan 16, 2016
Follow
Syracuse Hockey‏@syrhockey
BriseBois, who is at Crunch game, confirmed that both Bournival and Condra will/have been recalled. Said 2 TB forwards hurt today

Saw Brown get hurt but who else?

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Follow
Syracuse Hockey‏@syrhockey
BriseBois, who is at Crunch game, confirmed that both Bournival and Condra will/have been recalled. Said 2 TB forwards hurt today

Saw Brown get hurt but who else?

Head says Callahan, heart says Kucherov or Drouin.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad