Prospect Info: 2016-17 Prospects Thread (CHL, NCAA, Europe)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
That'd be nice. Who knows if Butcher and Mironov will be any good but it'd be nice to add some new blood that could potentially become good depth.

I think it's too late for Siemens either way but for his sake I hope he gets to move on from the Avs.

At least they'll play hard, both are hard workers.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Jost has said in interviews that he wants to make it to the NHL as quickly as possible. The only barrier to him signing a contract is on the Avs end if they want him there another year. However with UND bleeding talent and the Avs in desperate need of some, I think he turns pro for next season.

However, my fourth edition Bird of Paradise still says that the Avs won't rush him in this year. Not only do they have no track record of doing so with NCAA players, but I think they really are just looking to limp down the stretch with their tails between their legs and get the season over with. Neither party would benefit from injecting a guy like Jost into this lineup.

They don't have much of a track record with NCAA players period. Whose the last one they drafted in the 1st round? Shattenkirk 10 years ago?

I agree about them just wanting to get this season over with but signing him now doesn't necessarily mean putting him in the lineup. They could let him get some games in at the AHL level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad