TSN: 2016/17 Projected lineup

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Except it isn't. Matthews CANNOT play in the AHL, unless it is on a conditioning stint.

He will DEFINITELY be AHL eligible. He will be drafted out of Europe. Even if he didn't go to Europe, he would have gone to the NCAA, and thus making him AHL eligible as an 18 year old regardless.

I believe you're mixing up some rumours that Matthews could perhaps sign an AHL contract right now since his season is done in Switzerland. He's not AHL eligible because he hasn't been drafted yet.

seanlinden

Apr 28, 2009
Except it isn't. Matthews CANNOT play in the AHL, unless it is on a conditioning stint.

Why not?

He's being drafted out of europe, where he presumably only has a 1 year contract. There shouldn't be any rules governing his transfer. Let's not forget, Nylander played 37 games with the marlies in his post-draft year.

It's Marner who cannot play in the AHL, due to the agreement that the NHL has made with the CHL leagues.

He will DEFINITELY be AHL eligible. He will be drafted out of Europe. Even if he didn't go to Europe, he would have gone to the NCAA, and thus making him AHL eligible as an 18 year old regardless.

I believe you're mixing up some rumours that Matthews could perhaps sign an AHL contract right now since his season is done in Switzerland. He's not AHL eligible because he hasn't been drafted yet.

Sometimes going to the next page before replying helps... thanks for confirming.

Leafling

Oct 24, 2015
I see a lot of people rating shosh and Hyman pretty high, which is absolutely deserved but I really want to see what Connor brown does next year, think he is really gonna push hard for a top six spot. Nice problem to have for the leafs.

However If we keep bozak then we only have two spots available for the youngsters to occupy on the top six next season, Nylander and kapanen will probably be taking those

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
There will be a few very good young players that won't make the team next year. Looks to be pretty competitive for spots.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad