I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
Honestly, I wouldn't be upset with that for the 2nd year of Shanny's rebuild

Thoughts?

leafs.jpg

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
The defense needs a ton of work. Dont want Reilly developing Oilers syndrome.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Needs more Stamkos :sarcasm:

But seriously, that's not too bad and somewhat realistic.. Although I can see the Leafs dealing Bernier and signing a UFA to tandem with Sparks.

I could also see them trying to move Marincin and having one of Loov or Percy up there for a vet RHD.

Probably going to see a lot of line up shuffling though throughout the year like we've seen in the last month or so.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Carrick should be in the mix to make the team. He's played well so far. Corrado should be just fine as the bottom pairing guy... not sure why there's a need for a UFA at all. Harrington, Percy and Loov will be in the mix but obviously not all can make it.

I don't think Nylander will be on the wing at all but in that scenario, I could see it happening for a part of the year.

I don't see how Holland is kept if he's pushed that far down the lineup. He's done in my opinion. I'd rather re-sign UFA Ben Smith then to keep RFA Holland.

BayStreetBully

Oct 25, 2007
Toronto
LOL Matthews. I'd love that, but really, TSN? Ok we all know about lottery odds blah blah blah... but if we're going based on probability, and you HAVE to insert a name because it's a projected roster, doesn't Chychrun literally have better odds to make this team than Matthews?

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
It is a conservative lineup, and I would expect a few more changes than that, but it is incredibly hard to predict what those might be.

They had Marner as the 13th forward, one who would move between the Leafs, the Marlies on a conditioning stint, and the World Juniors, in order to best evaluate where is at, and what situation would be best for his future, after the Juniors. That isn't to say 13th forward sitting in the press box, but just used in different situations to aid in his development and that he wouldn't be permanently given a line spot.

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
I don't think it makes sense to bring back Marincin at all. Too many other options.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Honestly, I wouldn't be upset with that for the 2nd year of Shanny's rebuild

Thoughts?

leafs.jpg

I tweaked it. Bozak is gone if we win Matthews. I don't see Holland here either. I don't think Babcock likes him.

Sosh-Kadri-Komarov
JVR-Nylander-Michalek (build up his value and sell)
Leivo-Matthews-Marner
Greening-Laich-Hyman
Lupul

Hunwick-Rielly
Gardiner-Zaitsev (didn't like having him in the top 4 off the hop oh well)
Loov-Carrick
Marincin

I'd like to sign a vet though ideally.

Bernier
Sparks

BertCorbeau

Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
LOL Matthews. I'd love that, but really, TSN? Ok we all know about lottery odds blah blah blah... but if we're going based on probability, and you HAVE to insert a name because it's a projected roster, doesn't Chychrun literally have better odds to make this team than Matthews?

They covered that, and said if the Leafs end up with the 2-4 pick you could slide Nylander into the middle with one of the Finns or Tkachuk (who is #4 on Bobby Mac's rankings) on the RW ... Then Button chimed in with Dubois as a possibility as well.

No mention of Chychrun.

This is also missing Bobby Mac having Marner as the 13th forward on there

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
This team need help on D and I am not sure why Carrick is missing? we need to trade JVR and Bozak for our defensive needs

BertCorbeau

Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
This team need help on D and I am not sure why Carrick is missing? we need to trade JVR and Bozak for our defensive needs

It was pointed out that Carrick/Corrado plus other prospects would be the #6-8 d-men, and the Leafs would likely seek a veteran presence on the third pairing to help stabilize the core.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I don't think it makes sense to bring back Marincin at all. Too many other options.

It's a bit of a cluster there for the #5/6 LHD position. You have 4 assets all around the same age bracket fighting for the same spot.

Let's not forget the Leafs will likely go with 8 D to start the season, so Marincin could be a decent option to keep in that scenario. Loov can go down without waivers, so he's likely there to start but not likely there for the season.

So that leaves Percy and Harrington to fight for a spot. Both need waivers and both have interesting potential. I've said for awhile I could see Percy being traded with someone like Holland to solid value back.

BayStreetBully

Oct 25, 2007
Toronto
They covered that, and said if the Leafs end up with the 2-4 pick you could slide Nylander into the middle with one of the Finns or Tkachuk (who is #4 on Bobby Mac's rankings) on the RW ... Then Button chimed in with Dubois as a possibility as well.

No mention of Chychrun.

This is also missing Bobby Mac having Marner as the 13th forward on there

Oh, I didn't mean Chychrun specifically. I just mean that with us at last place, we literally have a better chance at inserting Tkachuk/Nylander/Dubois/Chychrun/whoever at #4 than selecting Matthews who will definitely go #1. If Matthews could go anywhere from 1-3, then we're talking about 50%-50%. But Matthews is definitely going to be #1, so it's 20%-50% instead.

What are the odds again? 20% at #1, 17% at #2, 15% at #3, and 52% at #4? Seems more fitting to insert the #4 pick into that projected lineup. Anyway, no big deal. :laugh:

BertCorbeau

Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Oh, I didn't mean Chychrun specifically. I just mean that with us at last place, we literally have a better chance at inserting Tkachuk/Nylander/Dubois/Chychrun/whoever at #4 than selecting Matthews who will definitely go #1. If Matthews could go anywhere from 1-3, then we're talking about 50%-50%. But Matthews is definitely going to be #1, so it's 20%-50% instead.

What are the odds again? 20% at #1, 17% at #2, 15% at #3, and 52% at #4? Seems more fitting to insert the #4 pick into that projected lineup. Anyway, no big deal. :laugh:

Yeah I think it more makes sense too, but you know TSN has to hype Matthews .. They acknowledged that it's only a 20% chance though.

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS
They had Marner as the 13th forward, one who would move between the Leafs, the Marlies on a conditioning stint, and the World Juniors, in order to best evaluate where is at, and what situation would be best for his future, after the Juniors.

Marner can't play in the AHL next year. It's Leafs or Knights. I believe he will be in the NHL next year. Also, it's so hypothetical as we have no idea if Matthews will be here or not.

amack081

Nov 1, 2015
Few issues:

I think Colin Greening has earned the opportunity to earn a spot at camp and if he continues to play like he is now, he will likely be on the team.

Lupul is excluded and I know they said that can't have Michalek, Laich and Lupul, but I think baring injuries, he will also be in the lineup.

As for the bottom D pairing and 7th D, I think it will be a battle between Marincin, Carrick, Corrado, Harrington and Percy. Waiver eligibility will also play a factor. I personally prefer Carrick, Harington and Percy.

Does anyone know of a website that shows which players are waiver exempt/eligible?

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS
Sosh-Kadri-Komarov
JVR-Nylander-Michalek
Leivo-Matthews-Marner
Greening-Laich-Hyman
Lupul

Hunwick-Rielly
Gardiner-Zaitsev (didn't like having him in the top 4 off the hop oh well)
Loov-Carrick
Marincin Hope not, rather anybody else who could slide in here

I'd like to sign a vet though ideally.

Bernier
Sparks

I think this is more realistic and if we don't get Auston then slide Bozak in his spot.

No mention of Chychrun.

If we draft Chych I highly doubt he is in a Leafs sweater next year. Better off to just leave him off in that case.

IBeL34f

Lilly-grin
Jun 3, 2010
Toronto
Would love to eventually see something like this up front

JVR - Stamkos - Marner
Laine - Nylander - Kapanen
Komarov - Kadri - Soshnikov
Leivo - Holland - Hyman

But there's a good amount of chicken-counting going on there.

selltrade

Sep 20, 2005
Toronto
www.selltradememorabilia.com
Very unlike Bobby Mac post... Not taking into account almost 9 million in caphit on Greening and Lupul. No Harrington, Percy or Carrick on D. Dont sign any D and lets see how these kids play out. 90% not making the playoffs next year, dont sign foolish UFA contracts. A full year will give you all the info you know on this generation of D. The next is Loov and Vailev and then Nielsen and Dermott.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad