NCAA: 2016-17 Playoff/New Year's Six Watch

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
Ticketmaster tomorrow at 11 AM Eastern. They will be VERY expensive. Parking is a complete joke. Good luck.

ticketmaster said 150 or 210. tournament of roses is 350+. 2nd hand exchanges will prob be astronomical with the 2 teams that are playing in this edition.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
The playoff seeding is fine.

However, placing Penn State above a Michigan team that annihilated them is still comical.

Juicy Pop

BONK
Apr 26, 2014
Scranton, PA
The playoff seeding is fine.

However, placing Penn State above a Michigan team that annihilated them is still comical.

A Michigan team that posts a 1-2 record in away games outside of their own state isn't exactly inspiring, especially when they finish out the season with 2 losses in their final 3 games. One of those losses happened to be against an Iowa team that Penn State blew out in the preceding weeks.

I don't doubt that Michigan is probably the better team, but how you finish in a given season should matter since it's more indicative of the form you're likely to present in a bowl/playoff game.

Last edited:

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
Losing, on the road, to a last second FG and losing in double OT, on the road, to the #3 team in the nation while ranked #2 is nothing to be ashamed about

I knew Michigan/OSU was a defacto playoff game anyhow if Penn State managed to beat Sparty. Which they did.

Shrugs...At least Penn State wasn't vaulted into the playoff like Sparty was last season :laugh:

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
I know conference tie-ins and stuff, but a 10-3 Colorado whose starting QB got injured in two of their losses being left out of a big bowl for a four loss Auburn is garbage.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad