NCAA: 2016-17 Playoff/New Year's Six Watch

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
I honestly think this is the year that some conference gets two teams in, whether it's the ACC, SEC or Big Ten. I think a one loss Michigan/Texas A&M/Clemson/Louisville gets in over an undefeated Washington.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
I honestly think this is the year that some conference gets two teams in, whether it's the ACC, SEC or Big Ten. I think a one loss Michigan/Texas A&M/Clemson/Louisville gets in over an undefeated Washington.

Valid point on Washington.. but, for me I still think they would deserve to be in - even with it being a down year in the Pac-12.

Now if Michigan loses to OSU, and its between them and Washington... check back with me on this :D

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
I think the Pac-12 mostly beating up on each other is going to hurt Washington. I would pick an unbeaten Washington over a one loss team. I'm just not sure that the committee would.

Plus, their games are usually on too late. :sarcasm:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I want to believe in Washington, I've just seen this a lot with the 'one of these is not like the other' enough times over the years. It's been forever since they've been on the championship scene. Look how long it took Clemson to keep it together until the end of the season.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Bama
Michigan
Ohio State
Clemson

Tempted to put the Aggies in place of the Buckeyes. Washington deserves to be in the top 4 but I'm with GKJ on this one. Gut feeling.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
25. Washington State
24. Boise State
23. Western Michigan
22. Florida State
21. North Carolina
20. West Virginia
19. Virginia Tech
18. Oklahoma State
17. Baylor
16. Utah
15. Colorado
14. Oklahoma
13. LSU
12. Penn State
11. Florida
10. Nebraska
9. Auburn
8. Wisconsin
7. Louisville
6. Ohio State
5. Washington
4. Texas A&M
3. Michigan
2. Clemson
1. Alabama

Last edited:

Rocko604

Sports will break your heart.
Apr 29, 2009
Vancouver, BC
SECSECSEC!!!!!1!!!1!!!!

All Washington can do is win their games. And they have done so. Quite convincingly for the most part. Arizona being their only real hiccup. They'll be in the playoff.

End of Line

Mar 20, 2009
SECSECSEC!!!!!1!!!1!!!!

All Washington can do is win their games. And they have done so. Quite convincingly for the most part. Arizona being their only real hiccup. They'll be in the playoff.

Apple Cup though.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
SECSECSEC!!!!!1!!!1!!!!

Potentially, they only have the Pac-12 championship game against a ranked team. I don't see Washington State sticking in the top 25.

I know that Texas A&M only has one game left against a ranked team as well, but I guess they get bonus points because they play in the SEC.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Potentially, they only have the Pac-12 championship game against a ranked team. I don't see Washington State sticking in the top 25.

I know that Texas A&M only has one game left against a ranked team as well, but I guess they get bonus points because they play in the SEC.

If Ohio State and A&M both have 1 loss, tOSU will get in no doubt before A&M.

Rocko604

Sports will break your heart.
Apr 29, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Apple Cup though.

And Pac 12 title game if they win the Apple Cup. I'm going on the assumption Washington wins out. Not a guarantee.

Washington has beaten 2 ranked teams, one of which isn't ranked anymore. A&M has beaten 3 ranked teams, two of which are no longer ranked AND had to go to OT vs both of them (UCLA, Tennessee). I guess losing to Alabama by less than 20 is their saving grace.

FWIW, in 2014, #2 Oregon lost to Arizona in conference play. They then went on to win the Pac 12 and go to the playoff over #5 Michigan State who lost to Ohio State. While the committee might be high off their ass right now, I'm hard pressed to believe a 1-loss P5 Champion (minus the Big 12) will be on the outside over a 1-loss team who didn't even play in their conference title game.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad