Fantasy: 2016-17 HF Sharks Division 1 Fantasy Hockey

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Ok, sorry about all the questions, but I seem to be having some issues pickup a new player after moving one of my players to IR. On my team page I have 1 player on IR. It also says I have "Reserve spot(s) available: 1". But when I go to try to add another player to my roster it says "The maximum number of 5 reserve player(s) will be exceeded." even though I only have 4 reserve players at the moment since one of them has been moved to IR. The totals currently listed on my team page is "Active: 13 Reserve: 4 Inj Res: 1 "

I think you have to fix it for the whole week. I just had trouble picking up Bjorkstrand and needed to fix the lineup for the whole week. I dunno if there's an easier way to do it.

SharksFan1

Aug 9, 2010
Orange County, CA
I think you have to fix it for the whole week. I just had trouble picking up Bjorkstrand and needed to fix the lineup for the whole week. I dunno if there's an easier way to do it.

Thanks. Setup my lineup for the next week and a half and made sure I had a reserved spot open for all of the days and was finally able to pickup a player. Pretty annoying.

Wedontneedroads

Jul 14, 2008
San Jose
Is Fantrax meant to be used on a desktop?

I can't seem to sort through players by stats on the mobile app. Am I missing something obvious?

When I click on the players tab I only get the Fantrax score to sort by which isn't very helpful.

Wedontneedroads

Jul 14, 2008
San Jose
Agreed. But we are just learning about this app and have been using Yahoo/ESPN forever. It just takes time to get to know the innuendos of the tool.

I do see how this one could be better if you use it on a desktop, and if you know all the ins and outs. Unfortunately I am a 99% mobile user, and don't reap the benefits of the more robust platform. So far it's just been frustrating trying to figure out what the heck the mobile app is even telling me.

Not trying to start a debate or turn this into a whine fest though. This is about having fun, and apparently as I get older I am becoming more stuck in my comfortable ways. If by the end of the year I still don't like it and div 1 wants to keep using it I can just drop down to div 2 next year. No biggie.

Will keep asking questions as needed.

Mar 12, 2008
SF Bay Area
Your goalie is killing me in Div 1 and is on my team in Div 3 - hopefully I win won league this week

SactoShark

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
May 1, 2009
Sacramento
My team should not suck. But here we are. They really suck.

Nick Foligno, waiver wire pickup, is my leading scorer.

Not Benn, Couture, Johansen, Carter. It's Nick Foligno.

Evil Janney

Jul 12, 2004
Janney is going with the no goalie strategy. Interesting...

We wouldn't need goalies if Demon Nets were real.
(Mutant League Hockey reference, show me some love here folks...)

Janney's doin' just peachy, but my risk in drafting two heavy starters (2nd & 3rd) hoping they'd average out has not worked very well.

I'm back tracking on my gamble and watching Janney's for next year. :laugh:

I had Schneider last year, and he saved my bacon! I was pissed when you selected him this year. I think with Hall getting added, the Devils probably wanted a more offensive mindset.

Bizz

2023 LTIR Loophole* Cup Champions
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
That was quite possibly the worst trade proposal I've ever gotten in my 10 years of playing fantasy hockey...

I don't care how low I am in the standings, I would never in a million years consider Corey Crawford (top tier goalie, injured but returns this Friday) for Chris Kunitz (old, waiver wire trash). I've dumped players twice as good this week.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad