Prospect Info: 2016-17 Flyers Prospects - Top 5 GOALIES, #6

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
3 of the 4 could make it....maybe even be starters. Unsure on Fedotov.

Sandstrom would appear to be the most likely one. The other guys I really do not know much about the depth of goalies in Canada (I assume they have a ton), Russia, or Slovakia. Anyone know who is in the running for these spots? I'd like to know more about the guys that might beat them out for the job or vice versa.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Sandstrom would appear to be the most likely one. The other guys I really do not know much about the depth of goalies in Canada (I assume they have a ton), Russia, or Slovakia. Anyone know who is in the running for these spots? I'd like to know more about the guys that might beat them out for the job or vice versa.

Sandström is in competition with Filip Gustavsson. Sandström is favourite to start at this point.

Hart is in competition with Zach Sawchenko, Evan Fitzpatrick & Connor Ingram. He will for sure make the roster and is probably favourite to start at this point.

Tomek is in competition with Adam Huska for starter role. It could go either way.

Fedotov would have to have a great start to the season to have a shot at being on the roster, and then he would most likely be #3. Ilya Samsonov & Anton Krasotkin will be the #1 & #2 barring injury or someone playing out of their skin... and there are also Vladislav Sukhachyov & Mikhail Berdin who were the U19 guys this year at WJAC.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
So the cutoff date for WJC is 12/31?

IVAN FEDOTOV Russia
BIRTHYEAR 1996-11-28

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
How crazy would it be to have only 3 goalies eligible, and all 3 make it!

So we could have the 3 goalies plus:

Konecny
Rubstov
Laberge
Myers
Vorobyov
Kase
Provy too as an outside shot.

Last year, we had the most players at the WJC with 7. This year is looking like we could have the most as well using that same number.

Last edited:

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com

Konecny
Rubstov
Laberge
Myers
Vorobyov
Kase

Last year, we had the most players at the WJC with 7. This year is looking like we could have the most as well using that same number.

I think it is almost certain all 3 goalies will be there at the WJC... at worst they will all be the #2 most probably! The only question is if they start.

It is awesome having so many guys at the WJC... it used to suck when we had like 1 player!

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com

Konecny
Rubstov
Laberge
Myers
Vorobyov
Kase

Bernhardt has an outside shot too... he is currently on the roster in Plymouth for Sweden u20. But honestly the odds are like 10%.

http://www.swehockey.se/globalasset...-july-august-2016/roster_swe_jul-aug_2016.pdf

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad