Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Pretty crazy that our:

6th goalie
and 2 guys who did not make the top 20 list

...are on the verge of making the WJC.

And one who did not make the top 20 is on the Flyers.

:nod:

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
G was taking 7 faceoffs a game in his draft season, so he wasn't purely a winger.

http://theqmjhl.ca/players/8149

For comparison, Laberge took 7.4 faceoffs per game last season.

http://theqmjhl.ca/players/12789

gallery-1458674103-mcx-lightbulb-index1.gif

Alex91

Sep 12, 2014
Looking at this list it seems that the AHL guys (minus Sanhiem) haven't produced as much as they did at the jr level, which is understandable. I can see guy like NAK getting the cousins treatment and slipping in the yearly pool, while the NCAA and euro guys raise due to production.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Laberge is not a center, and I don't foresee it happening. His case is a bit different: he was a center. He just wasn't cut out for it and was moved to wing.

Alex91

Sep 12, 2014
I haven't seen him play other then the prospect game, which was a good game to pick, but I have always picture him as a Neil and Sharpe type of winger, with a hard shot. Again that's just the two players that come to mind when his name gets brought up

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
It's a tough decision. Lindblom is more or less dominating a men's league. Myers is dominating kids- although I suspect the Myers hype train is going to reach new heights after these next couple of weeks so that may skew things. They aren't separated in age all that much despite being in separate draft classes. Myers definitely gets a big edge in positional value. I honestly don't know who is more valuable. They are both really close in my view. I had Myers ahead of Lindblom before the season but you can definitely make a case for Lindblom. Both guys got off to tremendous starts. Good problem to have.

Magua

Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
It's too early to know for sure where he'll end up. Look at Schenn or Carter.

Schenn was another center who had to transition to wing due to deficiencies. He may be playing center a bit now but that's desperation, and though he's skilled enough to make due, he's still a pretty crappy center iceman when it comes to most of his duties. Carter is just a very versatile strong 2-way player who can seamlessly play both. He's rare, and I don't see it in Laberge.

Laberge struggled at center at the Q level. He was shifted to wing and his game exploded. There's very little "center" about him...he's just very skilled with the puck and got typecast as the most skilled kids do. His defensive game is really a work in progress. He's a winger through and through to me. Some people want Konecny to be a center too, but it's unrealistic in my mind.

Magua

Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
This was my ranking over the summer.....

1- Ivan Provorov xxxx
2- Travis Sanheim
3- Travis Konecny xxxx
4- Phil Myers
5- German Rubtsov
6- Samuel Morin
7- Oskar Lindblom
8- Pascal Laberge
9- Wade Allison
10- Mark Friedman
11- Nicolas Aube-Kubel
12- Mikhail Vorobyov
13- Danick Martel
14- Cooper Marody
15- Taylor Leier
16- Radel Fazleev
17- Linus Hogberg
18- Robert Hagg
19- David Kase
20- Cole Bardreau

Lindblom has to move up to 2 or 3 in my mind (with graduates out). I can probably do some minor adjusting with a couple guys switching spots near one another...Martel has been really good this year, not sure if I was still a little bullish on his ranking for such a boom/bust offensive undersized guy. Hasn't proven me wrong at all this year, but I might drop him a couple spots for some others like Leier. It's weird: Hagg definitely deserves to go up on merit, but who above him really deserves to be supplanted by him? It's tough. Everyone is doing well pretty much! I know we all had Hogberg mania when we made our lists, but I also wonder how Laczynski, Bernhardt, and even Bunnaman would play into our lists now. Bardreau, nothing against him as a nice 4th line prospect, seems obvious to me to leave out (he did benefit from usage last year too). Marody deserves to be on academic probation from my list.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
With less than two months now until it's time for the 2017 prospect polls, I thought I'd get a head start on the skater list. Let me know if I'm missing anyone. If Dove isn't signed by 6/1 then he'll be removed.

Allison, Wade
Amorosa, Terrance
Aube-Kubel, Nicolas
Bardreau, Cole
Bernhardt, David
Bunnaman, Connor
Dove-McFalls, Samuel
Drake, David
Fazleev, Radel
Friedman, Mark
Goulbourne, Tyrell
Hagg, Robert
Hogberg, Linus
Kase, David
Laberge, Pascal
Laczynski, Tanner
Leier, Taylor
Lindblom, Oskar
Martel, Danick
Marody, Cooper
Morin, Sam
Myers, Phil
Rubtsov, German
Sanheim, Travis
Salinitri, Anthony
Twarynski, Carson
Vasiliev, Valeri
Vecchione, Mike
Vorobyov, Mikhail
Willcox, Reece

Removed from 2016's list
Alt, Mark - Already turned 25
Konecny, Travis - Regular NHL player
Lyubimov, Roman - Already turned 25
Pettersson, Jesper - Going back to Sweden, probably won't be qualified
Provorov, Ivan - Regular NHL player
Straka, Petr - Traded to Devils
Weal, Jordan - Already turned 25

Last edited:

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Also Gordon would disagree with Maxim Lamarche not being a prospect lol

Rick Deckard

Mar 30, 2006
Germany
With less than two months now until it's time for the 2017 prospect polls, I thought I'd get a head start on the skater list. Let me know if I'm missing anyone. If Dove isn't signed by 6/1 then he'll be removed.

Allison, Wade
Amorosa, Terrance
Aube-Kubel, Nicolas
Bardreau, Cole
Bernhardt, David
Bunnaman, Connor
Dove-McFalls, Samuel
Drake, David
Fazleev, Radel
Friedman, Mark
Goulbourne, Tyrell
Hagg, Robert
Hogberg, Linus
Kase, David
Laberge, Pascal
Laczynski, Tanner
Leier, Taylor
Lindblom, Oskar
Martel, Danick
Marody, Cooper
Morin, Sam
Myers, Phil
Pettersson, Jesper
Rubtsov, German
Sanheim, Travis
Salinitri, Anthony
Twarynski, Carson
Vasiliev, Valeri
Vorobyov, Mikhail
Willcox, Reece

Removed from 2016's list
Alt, Mark - Already turned 25
Konecny, Travis - Regular NHL player
Lyubimov, Roman - Already turned 25
Provorov, Ivan - Regular NHL player
Straka, Petr - Traded to Devils
Weal, Jordan - Already turned 25

Pettersson signed with Djurgarden, i don't think he will be qualified.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Good, thanks. That's one less player name to put in every poll even though no one will vote for him.

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
The 3-6 spots will probably be pretty close this year.

1. Nico/Nolan
2. Sanheim
3-6: Myers, Morin, Lindblom, Rubstov

Flyerfan13

Sponsor
Nov 17, 2016
Quite a list if prospects and to think we could be adding 10 names to it in 6 weeks.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Quite a list if prospects and to think we could be adding 10 names to it in 6 weeks.

I think we should go 30 deep this year since we will have so many prospects.

And as I mentioned before, I think we should do the goalies separate from the skaters, but then once they are completed, do a complete one with the goalies too. It would be easy to do since it's really the top forward/D vs top goalie left at any given moment.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad