OT: 2016/17 Fantasy Hockey Thread | Please Post Visitor Fantasy Questions Here Too

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Figured I'd post a thread simply for fantasy hockey. It's annoying when people post fantasy stuff in other threads so we can organize it here. I know some of you are in an Avs HF thread so you can post that stuff here too if you want.

If visitors have fantasy questions about our players please ask in this thread too. Don't worry, we'll answer. All of the East coasters on the Avs board are always looking for something the chat about in the morning while all the Colorado residents and other West coasters are enjoying their sleep :)

BaconNater

Jul 4, 2011
CO
Someone drafted McDavid at 4th overall when I planned to grab him at 6. A melee ensued. Jk atleast I ended up with Tarasenko but my whole draft plan went down the drain after that.

Also did my yearly traditional drafting Varlamov. Fantasy wise I hope Picks doesn't steal too many starts. :laugh:

SaltySkywalker

Bushes of Love
Jul 15, 2016
Tatooine
Someone drafted McDavid at 4th overall when I planned to grab him at 6. A melee ensued. Jk atleast I ended up with Tarasenko but my whole draft plan went down the drain after that.

Also did my yearly traditional drafting Varlamov. Fantasy wise I hope Picks doesn't steal too many starts. :laugh:

I have drafted Varly the last two years after his Vezina finalist year...never again. I think I jinx both my fantasy team and the real team when I do that.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I drafted Gaudreau 18th overall in the first round of my 20 team league. Quite happy with that.

I also just pulled a nice sleezeball move. We get 25 acquisitions for the year but they don't start to track them until game 1 of the season so I picked up Mikko and Frank Vrtrano and added them to my IR as they are IR eligible. Once healthy they can stay on my IR as long as I want. I just cant make any other moves if there's a healthy player on my IR but it likely gives me a a few games to see each player in real action once they return and then decide if I want to drop them or keep them.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I've done that before and sometimes yahoo doesn't take them off it until they play a game so Ive used them for the first game back and put them back on iR before the tag is removed.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Debating between Rask and Varly. Leaning towards Rask, but the homer in me wants to pick Varly.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
How do you guys think ekholm and ehlers will do this year?

Both fantastic. Ekholm might actually be a more realistic PK Subban partner than josi plus he's really good. Ehlers is on the top line with Scheif and Wheeler and it doesn't look like that's going to change.

SaltySkywalker

Bushes of Love
Jul 15, 2016
Tatooine
Debating between Rask and Varly. Leaning towards Rask, but the homer in me wants to pick Varly.

Every time I have drafted/picked up Varly he's been hot garbage so I'm definitely steering clear when I draft tomorrow! Could be diff for you though!

The defense in front of Rask is questionable,...as is Colorado's though.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Every time I have drafted/picked up Varly he's been hot garbage so I'm definitely steering clear when I draft tomorrow! Could be diff for you though!

The defense in front of Rask is questionable,...as is Colorado's though.

It's a points box league that only counts wins and shutouts, my options are Schneider, Dubnyk, Varly, Halak, Rask, and Talbot.

Narrowed it down to Rask and Varly, but it's a hard pick.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
It's a points box league that only counts wins and shutouts, my options are Schneider, Dubnyk, Varly, Halak, Rask, and Talbot.

Narrowed it down to Rask and Varly, but it's a hard pick.

Schneider no contest.

I had s choice of Varly, Halak and Talbot and went with Talbot. Let's say Colorado and Edmonton are even in points. Talbot will have played more games than Varly (because of Pickard) so he will likely have more points.

Schneider is going to play almost 70 games. He's the guy

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Schneider no contest.

I had s choice of Varly, Halak and Talbot and went with Talbot. Let's say Colorado and Edmonton are even in points. Talbot will have played more games than Varly (because of Pickard) so he will likely have more points.

Schneider is going to play almost 70 games. He's the guy

Rask will most likely get 65-70 starts, and the Bruins are a stronger team. In a normal league I'd agree, but this has no SV%. You think the Devils will be a better team than the Bruins this year?

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
So guys, my friends and I created and did a fantasy draft, 40 bucks per person (so I got a lot on the line :laugh:). There are two division around 5-6 teams in each division. After the draft, there are two other teams that could probably rival mine for 1st overall and a playoff spot. My team is one of the three and would like to know which one you guys would prefer (don't worry about position sides). Scoring is normal points, with some bonuses towards hattricks, defencemen goals, and shutouts.

TEAM A
Kessel - Crosby - Pacioretty
Neal - Spezza - Saad
Hornqvist - Eichel - Jenner

Letang - Lindholm
Ristolainen - McDonagh
Daley - EJ Johnson

M. Jones
Allen

TEAM B
Monahan - McDavid - Marchand
Johansen - MacKinnon - Radulov
Drouin - Barkov - Galchenyuk

Ekman-Larsson - Carlson
Ekblad - Hedman
Rielly - Orlov

Quick
Mrazek

TEAM C
Ovechkin - Seguin - Hall
Henrique - Bergeron - Eriksson
Zuccarello - Brassard - B. Schenn

Giorando - Byfuglien
Seabrook - Ellis
Spurgeon - Beauchemin

Rinne
Luongo

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
I just finished my keeper league draft and after stockpiling a lot of high picks last year my team looks pretty damn good on paper. It's a 20 team league with 4C/4LW/4RW/6D/2G/5 Bench. Categories are G/A/+-/PIM/PPP/SHP/SOG/FW/Hit/Blk/GS/W/GAA/SV/SV%/SO. We're allowed 5 keepers(4 skaters and 1 goalie). It's expanding to 7 keepers next year with still a 1 goalie limit. I went a little homer at the end but the pickings were limited at that point. Thinking Matthews and Klingberg will be my 2 new keepers.

1.(6) John Tavares  (NYI - C)(K)
2.(26) Jack Eichel  (Buf - C)(K)
3.(46) Nathan MacKinnon  (Col - C,RW)(K)
4.(66) Gabriel Landeskog  (Col - LW)(K)
5.(86) John Gibson  (Anh - G)(K)
6.(107) Auston Matthews (Tor - C)
7.(112) John Klingberg (Dal - D)
8.(114) Mark Giordano (Cgy - D)
9.(119) Cam Talbot (Edm - G)
10.(127) Alexander Radulov (Mon - RW)
11.(139) Dougie Hamilton (Cgy - D)
12.(147) Patric Hornqvist (Pit - RW)
13.(167) Chris Kreider (NYR - LW)
14.(187) Connor Hellebuyck (Wpg - G)
15.(200) Scott Hartnell (Cls - LW)
16.(207) Matt Niskanen (Was - D)
17.(219) Matt Martin (Tor - LW)
18.(227) Leo Komarov (Tor - C,RW)
19.(247) Carl Soderberg (Col - C)
20.(287) Tom Wilson (Was - RW)
21.(299) Calvin Pickard (Col - G)
22.(358)Karl Alzner (Was - D)
23.(447) Josh Gorges (Buf - D)
24.(467)Mikhail Grigorenko (Col - C)
25.(487) Nikita Zadorov (Col - D)

Last edited:

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I like B the best, seems like best capability for dynamic scoring, the best D and the best goalies plus more of the players I like.

I'd go team B as well

Thanks guys, I will let you in for a little secret and tell you that's my team. I had a choice between McDavid and Karlsson, so it was mega hard, but I think I made the right choice in the end. I am a bit scared though because I can see McDavid getting injured for at least a month again.I had Justin Faulk within my graps for my darkhorse pick, but my best friend took him two picks before mine, with the next one taking Barrie.

I did pick up Jaden Schwartz as one of my bench players with my last pick of the draft. Pretty stoked about that.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Hi. I managed to grab Landeskog, MacKinnon, Mitchell and Varlamov in my HF Yahoo league.

What are the expectations? Thnx.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Super, I think you made out well. Lots to like on your team.

Karlsson was my first pick, I was at like 10 or so.
Thanks! I am still scared of Team C since they are the most proven, but I do agree with you assessment that my team has largest chance of dynamicity. I just gotta have some faith that some of these players don't fall back to earth as Tyler Johnson did last season.

I went 7th, and I believe Karlsson went around the 9th-ish range too. Price went right after Karlsson, but the most interesting one was one of my friends took Provorov for their 9th or 10th round pick (this is still with players like Spezza and Jussi Jokinen still available).

Hi. I managed to grab Landeskog, MacKinnon, Mitchell and Varlamov in my HF Yahoo league.

What are the expectations? Thnx.
Disappointment with a great amount of puck hogging and losing balance ability.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad