Prospect Info: 2016-17 Calgary Flames Prospect Stats & Discussion Thread (CHL, NCAA & Europe)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
I forgot how much Hox likes to pick fights on the prospect forum :laugh:

Here's what Huska said last week:

Mangiapane. Really impressive. Highly skilled offensively. But also complimented Mangiapame saying he was surprised how low risk/pro style he is.

Jankowski. Best player on the team. But terrible at face offs which is probably keeping him down. Needs to get stronger.

Andersson- he said at time Andersson kinda does his own thing. Like he doesn't break out using the traditional system a lot of the time. But he also said that Rasmus is such an elite puck mover, and has so much poise with the puck that he can do whatever he wants and it still works.

Pribyl- big body. Amazing at protecting pucks. Very intrigued by his potential. Still adjusting to NA game.

Klimchuk- getting the bounces, playing with more confidence and more skilled players. Good 200 ft game. Still questions if we will score at next level at all.

Gillies- very high on him. Has the odd game where he's off and then he tends to let out rebounds. Overall could be a very good starting goalie.

Kylington- forget what he said about Oliver

Thanks Snipes! I know we don't see eye to eye too often, but I do appreciate your posts.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I forgot how much Hox likes to pick fights on the prospect forum :laugh:

Thanks Snipes! I know we don't see eye to eye too often, but I do appreciate your posts.

I'd ask for a link to those comments because those are pretty clearly his interpretation of what was said. No coach would say a player is terrible at something and he wouldn't openly question their ability to score at the next level, nor would he basically say a player ignores the system. Those are very clearly sniped-up

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011
Matthew Phillips has 4 points (2 G 2A) so far tonight, his second assist was his first secondary assist this season.

Nooooooooooooooo! I was kinda hoping he'd manage to get a whole season without a secondary assist.

MonyontheMoney

Apr 5, 2015
Parsons has been playing real well after coming back from injury, now sits with a 2.33 GAA and .920 SV%.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Congrats to Dube. Doubt he makes it but impressive nonetheless.

I've never watched him play in Junior, but based on what I saw in preseason I'm pretty confident he does make WJC. His puck possession game oozed of Pavel Datsyuk against competition that was higher than junior competition.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Congrats to Dube. Doubt he makes it but impressive nonetheless.

I'm not so sure. Canada looked like a disaster in the summer showcase yet Dube was one of the few bright spots. Definitely put his foot in the door with that performance.

Parsons and Fox likely play big roles for the USA.

L13

Oct 1, 2015
Matthew Phillips's hat trick is keeping Victoria in the game against Brandon right now. He's having himself a night.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Matthew Phillips's hat trick is keeping Victoria in the game against Brandon right now. He's having himself a night.

The best part of the royals is they have a guy named Chaz Reddekopp on their team. He looks like a Chaz would look too.

BigRangy

Get well soon oliver
Mar 17, 2015
Eetu with the first star in a 5-0 beatdown by Everett tonight. Goal and an assist.

Dillon Dube had 1 assist in a 4-1 win.

Combine that with Phillips' good night night, a Flames win and Heat win and I'd say it's been a pretty good day.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Eetu's had a fairly quiet year. Happy to see him produce because I really like this kid and the potential. Also love his motivational ways.

Good day for Flames prospects. Calgary would be best to have Janko back down to the A for him not to sit too long; I don't see much of a reason for him to come in for anyone after tonight.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Eetu's had a fairly quiet year. Happy to see him produce because I really like this kid and the potential. Also love his motivational ways.

Good day for Flames prospects. Calgary would be best to have Janko back down to the A for him not to sit too long; I don't see much of a reason for him to come in for anyone after tonight.

I listened to an interview with the Everett coach and he heaped praise on Tulo.

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
I think he has a really good shot honestly, he has been such a stud.

Eetu was a steal. Rare that you can pick up someone like that so late in the draft, seems like it's way more common that you have to take flyers on prospects with big upside but a low shot of making it/overagers. Eetu I think is just a legitimately good prospect that people slept on.

Other thing that excites me about him is that while he's giant I don't think he's physically developed yet - look at his babyface for God's sake. I could see him being absolutely colossal by the time he's ready to make the jump.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad