Prospect Info: 2016-17 Calgary Flames Prospect Stats & Discussion Thread (CHL, NCAA & Europe)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Is Parsons doing as bad as his stats would suggest? Ouch.

Also, not too acquainted with the echl, how are MacDonalds stats/play? I was thinking pretty highly of him even last year.
With Parsons, his GAA jumped over 1.00 with his last start, so I would say it was pretty skewed by that last outing.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Nice goal from our forgotten Russian. I don't think there's any major chance this guy actually comes to NA me thinks.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
As much as the updates on Rafikov are appreciated, most of us have zero hope he will ever come to North America.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
He's got outstanding talent, top 20 in the draft. But a 5'9 defencemen is always going to have issues in the corners. So he's going to have to overcome that. Love the pick though.

For sure. I think lower body strength is one of the most workable areas a player can improve though. So let's keep our fingers crossed!

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Not even close or you can say the same for every single player in the first 3 rounds

Well actually he was easily among the best offensive Dman in the entire draft. But let's just ignore facts.

He has 1st round upside plain and simple. The Flames knew they were picking him before the draft started.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Well actually he was easily among the best offensive Dman in the entire draft. But let's just ignore facts.

He has 1st round upside plain and simple. The Flames knew they were picking him before the draft started.

and they knew he was not 1st round talent, why else would they waited till the 3rd to pick him when they had extra picks?

Not saying he is no good, but the hype is laughable at this stage.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
and they knew he was not 1st round talent, why else would they waited till the 3rd to pick him when they had extra picks?

Why would anyone take a player in the 1st round (especially at 6), that they knew they could get in the 3rd or 4th round. Come on, this isn't a concept that needs to be explained to you. I said Fox is a first round talent, and like Hickey should he develop to expectations it's called being a riser. Fox was the best Dman on his team last year and he was the leading PP QB. The fact that he was ranked low by other teams gives full credit to the Flames scouting staff. Anyways his development will do the talking and he already looks like he's off to a fantastic start.

MonyontheMoney

Apr 5, 2015

Late first round/early 2nd probably isn't that far of a stretch if we're talking skill and upside. People just don't like undersized defencemen, and I don't blame them.

It's like they said about Lindstrom (I believe it was him), they had him ranked a lot higher than where they took him, they just knew they could get him later so looked elsewhere with there picks beforehand.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
That's great to hear and good for him. This is a kid to be excited about. Imagine having Gallagher on our team right now.

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
What do you think the Flames are going to do next season with Nick Schneider and Tyler Parsons. Both goalies are '97's and eligible for the AHL next season. With Mason McDonald making a claim for the AHL next season do you think both Parsons and Schneider will go back for overager seasons in the CHL or one to the ECHL and the other back to the CHL?

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Way to early to tell. A lot depends on Gillies this season. If he plays well, he could be our backup next season on the big club. Meaning one of Parsons or Schneider would platoon with McDonald on the Heat. Of course, if Gillies needs more time, one could go to Adirondack and the other play as an overager.

ThatHighGuy

Jul 11, 2014
Canaduh
Is Patrick really considered one of the lower end first overall picks? Haven't been able to see him at all unfortunately. What's the scouting report on him fellas?

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
Is Patrick really considered one of the lower end first overall picks? Haven't been able to see him at all unfortunately. What's the scouting report on him fellas?

Let's not jump the gun here, we haven't drafted Nolan Patrick yet ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Carlton Blues @ Sydney Swans
    Carlton Blues @ Sydney Swans
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $3,420.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Denmark vs Great Britain
    Denmark vs Great Britain