Injury Report: 2016-17 Blues Injury Report (Stastny back)

Status
Not open for further replies.

STL BLUES

Youth Movement
Oct 22, 2013
Up-Nort
That's what I think. I think he had a hairline fracture, and will miss the 1st 2 games of Series 1. That will have put him out about 4.5 weeks.

And we all know that when the boot goes off and the skate goes on we have atrophy. He probably is ineffective for about two weeks post boot. Sobotka is our knight in shining armor.
:fence:

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Stastny walking around the locker room today with no boot and no limp. When asked if he and Bortuzzo will be ready, Yeo said "we'll see" with a grin.

He might not be back for game 1 but 4 weeks out could get him back for game 3 so he'd probably be ready by then. If we can split 1-1 in Minnesota, that'd be pretty big.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
Stastny walking around the locker room today with no boot and no limp. When asked if he and Bortuzzo will be ready, Yeo said "we'll see" with a grin.

He might not be back for game 1 but 4 weeks out could get him back for game 3 so he'd probably be ready by then. If we can split 1-1 in Minnesota, that'd be pretty big.

blues will win both games in minnesota.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Every post I see from you is one of cockiness. I know you aren't a new fan, so what gives? This is the Blues in the playoffs we're dealing with

He thinks in extremes. Every team is either the best team in the league or the worst. Every player either great or terrible. There is no in between in his mind.

TheDizee

Apr 5, 2014
Every post I see from you is one of cockiness. I know you aren't a new fan, so what gives? This is the Blues in the playoffs we're dealing with

you will see my playoff predictions as soon as the edmonton/anaheim division winner is confirmed

TCNyYK.gif

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Minnesota is pretty damn good. I understand wanting to face them rather than Chicago but this is going to be an extremely tough series still.

I am sure everyone else realizes that though.

Shwabeal

Feb 24, 2016
A blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then...but I'll admit, I'm glad Dizee was right for once

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Well...as annoying as it is....dizee has been right about Allen and this series so far.

Dizee....how do we get a 1c? Work your black magic on Tavares....telepathically convince him he wants to come to Stl

TheDizee

Apr 5, 2014
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showpost.php?p=130703743&postcount=82

jake playing too good and team havent even played a B game yet in front of him IMO. if they go up 3-0 i wont mind a sweep though :D. all you have to do is look at the wild post game reactions, they are done its just up to the blues to finish em off and not let em back in. that means no soft garbage goals and stay out of the box.

blues team has been insane on the road for last lil bit which is saying something considering how crap they were until like mid january. i dont see em losing on the road until they play in chicago. chicago/la/ana only teams that will give blues fits on the road. nashville too maybe if rinne stand on his head.

Last edited:

Klank Loves You

Feb 21, 2015
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showpost.php?p=130703743&postcount=82

jake playing too good and team havent even played a B game yet in front of him IMO. if they go up 3-0 i wont mind a sweep though :D. all you have to do is look at the wild post game reactions, they are done its just up to the blues to finish em off and not let em back in. that means no soft garbage goals and stay out of the box.

blues team has been insane on the road for last lil bit which is saying something considering how crap they were until like mid january. i dont see em losing on the road until they play in chicago. chicago/la/ana only teams that will give blues fits on the road. nashville too maybe if rinne stand on his head.

Im not going to lie, I think game 2 was a B game from this line-up.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Im not going to lie, I think game 2 was a B game from this line-up.

The Blues played very well in game 2. The team defence was excellent. They kept The Wild out of the middle and harassed them in all 3 zones. The forwards got back all game and The Blues' skaters kept the gap between the forwards and the defencemen at a good level. The Wild took a lot of poor chance shots. Yes, the hit a post and the crossbar once each, but so did The Blues. The Blues team defence almost got a shutout, if it hadn't been for the unfortunate 2 unnecessary penalties taken too close together. The Blues were great in the physical game, putting The Wild off their game and timing.

I'd call it a B+ game, at the very least on the road.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Game 1 was like a d- bordering on F.

Was game 1 more of the being really good or the Blues being really bad? Game 2 seemed more evenly matched. Did the Blues step up, or did the Wild come back to earth?

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Was game 1 more of the being really good or the Blues being really bad? Game 2 seemed more evenly matched. Did the Blues step up, or did the Wild come back to earth?

The Blues stepped up. Their weak play allowed The Wild to dominate possession and shots and scoring chances in Game 1. For most of game 2, The Blues dictated play, and that's why they won.

TheDizee

Apr 5, 2014
game 1 was blues being really garbage. game 2 they were alright, i guess a C-

i expect a big homestand from them here.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
The Blues stepped up. Their weak play allowed The Wild to dominate possession and shots and scoring chances in Game 1. For most of game 2, The Blues dictated play, and that's why they won.

Yeah,, I thought before the 5 on 3 PP, the Blues had them on their heals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad