2015 World Juniors (Toronto/Montreal, Canada)

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Ehlers is one of my current favorite prospects. I thought he looked great during preseason when Winnipeg played the Wild.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
How was the FIN-USA game overall? Was it Husso vs USA or did we make an effort?

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
How was the FIN-USA game overall? Was it Husso vs USA or did we make an effort?

It was pretty even considering the whole game. 1st period was half and half, 2nd USA had better scoring chances and vice versa in 3rd. Finland pretty much did the same they did last year. USA had the possession but finns kept them hammed on the boards.

Husso looked very comfortable and Saros will have to be really good in order to take the #1 goalie position. On side note i think we have a really good player in Tuch. Looks like Coyle with better hands and hockey sense.

Beegoalie

Dec 21, 2011
Pominville Minnesota
Eichel looked more the part than Mcdavid in game 1. I suppose quality of competition is to blame. Maybe hard to ramp up your game against Slovakia as compared to the defending champs.

Beegoalie

Dec 21, 2011
Pominville Minnesota
It was pretty even considering the whole game. 1st period was half and half, 2nd USA had better scoring chances and vice versa in 3rd. Finland pretty much did the same they did last year. USA had the possession but finns kept them hammed on the boards.

Husso looked very comfortable and Saros will have to be really good in order to take the #1 goalie position. On side note i think we have a really good player in Tuch. Looks like Coyle with better hands and hockey sense.

I really liked Tuchs game as well. He will have a big tourney playing alongside 9. And that PP is nasty with Tuch being the net front guy for all that haven't watched.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
Tuch was in the middle of everything USA did, it seemed. most chances. It wasn't just a matter of him using his size advantage, either. (as it mostly was with Coyle in Jrs). USA as a whole skated the puck in regularly but the Finns were great at keeping us out of the danger zone. I'm waiting for a few more games before i get too excited though--he's stapled to one of the top two picks in the upcoming draft, after all.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
How did Milano look?

didn't look like there was enough grit on that line. that's about all i noticed besides he went for it whenever he could. think he'd be a good fit on the top line...wouldn't defer to Eichel all the time.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
The USA PP really needs to get better. The first one was effective, but when Finland realized we were just gonna give it to Eichel and watch him dance with the puck, it became very ineffective. Nobody moving.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Great pace to this Denmark/Sweden game early on!

Denmark has some real offensive threats. Ehlers and Bjorkstrand making their presence felt early.

melinko

Jun 13, 2010
Minnesota
Tuch battled in front of the net like a NHL vet, really used his body to cause trouble for the defense on the PP.

Looked really similar to Coyle imo. Hard to say having only watched one game though.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Eichel is clearly the best US player to me, so far. Tuch quietly looks like he will have a game that will translate to the NHL. Disappointed in Fasching, and Milano looks meh.... Need to see this team against good competition though.

Domi looks great so far. Wonder if his skills will translate to the NHL?

elnewby

Feb 21, 2012
MT
Tuch already looks more polished than Coyle. It's like he has a man-body(Thank Gillies), plus skill already. People have been buzzing about how good his shot is.

euro

Feb 13, 2013
Hey Wild fans, i am a habs fan and saw all the game of the tournament in Montreal so far and the best player i saw so far is Alex tuch, the guys is a beast, big, fast , Skills, good release. Should of Been draft Way before 18 last draft .

Keke

Dec 6, 2011
Helsinki, Finland
Tuch's development from last springs U18 WHC to this WJC has been amazing. Didn't like this pick (based on his play in U18) but seeing him now makes me very happy.

Give me Niederreiter - Granlund - Tuch or Granlund - 2015 1st - Tuch :handclap:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad