GDT: 2015 World Junior Championship

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
KK has the skill set to be a top line scorer with the talent he will be playing with. also the Pens need some inexpensive wingers to offset high cost moves from Shero. Not sure if anyone can project the Pens contracts after next year but they will need some flexibility to sign Sutter, Bennett if he stays healthy and possibly Perron if he performs. So Kunitz, possibly Dupuis and Spaling have to be or will gone end of 2016.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Kapanen's been pretty physical in the past 2 games. Sucks that it took him several games to figure things out but hopefully he can build a little confidence that can carry over into next year's tournament.

KK has the skill set to be a top line scorer with the talent he will be playing with. also the Pens need some inexpensive wingers to offset high cost moves from Shero. Not sure if anyone can project the Pens contracts after next year but they will need some flexibility to sign Sutter, Bennett if he stays healthy and possibly Perron if he performs. So Kunitz, possibly Dupuis and Spaling have to be or will gone end of 2016.

Dupuis is done as a hockey player so that's one down.

Cherpak

Jan 1, 2014
I'll be very surprised if we see Dupuis play again. Blood clots are a very serious health risk and Dupuis won't risk it with his family.

GarrettC

Feb 1, 2009
I agree Dupuis is done. Kapanen didn't impress me all that much outside of his lone goal. He needs to get more physical and battle along the boards. Hopefully he lands in WBS after his season ends so they can whip him into shape.

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013
I agree Dupuis is done. Kapanen didn't impress me all that much outside of his lone goal. He needs to get more physical and battle along the boards. Hopefully he lands in WBS after his season ends so they can whip him into shape.

Kapanen has ridiculous skills and feet, like elite NHL level in a few years. If he didn't have issues he would never have made it past the first few picks. I agree he needs to be in WBS ASAP. He should be held off the powerplay until he shows that he can hound the puck carrier every shift, show that he wants to be the guy with the puck on his stick and then get involved in the hard areas carrying the puck. He's shown the ability to do each of those things, he just has to show some desire and do it every single shift.

Last edited:

eXile59

Shirts on.
Jan 2, 2009
PA
It's not unheard for a young prospects to have these kind of issues. It's not the kiss of death.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Nylander pulled a Kapanen today. A couple of nice dangles, but otherwise was invisible (and looked disinterested) for much of the game. Bad games happen to the best of them. My only concern was Kapanen looked disinterested the entire tournament, as opposed to being on one game, off the next.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
KK is not a 200 foot player and seems to float a bit. His strength is to finish and that is what the Pens need. Any expecting him to more than responsible on defense are barking up the wrong tree. But his maturity will help him to be better in both zones.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
I don't have any allegiance to Slovakia as a country (and in fact I think it's mostly a garbage place) but I've become a big fan of their junior teams over the last few years. They really play with a lot of heart and determination that most of the other European teams probably wish they could duplicate.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Fucale made me nervous all night. It was one of those games similar to what we've seen from Fleury in the past where he didn't exactly let in any soft goals, per se, but just generally looked shaky even when making a save.

I can't remember the last time Canada truly had strong goaltending. Maybe way back when Carey Price was with the WJ team?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad