OT: 2015 World Championships May 1st - May 17th

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
In this thread, we discuss the World Championship that is being played in Czech Republic. At least until our players do poorly or are eliminated. Or both. Then we scorn them, talk smack about the World Championships, and claim that we never cared about it to begin with.

I haven't found any news about Ehlers, but the Danes on Facebook seem like they hope that he will join them.

Team USA's forwards look horrendous, so it could be possible that we see one of Stafford, Stempniak, Slater or Copp join them, although I wouldn't bet on it. FA seldom join this thing, unless they've been out of the NHL and want to showcase their skills.

Enström will not join team Sweden. They hate him, and he hates them even more.

I would be extremely surprised to see Byfuglien join team USA.

Scheifele is interested in playing for Team Canada, but hasn't heard anything.

Have I forgotten someone who might get invited? Do you have anything to add about the World Championships? Do you like me? Discuss!

http://www.iihfworlds2015.com/en/teams/ (Rosters, when they are updated, nothing yet)

http://www.iihfworlds2015.com/en/games/ (Schedule, GMT+1)

Burmistrov is confirmed for Team Russia Was a last minute cut after the Russians got reinforcements from the NHL

Hellebuyck is confirmed for Team USA

Pavelec is confirmed for Czech Republic

Rob Milette is confirmed for Team Canada

Last edited:

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
Have I forgotten someone who might get invited? Do you have anything to add about the World Championships? Do you like me? Discuss

Schief and Maurice were there last year for the Jets.:handclap:

and what about Trouba....he went the last 2 years as well.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Have I forgotten someone who might get invited? Do you have anything to add about the World Championships? Do you like me? Discuss

Team Canada is being coached by Todd McLellan. I did forget about Fefe though. Apparently they want a young roster and he wasn't awful last year.

mcpw

WPG
Jan 13, 2015
Romang67, I'm lazy, and so are other posters. The official site doesn't have rosters. Could you update OP with a link?

Davedrivesbus

Winnipeg Jets
Dec 24, 2013
Winnipeg

and what about Trouba....he went the last 2 years as well.

Trouba was one of the players mentioned who we're playing injured. Looks like Hellebuyck will have a good chance at starting for the U.S.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Romang67, I'm lazy, and so are other posters. The official site doesn't have rosters. Could you update OP with a link?

I'll update it when we know a little bit more about who will be there. Right now, all that is worth putting in the OP is a tweet about Hellebuyck joining team USA. As the rosters get updated, I'm sure they'll be easier to find, but right now I'm going off of twitter and HFBoards posters updates.

JC Numminen

#goldrush
Feb 13, 2013
Westman
Helle is starting for USA?

Wow, thats pretty sweet. Isn't it kind of rare for a goalie that played in the AHL all season to start in this?

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Helle is starting for USA?

Wow, thats pretty sweet. Isn't it kind of rare for a goalie that played in the AHL all season to start in this?

It appears to be very uncommon. It should be noted that it's possible that Howard, Anderson, Bishop, Darling or Miller gets bumped from the playoffs, and joins the team, which would mean that Hellebuyck becomes the backup instead. I think team USA likes Hellebuyck though, and they did go with a young goalie in Gibson a few years back, so it's not impossible that they feel comfortable enough with him.

We'll see!

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
Well, we really really need reinforcements this year, so there is a lot of hope that Ehlers is allowed to go.

pegjets

Oh Canada
Apr 4, 2013
Hellebuyck was on the 2014 WC team, but as the 3rd goalie. My guess is he'll backup someone coming out of the playoffs.

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
Since you said it: I never understoof why they hate Toby and why Toby hates them.

Tell us Sven!

btw: I'd like to see Scheifele play for Canada

Jets4Life

Dec 25, 2003
Westward Ho, Alberta
Winnipeg Jets participating in the 2015 IIHF World Championship

How many Jets will be going to the World Chanpionships in the Czech Republuic? It's May 1-17. Possibilities:

Canada:

Ladd
Little
Scheifele
Lowry
Myers
Perreault

USA:

Byfuglien
Trouba
Wheeler
Stafford
Stuart
Stempniak

Czech Republic:

Pavelec
Frolik
Tlusty

Sweden:

Enstrom

Denmark:

Ehlers

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
For now ;) I'd be surprised if they aren't sending an NHL goaltender after the group stages. Maybe they won't be able because of injuries or players being tired? Well see. If Helly convinces them and puts up good numbers maybe they'll stick with him. I don't see the USA going far anyway.

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
How many Jets will be going to the World Chanpionships in the Czech Republuic? It's May 1-17. Possibilities:

Canada:

Ladd
Little
Scheifele
Lowry
Myers
Perreault

USA:

Byfuglien
Trouba
Wheeler
Stafford
Stuart
Stempniak

Czech Republic:

Pavelec
Frolik
Tlusty

Sweden:

Enstrom

Denmark:

Ehlers

RUSSIA

Burmistov

And we already have a WC thread

NikoEhlers

May 2, 2013
Aalborg, Denmark
I wonder how tired Ehlers is carrying the moose for so long, hope he's ready, would be a good experience for Nik. I just hate that Bødker isnt in, I wanted to see Ehlers and Bødker on the pp.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Thanks Romang for all the info. Hope as many of our young guys as possible get/take the opportunity. Hearing that Helly is the likely starter for the USA is great news.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad