OT: 2015 World Championships May 1st - May 17th

Hammer Slammer

Mar 26, 2010
Winnipeg
I don't think Trouba or Ladd will be going. Pretty sure Ladd is in rough shape, and there was a tweet suggesting Trouba was playing with a broken/fractured bone.

I'll try to find it.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Really hope that Helle gets in a game this year, I'd like to see more of him in action.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
@MitchPeacock1: Pavelec said he owes a lot to work of goalie coach Wade Flaherty, feels he's much improved. Pavelec will play for Czechs at Worlds. #cbcmb

@MitchPeacock1: Frolik & Tlusty won't play for Czechs at Worlds, pending UFA's don't want to risk injury. #NHLJets #cbcmb

No Czeck Pucks

Aug 29, 2013
One Jet who is good enough and fresh, but totally unknown, is Chiarot. I guarantee he'd be better than at least 1 defensemen they'll send.

Edit: Just realized he's RFA. They would have to sign him first I guess. But he won't be asked anyway.

Last edited:

sting13

Jul 30, 2011
How many Jets will be going to the World Chanpionships in the Czech Republuic? It's May 1-17. Possibilities:

Canada:

Ladd
Little
Scheifele
Lowry
Myers
Perreault

USA:

Byfuglien
Trouba
Wheeler
Stafford
Stuart
Stempniak

Czech Republic:

Pavelec
Frolik
Tlusty

Sweden:

Enstrom

Denmark:

Ehlers

You can forget about any forwards from the Jets playing for Canada.
They already have 13 forwards on Canada

FinnishJet

Mar 19, 2015
Finland
Helle is starting for USA?

Wow, thats pretty sweet. Isn't it kind of rare for a goalie that played in the AHL all season to start in this?

I hope that Hellboy starts in first game against Finland.

What about Armia on the Fins?

I've heard nothing about him, maybe they decided to wait for NHL-players, like Rinne, Grandlund, Koivu, Haula, Terävainen..who gets eliminated in playoffs.

Wolf357

Jul 16, 2011
I doubt Wheeler would play for Team U.S.A if he was asked... He really wasn't given much ice time during the Olympics...think there might be some pride issues there..
But who knows..Patriotic pride sometimes trumps personal pride.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
I doubt Wheeler would play for Team U.S.A if he was asked... He really wasn't given much ice time during the Olympics...think there might be some pride issues there..
But who knows..Patriotic pride sometimes trumps personal pride.

Wheeler has already declined. He said it's time for him to be a dad.

thereturn

Jul 10, 2011
Winnipeg
http://m.bt.dk/ishockey/dansk-stortalent-melder-fra-til-vm-jeg-er-slidt-op

Ehlers declined the invitation to play for Team Denmark, states that he wants to focus on resting after this season, then get bigger and stronger in preparation for next season.

Unfortunate, both for people watching the WHC and for the Danish team.

Big blow for Denmark, but a nice thing for Jets fans to hear if he's focused on getting his body more NHL ready.

Some more good US goalies are going to be available any day now... hopefuly Helly gets at least 1 start first to show his stuff (and grab the job).

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
Ehlers has had a very long season...But I can't help but being a little disappointed and fearful...Denmark is really lacking in reinforcements this year. Really hope we don't go down.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Looks like they found a better center than Scheifele

@penguins: Sidney Crosby confirms that he will play for Team Canada in the World Championships.

White Out 403*

anyone else want to see Pavs lit up by America while Connor gets a shut out on the other end of the ice?

Koonta

The Boss Wears White
Jan 1, 2012
Thunder Road
Ditto, don't get the personal dislike of Pav to the point where you root for him to fail.

Yeah I don't either. We know at this time that he will be back with us next year so performance at the World championships will have no effect on that at all, so why not hope he has an outstanding stretch of games at the tournament.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad