Blue Jays GDT: (2015 v45) @TB | Sat, Oct 3 | 6pm ET/3pm PT | Estrada vs Archer

Status
Not open for further replies.

p.l.f.

use the force
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, CANADA
if you're Houston or Texas do you start your ace in that tiebreaker(if there is one), or do you save them for game 1 if you win or the WC game if you lose?

I know it sounds dumb to not use them to get you into the playoffs, but you can only use them once in those 2 games(both of which are to get you into the playoffs), could wait until the last chance because if you use him in the tiebreaker they won't be on regular rest for games 1 or 2.

It made sense in my head

I would
If it's 1 game to decide your season i would pull off all the stops

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
The job wasn't finished. That's the point.

Now, as opposed to facing the winner of the WC game where they would only face their ace once, they are likely going to have to play Texas now and go up against 2 guys they have struggled against this season in Hamels and Gallardo and are going to have to face those 2 pitchers 3 times total if it goes 5 games.

They just made things ALOT harder for themselves for not playing their starters in 1 of those final 2 games in Baltimore.

Combined stats for every Blue Jay against Hamels this year: 1 for 4 (Tulo)

They haven't faced him. He's good, but he's also a lefty. They're no more concerning than any other team in the AL.

Radiohead

Street Spirit
Sep 6, 2008
Combined stats for every Blue Jay against Hamels this year: 1 for 4 (Tulo)

They haven't faced him. He's good, but he's also a lefty. They're no more concerning than any other team in the AL.

He's also struggled since coming to the AL.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I know it takes a real fan to appreciate throwing away home field advantage. If they lose the ALCS they're going to be absolutely **** on in the media just watch.

"The media" employs clowns like Stephen A Smith, Skip Bayless, Colin Cowherd, and assorted other jokers. Their opinion is irrelevant.

Trouba95*

You guys know the Yanks/Astros are capable of beating the Royals, right?

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Let's merge back into the discussion thread. I'll put up a fresh GDT for tomorrow's game late tonight, after most of the easterners have gone to bed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad