Blue Jays GDT: (2015 v41) Next: vs NYY| Wed, Sept 23| 7pm ET/4pm PT| Nova vs Stroman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yeah15

2nd Tier Fan
Mar 15, 2007
"The amazing thing about Stroman is he's short and pitches so well"? :sarcasm:

lol Zaun, it's going to be tough for the Jays, no it's not moron, he's going to be in there 2nd right after Price, it's the easiest decision AA and Gibby will ever have to make

Yep, that was hilarious. I think it's pretty obvious where the playoff rotation is at, at least for the first 3 guys anyways.

Bionda

AL East Champions
Dec 31, 2007
Toronto, ON
That Russell Martin homer had be screaming at the top of my lungs. Great game by Stroman again. Cecil and Osuna when on are just sublime. Took Cecil a few years to reach this level of performance. So excited, felt robbed after the loss yesterday, great to be 3.5 up on the Yanks.

This is what some of us have been waiting for since our early childhood, and it feels amazing !!

mikeyz

Dec 3, 2013
The Yankees have Chris Sale to deal with tomorrow.

I think there's a good chance they will be 4 back by Friday.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
I'm surprised Zaun isn't in love with Stroman now, should be pretty easy for him no? 3 starts, 3 wins. Gotta love a pitcher who knows how to win.

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
I've been reading some American writers about the Jays rotation and none of them have had Stroman as the #2 pitcher. They are nuts.

Estrada has to be in the mix. 6th in ERA and tied for 4th WHIP amoungst all starting pitchers in the AL. 2nd to Price in ERA since the all star break.....

Then you have how good Dickey has been as well.

It's not as crazy as you think.

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
The Yankees on their forum are complaining about how bad the umping was :laugh:

There was ONE questionable pitch that Martin got called for a ball before the homer. It honestly looked about an inch outside to me. That is a ball. If it's off the plate it's a ball, by the book. So they can cry me a river. Timberlake style. I think I'll listen to that AWESOME song right now, actually. That's how I roll. I'm a revolutionary.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Estrada has to be in the mix. 6th in ERA and tied for 4th WHIP amoungst all starting pitchers in the AL. 2nd to Price in ERA since the all star break.....

It's crazy when you realize how good Stroman has been since he's come back. Even with how good Estrada has been Stro has been better, but it's just been 3 games so he doesn't qualify.

ERA at 1.89 and those 3 runs he gave up in his first start could have been less. 2 ground balls on a slippery infield that went for infield hits followed by a homerun.

Woodman19

Jun 14, 2008
I would pitch Estrada ahead of Dickey in the playoffs, to be honest.

Me too. I would go

Price
Stroman
Estrada

and move Dickey as the long man in the pen while leaving Buerhle off the playoff roster. Sorry but talent>experience when games matter.

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo

Price
Stroman
Estrada
Dickey

That's my prediction. Maybe switch Stroman and Estrada in the order, but those are the four I would go with. I would rock with them. You know what I'm sayin?

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
Stroman was so good tonight. So awesome to see him get the shutout. How amazing is that in like his 3rd start after being off for 6 months. Incredible. This kid is going to be money for a LONG time. I'm getting a Stroman jersey ASAP.

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
It's crazy when you realize how good Stroman has been since he's come back. Even with how good Estrada has been Stro has been better, but it's just been 3 games so he doesn't qualify.

ERA at 1.89 and those 3 runs he gave up in his first start could have been less. 2 ground balls on a slippery infield that went for infield hits followed by a homerun.

I forgot to add Estrada leads the AL in Batting average against.

I got no problem putting Stroman in ahead of Estrada but I don't think it's crazy to have Estrada ahead of him based on his body of work this year.

Price/Stroman/Estrada/Dickey is a potent 4 man for the playoffs, thats for sure.

Woodman19

Jun 14, 2008
I forgot to add Estrada leads the AL in Batting average against.

I got no problem putting Stroman in ahead of Estrada but I don't think it's crazy to have Estrada ahead of him based on his body of work this year.

Price/Stroman/Estrada/Dickey is a potent 4 man for the playoffs, thats for sure.

You put Price-Stroman #1-2 so both players can pitch twice in 6 games (which most series will likely last to)

Shimso

Oct 9, 2011
The Yankees on their forum are complaining about how bad the umping was :laugh:

tbh it did seem in our favour and even didi's last check swing didn't even look close, but after so many years of being on the opposite end of the bronx-sized yankee strike zone, I'm okay with this :laugh:

Bad News Benning

Fallin for Dahlin?
Jan 11, 2003
Victoria
Visit site
Stroman with a 1.89 ERA in 3 starts versus Boston and New York who are the 2nd and 3rd best offenses in baseball. He's not doing this against bottom feeders which makes it even more impressive.

Dingers

Dec 18, 2011
Stroman was so good tonight. So awesome to see him get the shutout. How amazing is that in like his 3rd start after being off for 6 months. Incredible. This kid is going to be money for a LONG time. I'm getting a Stroman jersey ASAP.

I might even get a Jays 'Stroman' jersey now.

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
Looks good to me :D

You know what? I like the way you think. I can tell you are a smart man, and I respect you for having such a refined taste in the sense of which you can tell when a smart man has said something worth agreeing with.

I was being serious, by the way. And high 5! :)

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
I might even get a Jays 'Stroman' jersey now.

Isn't he amazing? All those people in the stands, watching at home. He doesn't even FLINCH for ONE second and throws a shutout game. How old is this kid again? Like 24? We have an absolute gem. I've been a Jays fan for a long time, and never been so excited about a young pitcher since the Doc.

LOVE his fearless attitude. The very code I live by. Life is too short to fear ANYTHING. Never forget this, who ever might read this. You may think I am being facetious; I can assure you I am not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad