Blue Jays GDT: (2015 v33) Next: @ BOS| Tue, Sept 8| 7pm ET/4pm PT | Dickey vs Owens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
Tulo was due for some luck there. Soooo many well hit balls finding defenders the last while.

Woodman19

Jun 14, 2008
Now no matter what happens tomorrow, we will go into NY in first place with a big chance to extend a lead.

Leafsdude7

Stand-Up Philosopher
Mar 26, 2011
Ontario
Tulo was due for some luck there. Soooo many well hit balls finding defenders the last while.

It wasn't a good AB that he got the hit on. Fouled off a ball about 2 inches inside on the first pitch and the single was on a pitch below the knees.

He's had a lot of good ABs lately with no luck, so good for him. :thumbu:

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
His record should be much better

Very little run support

The wins/loss record really means very little for pitcher's stats. Just looking at Hutch's record and you'd think he's been great this season, but he's mostly been pretty bad; his ERA and WHIP (among other stats) tell a better picture of his pretty crappy season, and Dickey has really got his ERA down a LOT since about the all-star break or so.

67Cup

Sep 16, 2005
Daisy Jane, the guy who said "pull" means going the other way got it exactly backwards. To pull a ball means to hit the ball to the same side of the field you are batting from. For example, if you are a left handed hitter, batting from the first base side of the plate, you would pull the ball to right field. If you go the opposite way, you would hit the ball to left field. "Up the middle" is self evident. A batter normally has most power when he pulls the ball.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Turning point of the game: Russell Martin gunning down that Red Sox pinch runner attempting that steal in the 9th ... That killed the Red Sox momentum, and then JD set the tone in the 10th

mikebel111*

Also Tulo is clutch and is amazing
Sorry critics but its true

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Also Tulo is clutch and is amazing
Sorry critics but its true

you do realize if Sandoval is playing normal D instead of protecting the line that's a DP, but hey he's clutch....glad he got the hit and we won the game but so far as a Jay I wouldn't say Tulo has been clutch with the bat.

mikebel111*

you do realize if Sandoval is playing normal D instead of protecting the line that's a DP, but hey he's clutch....glad he got the hit and we won the game but so far as a Jay I wouldn't say Tulo has been clutch with the bat.
He is clutch. Please lets stop doing if and if
Thats like me saying, what if Donaldson got out at 3rd, bad play but good it worked out

Tulo has been unlucky his time here, so he deserves to get some luck here.

#clutchTulo

Funny how these "if" scenarios only pop up when Tulo does good. :laugh:
You dont hear it about others

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Thats like me saying, what if Donaldson got out at 3rd, bad play but good it worked out

#clutchTulo

yes he's been unlucky, but am I saying anything wrong? Sandoval was playing the line...all I'm saying is if Sandoval was playing where he usually does that is a perfect DP ball. Tulo with all his bad luck...lucked out with that hit.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010

#clutchTulo

remember when Tulo hit that hard line ball right at the fielder earlier in the game, and all those Tulo critics were saying, "if the fielder was position differently Tulo would have gotten a hit, good job making hard contact Tulo"

yeah me neither. The if's only come when Tulo does something good. Tulo was due for that hit, he's hitten a lot of balls hard in the last couple games and not gotten a hit.

Tulo has not been good offensively as a Jay and he needs to get better though. But people criticize him for the stupidest of things sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad