Speculation: 2015 Trade Deadline Thread (Deadline: 3/2 3PM EST)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArchCityArbiter

Mar 26, 2014
Columbus, OH
Oh I don't know ... now we have a RW making roughly 5.3M per year that will actually play in the lineup. I'm shocked Horton's deal was not insured. That's just crazy that it happened like that.

Rather have the franchise spend 26-27 million on a player than a spectator. It's not like Clarkson wouldn't fit in the lineup.

rangers91*

we should have traded horton to la for richards instead of clarkson. ugh

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
Believe it or not, I get the deal.

Alongside Johansen and Foligno, I think Clarkson can regain his form from his New Jersey days. If nothing else, the team gets a player that will be in the lineup instead of a guy shelved for probably the rest of his career. In Toronto, he was second or even third fiddle ... in Columbus, he can be a top line guy again.

If nothing else, he will be entertaining to watch and should provide more space for the other forwards.

ndd17

In Eaves we trust!
Jul 14, 2012
Russia
I'd rather have Wennberg with those guys then Clarkson
Wennberg almost does not get a points and does not get a points other. Very interesting for me looks on stats our players with Wennberg and without Wennberg. Sure, without Wennberg they have better stats.
I agree with Sore Loser, that Clarkson can regain his NJD form, but for this need Peter DeBoer HC.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Wennberg almost does not get a points and does not get a points other. Very interesting for me looks on stats our players with Wennberg and without Wennberg. Sure, without Wennberg they have better stats.
I agree with Sore Loser, that Clarkson can regain his NJD form, but for this need Peter DeBoer HC.

I hope you are not saying you want DeBoer as HC. That would be hilarious and sad.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Might be saying we need a coach that coaches like DeBoer. I have no idea what his style was though.

yeah i was thinking that too so i just put i hope not :laugh:. DeBoer is not a good coach for young players so... probably not a good fit. Although our rookies probably would be down, who knows but hes not someone Id want for sure.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Do you think management views him as a 3rd/4th liner? Based off comments from Jarmo, it seemed to me like they think he might more then a 3rd liner.

What're they supposed to say? "We hope he can chip in 10 goals for us a season and bring character to our room"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad