Speculation: 2015 Trade Deadline Thread (Deadline: 3/2 3PM EST)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Fire

What, me worry?
Jun 29, 2007
Jacketstown, Ohio
Now, in terms of what play-off bound teams, or bubble teams would want to help in their play-off push, or play-off run, I would say they would be interested in:

Hartnell, Anisimov, JJ, Wiz, Tyutin, or Letestu.

Any I did not name would be off limits by CBJ FO, or there would be no interest in by the other teams. Although Skille could be a nice insurance player for a third or fourth line if they could get him cheap.

GoJackets1

Someday.
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
Now, in terms of what play-off bound teams, or bubble teams would want to help in their play-off push, or play-off run, I would say they would be interested in:

Hartnell, Anisimov, JJ, Wiz, Tyutin, or Letestu.

Any I did not name would be off limits by CBJ FO, or there would be no interest in by the other teams. Although Skille could be a nice insurance player for a third or fourth line if they could get him cheap.
Have a feeling that Arty and maybe Cam will be our big deadline sell-offs. Now I just hope it's in a package, rather than separately for picks. They aren't completely expendable.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Have a feeling that Arty and maybe Cam will be our big deadline sell-offs. Now I just hope it's in a package, rather than separately for picks. They aren't completely expendable.

Don't worry. They aren't going to go individually for picks unless its for a top 2 which isn't going to happen. Cam is an RFA with a lousy season to negotiate from so its he either signs here for cheap or sits. Arty has lots of value and imo won't be moved until the draft/off-season if at all. I don't see him lasting past next year's trade deadline though.

thebus2288*

For the 50th time. Roster decisions are 100% on the coach aside from signings and trades. Recalls and demotions are joint between the coaches and GM. It's shared.

I'm not too good with corsi and math and all that but I'm pretty sure 25% is the more accurate number. 100% means everything. You named more things that a coach wasn't responsible for than he is. But anyway.

I know its kinda played out but after a few years I continue to go back to 1 name. And now might actually be a good/realistic time to take a shot on him. Evander Kane. He seems to be as good of a fit as anybody "available" in the league that brings or potentially brings exactly the things that the team needs or what "we" think the team needs. I know some of you will be against it for "other" certain reasons and hide behind the old "cancer in the room" and "not a jackets type player" stuff, but again he seems like a perfect fit at the moment.

Atkinson,Golobeuf and a 3rd wouldn't get it done. Trading Johnson doesn't make us a better team now or in 3 years. That leaves us with Tyutin and Wiz. We're a better team with which guy?

Atkinson, Wiz/Tyutin, Letestu, Golobeuf for Kane + '15 1st rd and '15 2nd rd

Or Atkinson, Wennberg, Golobeuf for Kane

Best case: Wiz, Wennberg, Golobeuf, Letestu for Kane + '15 1st rd

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
I'm not too good with corsi and math and all that but I'm pretty sure 25% is the more accurate number. 100% means everything. You named more things that a coach wasn't responsible for than he is. But anyway.

I know its kinda played out but after a few years I continue to go back to 1 name. And now might actually be a good/realistic time to take a shot on him. Evander Kane. He seems to be as good of a fit as anybody "available" in the league that brings or potentially brings exactly the things that the team needs or what "we" think the team needs. I know some of you will be against it for "other" certain reasons and hide behind the old "cancer in the room" and "not a jackets type player" stuff, but again he seems like a perfect fit at the moment.

Atkinson,Golobeuf and a 3rd wouldn't get it done. Trading Johnson doesn't make us a better team now or in 3 years. That leaves us with Tyutin and Wiz. We're a better team with which guy?

Would love to trade for Kane, but not sure I can see us willing to give up enough to make it happen.

Dr. Fire

What, me worry?
Jun 29, 2007
Jacketstown, Ohio

I don't see Cam going because I don't think teams are going to look at him as a player that could impact their play-off aspirations. At the trade deadline the buyers are looking for guys that would / could make a positive impact on their chances.

Cam would be a guy that I could see going in an off-season deal, or maybe be a throw in at the deadline if it were for a return that we just couldn't refuse. Thinking that we could somehow get a top six winger from a team heading into the play-offs is a pipe dream. That would happen during the off season.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Jets aren't trading Evander Kane in season, and certainly not for future players. They have their own Wis in Big Buf, and they play a similar style to us, so I fail to see how Atkinson would fair better there.

As much as you like to convince everyone that Wennberg and Wisniewski are worthless you often have them as the key pieces in your trade proposals. What gives? If they were so bad they should be the throw ins.

db2011

Oct 10, 2011
Brooklyn
I just have a hard time seeing either Wiz or JJ moved. Not stating my feelings on the matter, cause I don't know what they are right now, but both guys seem like part of the core at the moment. Maybe at next year's deadline (except we'll be buyers then), but not now. I'd just be quite surprised if the FO decided to move either

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Jets aren't trading Evander Kane in season, and certainly not for future players. They have their own Wis in Big Buf, and they play a similar style to us, so I fail to see how Atkinson would fair better there.

As much as you like to convince everyone that Wennberg and Wisniewski are worthless you often have them as the key pieces in your trade proposals. What gives? If they were so bad they should be the throw ins.
There's a frequent temptation (frequently observable on Trades & Rumors) on the part of certain posters that goes along the lines of "I secretly know that this guy sucks, but those other fools don't, so they're ripe for a ripoff deal, heh heh heh." It goes along with a general lack of awareness of how hockey trades work and what motivates them; these are the same sorts of folks who propose "big rebuilds" that end up poaching core players from other teams for spare parts and then get huffy and defensive when told that they're being crazy. :)

ca5150

Jul 17, 2006
Columbus, Ohio

I would do any of those trades that didn't involve Wennberg, I don't want to see another Voracek situation...but I would trade Atkinson, Wiz AND Tyutin, Letestu, Golobeuf and draft picks in a second, maybe not the 1st though, that's a little pricey considering we have a shot at the #1, we have to win the lottery at some point, no?

GoJackets1

Someday.
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
I don't see Cam going because I don't think teams are going to look at him as a player that could impact their play-off aspirations. At the trade deadline the buyers are looking for guys that would / could make a positive impact on their chances.

Cam would be a guy that I could see going in an off-season deal, or maybe be a throw in at the deadline if it were for a return that we just couldn't refuse. Thinking that we could somehow get a top six winger from a team heading into the play-offs is a pipe dream. That would happen during the off season.
Oh it'd be a pipe dream for sure. I guess I didn't really think about that fact, but hey, once upon a time a couple GM's thought that Rusty Klesla and Scotty Upshall would Impact playoff chances. :sarcasm:

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
I think anyone expecting us to be anything other than sellers at the deadline is in for a big surprise.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
I think anyone expecting us to be anything other than sellers at the deadline is in for a big surprise.

peter_sellers.jpg

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus

No thank you.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
I'll guess that Asinimov and Atkinson have good chances of being shipped by the deadline.

I think that Asinimov is going to get squeezed in the center overage and will cost too much. I think that it's probably in the team's best interests to move him.

Atkinson might be being "showcased" with his recent first line time. I wouldn't have any issue signing him for 2 years on the cheap, but his lack of productivity is getting frustrating.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Would Winnipeg really want Anisimov? They've got Little-Scheifele-Perreault down the middle.

I was going to say the same thing. And even if they run Scheifele-Perreault on the same line they still have Adam Lowry emerging as a strong #3C. I don't see the Jets as natural trading partners as much as the Oilers are.. and maybe a few other clubs.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
I was going to say the same thing. And even if they run Scheifele-Perreault on the same line they still have Adam Lowry emerging as a strong #3C. I don't see the Jets as natural trading partners as much as the Oilers are.. and maybe a few other clubs.

Just curious, who are 'a few other clubs'?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad