OT: 2015 Toronto Blue Jays (and general MLB) Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Well, we're up to 8-2 with the bases juiced and two outs. Boom boom Bautista is up to bat.

EDIT: And just like that, it's 8-4.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Umps just completely blew a call. Cool.

And the Jays have stranded like 9 runners this game. Reyes has been hot garbage. If not for that, the Jays should be winning.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Blue Jays actually just did something big near the trade deadline! Got rid of Jose Reyes (who has sucked at baseball this season, in my opinion) and a minor-leaguer for Troy Tulowitzky and a pitcher!

herashak

Mar 24, 2013
You gotta hope that stronman kid is the real deal, and hopefully hutchison gets it together. They also got some other younger pitchers. Because that infield is deadly. I want to see more about the minor league guys involved becauase they have shopped some good young players away.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
You gotta hope that stronman kid is the real deal, and hopefully hutchison gets it together. They also got some other younger pitchers. Because that infield is deadly. I want to see more about the minor league guys involved becauase they have shopped some good young players away.

Problem is their infield is ready now, their pitching isn't. Once it is, they likely will have lost some bats.

herashak

Mar 24, 2013
Im looking right now, the tenth rated prospect in all of baseball is a RHP on the mets. Traded from the jays for dickey. The jays have 5 years on this new guys contract, he is kinda injury prone.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Im looking right now, the tenth rated prospect in all of baseball is a RHP on the mets. Traded from the jays for dickey. The jays have 5 years on this new guys contract, he is kinda injury prone.

Meanwhile, the Blue Jays have nothing right now out of that Doc Halladay trade a few years back. It's always a gamble.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I am very excited about the trade. Tulo is one of the top 3 shortstops in the game today. He is extremely reliable defensively and hits for a good average. I am not expecting him to hit homers like he did in Colorado, but if his road numbers are any indication the drop off shouldn't be more than 5% (assuming half his games were played on the road). He is an upgrade in every facet of the game from Reyes (except base running/stolen bases). Better defensively, better average, better power, better at driving in runs. Nothing not to like about this deal.

Now let's hope we can add a starting pitcher (or 2)

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I am very excited about the trade. Tulo is one of the top 3 shortstops in the game today. He is extremely reliable defensively and hits for a good average. I am not expecting him to hit homers like he did in Colorado, but if his road numbers are any indication the drop off shouldn't be more than 5% (assuming half his games were played on the road)

Homers or not, he's an upgrade on Reyes. Reyes was constantly popping out in the lead-off spot, and defensively he was letting the team down over and over.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Homers or not, he's an upgrade on Reyes. Reyes was constantly popping out in the lead-off spot, and defensively he was letting the team down over and over.
I was editing my post and adding more because I hit submit by accident :laugh:

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Guys, so it's official. 20+ of my family members are taking my Dad to the Jay's game on Aug, 16th against the Yankees. It's pretty awesome, we are getting a box and there's a chance that my Dad may get to actually go on the field. It's going to be a really emotional time for me, I'm so happy my Dad is going to get to experience this.

Gritty

Nov 28, 2011
Guys, so it's official. 20+ of my family members are taking my Dad to the Jay's game on Aug, 16th against the Yankees. It's pretty awesome, we are getting a box and there's a chance that my Dad may get to actually go on the field. It's going to be a really emotional time for me, I'm so happy my Dad is going to get to experience this.

That's amazing news!

What a special moment that will be for you, your dad, and family! Still in my thoughts and prayers, Hox!

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
I don't get this trade... Reyes wasn't that bad.

They need pitching and they traded away top pitching prospects to get another positional player. Hawkins helps the bullpen, and maybe this lets Sanchez go back to the rotation. But how does Toronto expect to beat any of the good teams come playoffs, if they make it? It's not going to happen.

The only real thing I can think of, is that Rodgers is finally ready to make the Blue Jays a high salary team. Maybe go after a pitcher like Proce in the offseason.

herashak

Mar 24, 2013
The way he was playing this year, Yes he was bad. The jays have acquired him for the next 5/6 years. Kinda like a team acquiring gio on a 5/6 year deal. It hurts to lose young arms and not upgrade the bullpen but they acquired a long term piece here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad