OT: 2015 Toronto Blue Jays (and general MLB) Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Jays made it close, too close.

Hendriks gave up 3 hits and a run, so they brought Castro in. He gave up a 3 run shot to make it 7-6 before finally closing it out.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Anyway, as I was saying in the wrong thread, I am going to the Jays/Angels matinee on the 18th of May. Hooray! It'll be my twin nephews' first ever game. And my fiancée's first game.

I made sure to get tickets in the right-hander home-run zone.

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
Anyway, as I was saying in the wrong thread, I am going to the Jays/Angels matinee on the 18th of May. Hooray! It'll be my twin nephews' first ever game. And my fiancée's first game.

I made sure to get tickets in the right-hander home-run zone.

smh should have gone to a Raps game instead :shakehead

May 27, 2012
Earth
There are very few things I would want to do less than go to a basketball game. :laugh:

Basketball isn't fun to watch. I remember watching a game that went 3OT last season...Flames game was on. Apparently it was one of the longest Overtimes in history or whatever. Didn't get to watch it the Flames/Kings until halfway through the 2nd. Basketball isn't even fast paced. They take a minute in between whistles every time before the game continues.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Better than baseball though! :laugh:

why do hockey fans hate basketball?

You know, I tried putting down a few reasons, but in the end it just comes down to personal taste. My main gripe with basketball is that the vast majority of the game is usually meaningless, and the game is decided in most cases in the final few minutes. Just a bunch of back-and-forth stat-padding and attempts to get on the highlight reel, then the real game begins in the fourth quarter. If there's one reason I can't sit and watch basketball, that's probably it. It's hard to get excited about each basket when it means so little.

It's slow-paced, but baseball is also slow-paced, so I can't really say that's a reason.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Better than baseball though! :laugh:

why do hockey fans hate basketball?
I find it boring. I find the players to be soft.

Plus how can I in good conscience support any team with Drake as their ambassador?

I personally love baseball. Especially great defensive plays, not just the diving catches or whatnot. Maybe it's because I played for many years so I know how difficult what they are doing is.

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
I find it boring. I find the players to be soft.

Plus how can I in good conscience support any team with Drake as their ambassador?

I personally love baseball. Especially great defensive plays, not just the diving catches or whatnot. Maybe it's because I played for many years so I know how difficult what they are doing is.

Music aside, all Raps should be thanking him. Not only did he help in the rebranding of the Raptors, but now players seem to actually like Toronto.. for the longest time, Toronto in the NBA was seen a major negative, but now I'd say the tide is turning. He's really helped the organization develop further into a basketball city. He's also made the team into a popular franchise outside of Toronto, too.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Music aside, all Raps should be thanking him. Not only did he help in the rebranding of the Raptors, but now players seem to actually like Toronto.. for the longest time, Toronto in the NBA was seen a major negative, but now I'd say the tide is turning. He's really helped the organization develop further into a basketball city. He's also made the team into a popular franchise outside of Toronto, too.
So they want you to believe. But I think it has more to do with the fact they are a playoff team now, that is how professional sports works. Just like how the Flames are going to have a bunch of new fans after this year.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
When I was a teenager I watched the Bulls religiously, Jordan was my favourite athlete on planet earth. When he retired, Vince Carter filled that void for me somewhat but after he was traded I gradually watched basketball less and less. Growing up I played basketball for over 10 years so I understand the game very well, but the NBA has really lost its lustre to me.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Holy cow. The Blue Jays scored 9 runs in the 7th inning last night at Fenway to win 13-10 after trailing 8-1 at one point. :amazed:

And then won again today. 10 game winning streak!

Taranis

Jul 9, 2013
Nova Scotia
Holy cow. The Blue Jays scored 9 runs in the 7th inning last night at Fenway to win 13-10 after trailing 8-1 at one point. :amazed:

And then won again today. 10 game winning streak!

I'm wondering how there going to break my heart and not make the playoffs this season.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I'm wondering how there going to break my heart and not make the playoffs this season.

Well, they're on the outside looking in right now...

They honestly had a terrible start to the season. Their pitching was wild and the batters spent every at-bat trying to hit a home run. We'd get one or two solo homers a game, while the other team walked in three runs. Brutal to watch. They're getting it in gear now, though. Donaldson has been a monster.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Just seems like this happens every year since Joe hit that homer.

Every year, they go on stretches that are really fun to watch. That's better than the alternative. :dunno:

I'm not the same kind of fan of the Blue Jays as I am of the Flames. I just want them to provide entertainment for me while the Flames aren't playing. So I don't mind several years of mediocrity so long as they aren't cellar-dwellers.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Every year, they go on stretches that are really fun to watch. That's better than the alternative. :dunno:

I'm not the same kind of fan of the Blue Jays as I am of the Flames. I just want them to provide entertainment for me while the Flames aren't playing. So I don't mind several years of mediocrity so long as they aren't cellar-dwellers.
I agree kind of, but I'd love for the Jays to get better so that I could be completely enamoured with them again.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
It is unfortunate that the rest of the AL East is almost as hot as the Jays, well except the Red Sox. The Yanks, O's and Rays are all 7-3 in their last 10. I hope the O's can beat the Yanks tonight. And the White Sox manage to beat the Rays. We could be 1 game out and tied for the Wild Card by the end of the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad