OT: 2015 Toronto Blue Jays (and general MLB) Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I do not like afternoon games when I get off work at 7am. Glad they won, just wish they played in the evening.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I do not like afternoon games when I get off work at 7am. Glad they won, just wish they played in the evening.

The atmosphere was insane. When Edwin hit his grandslam, a few fans started throwing hats during the curtain call. Then when Smoak got to 2-0, play had to be halted for a while while people went around picking them up off the field. Apparently it was like a cascade of hats being tossed, but only a few of them got to the field.

Then Smoak walked and Martin blasted another home run to the exact same spot to break out of his funk, and the place just exploded again.

In other sombre news, a fan (early 60s) died at the Braves/Yankees game today after falling from the upper deck. :(

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
There really is something special about this team. Anthopolous has done an outstanding job at getting key players right in the prime of their careers.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
I can't believe how good Goins has been. With him and Tulo in there the Blue Jays D is the top in the league.

Gritty

Nov 28, 2011
Donny, EE, Pillar, and Russell with HRs!

This series has been good for Russell getting his confidence back offensively!

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
The Jays have hired Mark Shapiro to replace Paul Beeston at seasons end. Shapiro will be President and CEO.

http://m.bluejays.mlb.com/news/article/146398020/blue-jays-name-mark-shapiro-president

TORONTO -- The Blue Jays' search for a new president is over, as it was revealed on Monday that veteran Indians front-office executive Mark Shapiro will be the successor to Paul Beeston.

Ownership group Rogers Communications and the Indians acknowledged the move in public statements issued Monday morning. Shapiro will take over at season's end for Beeston, who previously announced that he would be retiring at the end of the season.

Gritty

Nov 28, 2011
Salazar has been unreal to start this game. 6 strikeouts in 3 innings. Hopefully our bats come alive in the 4th!

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Welp, the only thing that would be more disappointing than Edwin's hitting streak coming to an end on a 0-1 performance would be a blown save.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Huh. All of those things basically happened (Edwin went 0-2), but then Goins hit a walk-off home run to make everything alright.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad