OT: 2015 Toronto Blue Jays (and general MLB) Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Baltimore beat the Yankees!

Hilarious stuff at Fenway meanwhile. Donaldson with a towering drive to the monster, bounces right off the top edge of the wall and goes straight up. Donaldson slides in to third, the crew reviews the bounce and determines no home run, then Boston challenges the play at the bag and it's upheld as safe.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
6wt7bj686n-18.png

Wayne Primeau

Stay Gold
Apr 22, 2014
Ottawa
hey, what’s with the Blue Jays’ website’s URL?

toronto.bluejays.mlb.com

Why that long? Just make it bluejays.mlb.com, or even better, bluejays.com.

That’s not even mentioning how the MLB’s website is:

mlb.mlb.com

WHY? :wedgie:

Caribou Lou

Mar 16, 2008
Cgy AB
Man the Jays have not looked good this series, I know the Red Sox are playing well but this is still a team we should be beating.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Man the Jays have not looked good this series, I know the Red Sox are playing well but this is still a team we should be beating.

Yeah, it's all down to pitching. Buehrle has hit a wall, and Hutchison is not a reliable starter. Might not see either of them in New York this week.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
hey, what’s with the Blue Jays’ website’s URL?

toronto.bluejays.mlb.com

Why that long? Just make it bluejays.mlb.com, or even better, bluejays.com.

That’s not even mentioning how the MLB’s website is:

mlb.mlb.com

WHY? :wedgie:

Well, they have all those domains, and just redirect them all to the longest of the urls.

bluejays.mlb.com and bluejays.com both do take you to the site.

Caribou Lou

Mar 16, 2008
Cgy AB
I was half expecting Buehrle and Hutchison to **** the bed, I'm just frustrated with how poorly the bats have looked so far, Porcello and Kelly are guys we should be crushing.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I was half expecting Buehrle and Hutchison to **** the bed, I'm just frustrated with how poorly the bats have looked so far, Porcello and Kelly are guys we should be crushing.

Yeah, it's been bad all right. Can't believe how bad we've hit with RISP.

Luckily, Baltimore are winning 5-3 in the 9th against the Yankees, so the Jays can back into the weekend 4-gamer with their 1.5 game lead intact.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Blue Jays just STEAMROLLED the Yankees 11-5 in the first game of the four-game set today. Crazy. Got well into the bullpen too, which is an added bonus with three games over the next two days.

Only negative was that Price didn't go deep at all. But because of our lead, we didn't use our big guns out of the pen.

GAMO1992

#ThankYouIggy
Dec 9, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Looking forward to the Double header tomorrow.
Also, I watched the game and there was literally almost if not as many Jays fans there as there was Yankees fans.
The aura surrounding the Yanks has disappeared it seems since Jeter retired.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Looking forward to the Double header tomorrow.
Also, I watched the game and there was literally almost if not as many Jays fans there as there was Yankees fans.
The aura surrounding the Yanks has disappeared it seems since Jeter retired.

The atmosphere near home plate and surrounding area has quieted down over the last few years because since they built the new stadium because getting tickets is like putting a second mortgage down on your house. Those seats behind the plate and first base line go for thousands of dollars..Who the hell is going to pay (outside of wealthy folk) to go to a regular season game in those? The outfield was packed with fans it's just that the home plate area and surrounding area the prices are ridiculous. In saying that the Yankees still draw very well, they had over 40k last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad