OT: 2015 Redskins Part VI: Yes, we like that. Heard you the first time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
Cousins has made me so disinterested in the Skins this year, its been kinda odd to step back and look at how quickly a win or loss sways people. Its like people don't realize we had to come back against the worst team in football and that will now compete with the best team in football.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Cousins has made me so disinterested in the Skins this year, its been kinda odd to step back and look at how quickly a win or loss sways people. Its like people don't realize we had to come back against the worst team in football and that will now compete with the best team in football.

We talked about it plenty in the previous thread. I also heard people talking about some of the "yeah but" factors on sports radio. But few are talking about NE this week, probably because it would've been 2 weeks away and most probably everyone not looking to be miserable for 14 more days just wanted to savor a RARE VICTORY.

If people are talking about beating the Patriots next week then that would raise an eyebrow.

Plus, the Bucs have talent. They're an inconsistent team, imo, partly because of a rookie QB (who I believe will be a good pro and can win games THIS year) and partly because they have a recycled coach that's known for this kind of thing. He had a 7-1 Bears team miss the playoffs in 2012 before being fired. He doesn't manage assets well.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Yeah, at least on here, didn't read any comments about beating NE. It's a rebuilding team, a young team, that got down big, for whatever reason, and fought back for the win. Didn't give up. Regardless of the opponents talent level, that is a positive.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002

Of all the things wrong with this franchise, Cousins is causing disinterest in you? Maybe it's time to step away if you can't even enjoy the few wins they get?

Everyone realizes the reality of the season.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA

2 things:

Tampa is not the worst team in football. They aren't good, but they aren't the worst. 18 teams have the same amount of losses (4) -- or worse -- than Tampa. And that includes the Skins beating them. So that worst team in football rhetoric is unfounded.

The Redskins will compete against the Pats, but I don't see anyone (other than one poster who quickly corrected himself) saying the Skins will have a chance. I've seen someone saying that losing by 17 would be great. Most think they will lose by 30.

Seems that the most outlandish comments on here, are coming from you?

Sep 19, 2008
NE has played a lot of teams close but this team also has the capability of being on that "Miami" level. Miami blew out two pretty bad teams then got trucked by New England.

The only hope is that Atlanta was nearly beatable. Then again, Atlanta has started to regress and didn't play anyone (but NE hasn't played anyone either other than the Jets)

"Makes you think".

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
NE is 40-something and 4 at home the last 5 or 6 years. I wonder what the early odds are

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
NE is 40-something and 4 at home the last 5 or 6 years. I wonder what the early odds are

More than 11, less than 14, would be my guess. I used to bet Football a LOT. So while I'm not an expert, 15 years of watching lines has me seeing things pretty well now.

I'd see a 12.5 - 13.5 opening, which if it breaks thru the 14 ceiling, could race to 16.5. Skins defense will allow for them to get a little love, as will their ability to score points, Skins could put up 20-27 if they get any breaks at all, which means an NE output of 38-41 is right around the number.

Total should be well north of 52, maybe as high as 54.

Of course, assuming clear weather. If it's bad weather, line will be closer to 10, total closer to 44.

Then again, could be totally wrong

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
NE has played a lot of teams close but this team also has the capability of being on that "Miami" level. Miami blew out two pretty bad teams then got trucked by New England.

The only hope is that Atlanta was nearly beatable. Then again, Atlanta has started to regress and didn't play anyone (but NE hasn't played anyone either other than the Jets)

"Makes you think".

Think about what? A Skins covering the spread, maybe. Not a Skins win. No chance. Pats would win 99 outta 100 at home vs the Skins.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
if anyone is able to see all the games, chris cooley is in the booth for the cardinals and browns game as the color guy

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
if anyone is able to see all the games, chris cooley is in the booth for the cardinals and browns game as the color guy

Yeah, been listening to him when that game comes up on the Red Zone Channel. He is doing a pretty good job.

Also, the Redskins Marching Band was also doing some extra work during the bye week. They played at halftime at the Navy game yesterday. Crowd joined in, me included, when they played Hail to the Redskins, and then the band ended playing Anchors Away. Big hit with the Mids.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
giants 4-4: upcoming games @tampa, vs patriots, bye week, @skins
redskins 3-4: upcoming games @NE, vs NO, @panthers, vs giants
eagles 3-4: upcoming games @cowboys, vs miami, vs tampa, @lions
cowboys 2-5: upcoming games vs eagles, @tampa, @miami, vs panthers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad