Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Timo Meier

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
If you trade Marner for Barzal, I think it would become obvious that Barzal is the better player.

I think they're almost essentially the same player, just one plays center and the other plays the wing. Both are fantastic setup men who are great puck carriers, but who aren't the best at scoring goals. Barzal's got the edge in skating and stickhandling, Marner's got the edge in terms of more consistently funneling the puck to the front of the net.

Buck Naked

Can't-Stand-Ya
Aug 18, 2016
Career arc wise. Marner's main competition is Kucherov, Kane, Marchand, and Panarin. Three of those players are aging out. Over the next couple of years couple be the best winger in the game, and arguably has the most value out of those five given his age.

I forgot they stopped letting young wingers into the league. Give me Lafrenierre for $500 please.

keglu

Jul 11, 2014
Career arc wise. Marner's main competition is Kucherov, Kane, Marchand, and Panarin. Three of those players are aging out. Over the next couple of years couple be the best winger in the game, and arguably has the most value out of those five given his age.

So in short he is not arguably best winger in the game as you stated but can be in the future whene all best wingers currently decline?
Also there is this guy in Boston who is only 24 years old and was better than Marner in few last seasons.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Hes definitely a great regular season performer but if we are doing a redraft we have the luxury of ranking these players in ALL circumstances, like playoffs. As well as recent risers too.

I did list players Id take over him already, I will do it again for you bub

McDavid
Eichel
Aho
Barzal
Rantanen
Chabot
Werenski
Proborov

And Im a big Marner fan too, but got the luxury of ranking these guys without ya blinders
How can you take into account circumstances like the playoffs and still list Jack Eichel as being ahead of Marner? Do you not remember how in his 5 years so far with Buffalo he's never made the playoffs. Besides that he's had one season of at least 80+ points which was the 2018-19 season when he had 82 pints in 77 games. He's also had one season of at least 30+ goals which was the 2019-20 season when he had 36 goals goals.

Marner has had 94 points in 82 games during the 2018-19 season and like others said taking the playoffs into account he's had 21 points in 25 games, which includes 9 points in 7 games during the 2018 playoffs that lead Toronto in scoring.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad