News Article: 2015 outdoor game: Sharks "expected" to host game in 14-15 (news update in post #90)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Levi's is the bigger stadium.

(So I'd expect more "team contests for trip to Stadium Classic" to fill some of those seats.)

And the newer stadium.

(I'd be taking CalTrain to AT&T. VTA to Levi's. And I can walk from home to station, so don't need to pay parking.)

Gilligans Island

Jul 2, 2006
SF/Bay Area
Levi's is the bigger stadium.

(So I'd expect more "team contests for trip to Stadium Classic" to fill some of those seats.)

And the newer stadium.

(I'd be taking CalTrain to AT&T. VTA to Levi's. And I can walk from home to station, so don't need to pay parking.)

It'll be a stretch, I think to fill a 68,500 seat stadium vs. a 41K stadium. Wish they did it in AT&T since it is a much more attractive location overall.

ChompChomp

Can't wait for Sharks hockey to return someday
Jan 8, 2007
El Paso, TX
Greg Wyshynski ‏@wyshynski 10m
Sorry Dallas, San Jose and Floridian fans - tried to get Bettman to nail down an outdoor game. Best he said is some might be road teams

Uh oh...

I know this reply is very late, but if Bettman wants to do Sharks at Caps on January 1, 2015, I'm totally, totally down and would most definitely go to DC for it (while I'm still up in the air to go to a Consolation series game in Bay Area).:handclap:

vatali

Life Long Slacker
May 27, 2005
Middle of nowhere
They need to announce the date! Since I'll probably not be seeing a Stanley cup anytime soon (fan of Sharks, live in STL), this outdoor game is my only piece of glory :)

Realistically, I hope the tickets are as easy to get as the ones in LA were. While bad for the local market, at least I knew I could get a couple without going the obscene route of scalping them.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
I think the game would be better at AT&T Park because of the view, but I bet it will be at Levi's Stadium because the capacity is larger. I really hope they don't play the Kings, but I feel like that is a given.

I can hear it now... "Oh, remember that time the Sharks blew a 3-0 series lead in the playoffs?"

Coily

Gettin' Jiggy with it
Oct 8, 2008
Redlands
I think the game would be better at AT&T Park because of the view, but I bet it will be at Levi's Stadium because the capacity is larger. I really hope they don't play the Kings, but I feel like that is a given.

I can hear it now... "Oh, remember that time the Sharks blew a 3-0 series lead in the playoffs?"

On the NHLN today. EJ said Sharks Kings.

Coily

Gettin' Jiggy with it
Oct 8, 2008
Redlands
Yeah, I doubt he would just "throw" that out there without knowing something.

He's not that type of person.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY

QuackCity93

Sep 30, 2013
I really hope its Sharks vs Ducks. LA is not the type of team that should be playing in an outdoor game their style made the game at dodger stadium pretty boring. Having the Sharks and Ducks go at it would be an intense back and forth battle

PredragD

May 5, 2011
Levi's Stadium is my hope. (1) Having attended two outdoor games, football stadiums provide much better hockey sightlines than baseball-only parks. (2) It will be easier and likely cheaper to get tickets at a larger venue. (3) It will generate more revenue for the NHL.

As for indications based on Sunday's schedule release, I am guessing the NHL would most like to schedule the Stadium Series on the weekend of 2/7/15-2/8/15. It is the weekend right after the Super Bowl and a week before the NBA's All-Star Weekend. There are no other major North American sporting events that could steal the limelight that weekend. Alternatives might be the weekend of 2/21-22 or later, but I doubt they want to have it spill too far into the season and lose the luster created from the 1/1/15 Winter Classic.

Chairman Mallard

Mar 9, 2007
Santa Rosa
I heard Minnesota might host Dallas this year. If there are only 2 outdoor games maybe the Sharks aren't getting one after all.

edit: Nevermind, thats rumored for 2016.

Last edited:

Hertl

Fun Must Be Sometimes
Nov 15, 2010
is there a reason why Brodie is claiming that the game will be at Levi's? Does the Feb 21 date pose a schedulign conflict for AT&T?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad