News Article: 2015 outdoor game: Sharks "expected" to host game in 14-15 (news update in post #90)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leidi J

Jan 28, 2012
Columbus, Ohio
Really hope this happens. If it does do you think they'd face the Kings or Ducks? Facing the Kings would probably be more entertaining.

I'd rather face the Ducks because even though I hate them as a team more (and heck that'd make for a better game maybe too), I'd rather see them on 24/7 than the Kings. At least they have some young interesting guys like Fowler, Bonino, Lindholm etc. Every single player on the Kings literally seems boring as all **** or supremely douchey and annoying. I'd be so conflicted between wanting to watch our guys and wanting to gouge my eyes out every time diving dustin brown's dopey face showed up.

:p:

Last edited:

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Plus you have McLellan's relationship with Boudreau being friends and former teammates. Plus Darryl Sutter would put audiences to sleep.

Squeeven

Sep 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Don't really care for the actual outdoor game. I just want 24/7.
ATT would be an awesome venue.

I know what you mean. An outdoor game would be awesome but yeah I really would like to see our guys on 24/7. I wanna see how so many of our guys are in the dressing room especially Marleau, Hertl, Burns, Thornton and Niemi...hell I wanna see how everyone is. I'd really like to know how vocal the room gets in between periods, especially TMac.

Squeeven

Sep 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Plus you have McLellan's relationship with Boudreau being friends and former teammates. Plus Darryl Sutter would put audiences to sleep.

Holy crap that is so true its ridiculous. The guy makes the stupid faces during interviews and says the weirdest things and mumbles. Every time I saw his interviews in the playoffs last post season I remember thinking "wtf is wrong with this guy?" Good coach but he's just really weird like that.

Squeeven

Sep 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
I'd rather face the Ducks because even though I hate them as a team more (and heck that'd make for a better game maybe too), I'd rather see them on 24/7 than the Kings. At least they have some young interesting guys like Fowler, Bonino, Lindholm etc. Every single player on the Kings literally seems boring as all **** or supremely douchey and annoying. I'd be so conflicted between wanting to watch our guys and wanting to gouge my eyes out every time diving dustin brown's dopey face showed up.

:p:

Yeah they really don't have anybody that interesting on their team. Quick is really boring to watch in interviews, such a ******. And yeah Dustin Brown is really annoying. You're right, facing the Ducks would make for a more entertaining 24/7 series and just as good a game as against the Kings.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Holy crap that is so true its ridiculous. The guy makes the stupid faces during interviews and says the weirdest things and mumbles. Every time I saw his interviews in the playoffs last post season I remember thinking "wtf is wrong with this guy?" Good coach but he's just really weird like that.

Darryl made those same faces here in San Jose. :laugh:

Leidi J

Jan 28, 2012
Columbus, Ohio
I don't think they would pick us for 24/7. It would be like what Kings/Ducks are doing.

Maybe if we won the cup. But even then, if the Sharks were in the Winter Classic, I doubt they'd be hosting it. It'd be in somewhere colder. It's true, the AT&T/Levi game would likely be part of the 'stadium series.'

Still fun to imagine/speculate...

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Why not play Phoenix or Vancouver. You know teams that haven't played in one before.

Vancouver is playing one in 2014.

Phoenix is trying to get one for 2017 (in conjunction with Super Bowl).

Tampa, Florida? Carolina, Colorado? Dallas, Minnesota? Winnipeg, St Louis?

hockeyball

Nov 10, 2007
Vancouver is playing one in 2014.

Phoenix is trying to get one for 2017 (in conjunction with Super Bowl).

Tampa, Florida? Carolina, Colorado? Dallas, Minnesota? Winnipeg, St Louis?

I'd go Minnesota, though they will likely get their own at some point.

EmergencyExit

Aug 9, 2011
Toronto
If we're talking winter classic (which may be a pipe dream anyway) then maybe Colorado or Minnesota could work as snowy destinations. Though I don't know how marketable either of those matchups are. Wild are too boring you know :sarcasm:.

There is some history with the Avs but in terms of recent memory not all that much. Their team has changed a lot since the 2010 matchup. St. Louis might be my fav suggestion. Past history, current history, precipitation.

Honestly I would just love to see the Sharks on 24/7 more than the actual game. It's a damn shame. I'd prefer an Anaheim or LA matchup but we know that would never be dubbed a Winter classic. I'll take whatever we can get as far as outdoor games go in that case.

WantonAbandon

Oct 16, 2011

The positives would be the audience would find Thornton and Burns entertaining.

The negatives: the audience would be creeped out hearing the Demers called daddy by everyone.

Marleau would probably rarely be on screen

zombie kopitar

custom title
Jul 3, 2009
Best Coast

the one that made it to the main boards was one of the funniest interviews I've ever seen in any media field. it was just ****ing hilarious.

the Ducks would be a better matchup then the Kings. I think the Avs would be a really exciting game...they deserve to host one though.
Blues, Wild, Yotes.....boring

I think the Bruins would be the best honestly; if this even happens I imagine pick a big market team, Pens, Hawks Wings ect. a Canadian team would be hilarious, their fans would get pissed and then it would get hyped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig