2015 OHL Gold Cup

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
The rosters were announced today for the 2015 OHL Gold Cup. You can find the rosters here ->
http://ohlgoldcup.com

The event takes place from May 7th-10th in Kitchener.

The Petes have 9 prospects taking part in this tournament and that seems like quite a bit, I was curious to see how many from other teams will be taking part... Should be a great event!

HamiltonOHL

BulldogsFan00
Jun 30, 2005
Hamilton, Ontario
Petes... Being a new OHL fan how does this work... how are the roster determined... is it like all star players from each of those leagues to make up the rosters?

HamiltonOHL

BulldogsFan00
Jun 30, 2005
Hamilton, Ontario
Hamilton Bulldogs (6):
Mackenzie Entwistle (GTHL Red)
Fedor Gordeev (GTHL Red)
Zachary Jackson (GTHL Blue)
Isaac Nurse (ALLIANCE)
Matthew Strome (GTHL Blue)*
Reilly Webb (GTHL Red)

finally get to read about some of our prospects do in the tournament

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
Petes... Being a new OHL fan how does this work... how are the roster determined... is it like all star players from each of those leagues to make up the rosters?

So the rosters are decided based off of the top players from each respective league the kids played in... GTHL, OMHA, HEO etc.

To be completely honest with you.. I don't know who has the final call on who gets selected and who doesn't.. Thats a good question.

London Knights (10):
Ian Blacker (OMHA White)
Evan Bouchard (OMHA White)*
Jeff Clarke (ALLIANCE)
Liam Dennison (GTHL Red)
Jordan DiCicco (ALLIANCE)
Finn Evans (GTHL Blue)
Jacob Golden (GTHL Red)
Robert Thomas (OMHA White)
Cole Tymkin (HNO)
Max Vinogradov (ALLIANCE)

Last edited:

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
Forgot to post the prospects so for the Petes (9) ->

Zach Gallant
Nicholas Grima
CJ Clarke
Cole Fraser
Simon Boyko
Perth Swick
Nicholas Isaacson
Bryce Misley
Cameron Crotty

Ward Cornell

Dec 22, 2007
Kitchener (8)
F Andrew McIntyre, Kitchener Jr. Rangers, Team Alliance

D Elijah Roberts, Toronto Marlboros, Team GTHL Blue

F Joe Garreffa, Toronto Titans, Team GTHL Blue

F Ryan Kula, Toronto Titans, Team GTHL Red

F Greg Meireles, Ottawa Jr. 67’s, Team HEO

F Nicholas McHugh, Ottawa Jr. 67’s, Team HEO

D Alex Peterson, Thunder Bay Kings, Team HNO

G Luke Richardson, North Central Predators, Team OMHA

Storm99

Oct 8, 2014
Guelph Storm (9):
Nick Deakin-Poot (OMHA White)
Quinn Hanna (OMHA Black)
Jakob Lee (OMHA Black)
Michael Mannara (GTHL Blue)
Anthony Popovich (OMHA Black)
Cedric Ralph (OMHA Black)
Isaac Ratcliffe (ALLIANCE)*
Nate Schnarr (ALLIANCE)
Liam Stevens (OMHA White)

BigBuck

Jan 26, 2012
Kingston Frontenacs (7)

R. Burt #
J. Paquette
J. Brahany
T. Burnie
M. Peccia
C. Vandenhurk
M. Hancock

Konrad

Feb 6, 2014
Toronto
:help:
So the rosters are decided based off of the top players from each respective league the kids played in... GTHL, OMHA, HEO etc.

To be completely honest with you.. I don't know who has the final call on who gets selected and who doesn't.. Thats a good question.

Does anyone have an answer for this?

Team Alliance is showing 1st rounder Jack Studnicka, who is living in Michigan and played for Detroit Belle Tire. I could not find another player with the same name.

14th round pick A. McIntyre (coached by Team Alliance head coach)
Undrafted Z.Bramwell (coached by Team Alliance ass't coach)

9th round picks J.Barraclough and M.Shannon (top forward skater at the combine) not selected.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
I'd guess studnicka just goes Alliance- closest league.

The others I have no idea.

Gotta figure it's a panel of league reps, ohl reps that pick squads? Just a guess.

bcspragu

Aug 17, 2012
Saginaw, MI
From the OHL Gold Cup website: "The players selected, born in 1999, were selected by the teams (Member Partner’s and Hockey Canada Branches) appointed Director of Operations, with support from Darrell Woodley, Director of Central Scouting."

As for Studnicka, no clue. Would have to assume that since he lives in the Windsor area, even though he played in the US, they placed him on Alliance.

BigBuck

Jan 26, 2012
:help:

Does anyone have an answer for this?

Team Alliance is showing 1st rounder Jack Studnicka, who is living in Michigan and played for Detroit Belle Tire. I could not find another player with the same name.

14th round pick A. McIntyre (coached by Team Alliance head coach)
Undrafted Z.Bramwell (coached by Team Alliance ass't coach)

9th round picks J.Barraclough and M.Shannon (top forward skater at the combine) not selected.

Not sure where you are getting the coaches names from Dean Dasilva is listed as head coach with McCallum, Toole and Kenedy as assistants....This is a try out to see who goes to the main U17 camp later this summer.

Leviathan899

Nov 17, 2014
Toronto, ON.
It makes sense to involve Studnicka, being as he was a first round pick and is committed to the league. He also is a former Alliance player being from Tecumseh. His brother used to play for Sun County, and Jack did too as far as I know. He moved to Detroit area because his father accepted a job there. But he really is fully Canadian and is a former Alliance player so I think it's a good think he's going. The more talent the better in my eyes. The Alliance will have a very good team at this event.

Konrad

Feb 6, 2014
Toronto
Not sure where you are getting the coaches names from Dean Dasilva is listed as head coach with McCallum, Toole and Kenedy as assistants....This is a try out to see who goes to the main U17 camp later this summer.

Did not see Studnicka as Canadian in my searches.

Found Coach DaSilvo with the Rangers (McIntyre's team) and Coach Toole with Huskies (Bramwell's team). Looks like coaches are influencing picks is all.

Studnicka is a great add, just a little confusion on my part I guess.

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
Tournament kicks off tomorrow morning at 9am. I'm predicting that Ryan McLeod will lead the tournament in scoring.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad