2015 OHL Gold Cup

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
:help:

Does anyone have an answer for this?

Team Alliance is showing 1st rounder Jack Studnicka, who is living in Michigan and played for Detroit Belle Tire. I could not find another player with the same name.

14th round pick A. McIntyre (coached by Team Alliance head coach)
Undrafted Z.Bramwell (coached by Team Alliance ass't coach)

9th round picks J.Barraclough and M.Shannon (top forward skater at the combine) not selected.

Jack Studnicka, forward ,shoots left ,6' 155 pounds, born 02/28/1999. Hometown...Northville MI. Team Belle Tire/Sun County . This is from the program today.

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
Jack Studnicka, forward ,shoots left ,6' 155 pounds, born 02/28/1999. Hometown...Northville MI. Team Belle Tire/Sun County . This is from the program today.

I believe he will represent Canada at international competition. He moved to the US a few years with his dad but is a dual citizen.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Lot of good hockey players there. Very enjoyable for anyone able to attend. The Rangers picks we were watching played well. Merieles and McHugh looked like real decent prospects going forward. The hockey seems a bit scrambled at times. Hard to get a good read on how skillful a player is in games like these when the players are trying hard to focus on not making mistakes. You can pick out the kids that were drafted. They seem to stand out from the others to a certain extent.

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
Jack Studnicka(4G - Generals), Evan Bouchard(6P - Knights) and CJ Clarke(4G - Petes) certainly had good opening days at the OHL Cup.

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
Those that are able to attend if you could share your thoughts on some standouts so far that would be very appreciated!

rgrsboom

Dec 6, 2014
Sec 7 Row K
Caught parts of HEO and GTHL Blue as well as GTHL Red and Alliance last night.
HEO. Vilardi is a beast with a nose for the net. Meireles plays with a lot of pace. Cameron looked solid and poised for them on D.
GTHL Blue. All their D played real well with some great outlet passes. Thought Phillips and Roberts were the best of a good group. Up front, Neumann was solid as well as Jackson and Garagan. Burns had some flashes. You could see the talent with McLeod and Strome but the puck didn't really bounce for them.
GTHL Red. A solid lineup with 4 picks in the top 7 from the draft. Came out flying but got shut down by a hot Alliance tender in DiPietro. Team Alliance jumped on every opportunity. Studnicka was excellent along with Lane, Willms, Nurse and Suzuki. For Red, Tippett showed some flashes along with Jones and Peca. You can see the talent with Levin and Gallant but they just didn't put it together in the limited time that Imsaw them.
Hope to make it out tomorrow to see some playoff action.

thething

Jul 28, 2014
Caught parts of HEO and GTHL Blue as well as GTHL Red and Alliance last night.
HEO. Vilardi is a beast with a nose for the net. Meireles plays with a lot of pace. Cameron looked solid and poised for them on D.
GTHL Blue. All their D played real well with some great outlet passes. Thought Phillips and Roberts were the best of a good group. Up front, Neumann was solid as well as Jackson and Garagan. Burns had some flashes. You could see the talent with McLeod and Strome but the puck didn't really bounce for them.
GTHL Red. A solid lineup with 4 picks in the top 7 from the draft. Came out flying but got shut down by a hot Alliance tender in DiPietro. Team Alliance jumped on every opportunity. Studnicka was excellent along with Lane, Willms, Nurse and Suzuki. For Red, Tippett showed some flashes along with Jones and Peca. You can see the talent with Levin and Gallant but they just didn't put it together in the limited time that Imsaw them.
Hope to make it out tomorrow to see some playoff action.

Thanks for the update.

This draft class will be interesting to follow for the next few years with no special talent compared to the past few drafts.

This year's crop reminds me of the 09 draft.

Standouts I saw

Evan Bouchard...poised with an OHL caliber shot from the point. Good vision. Knights got a good one.

Matthew Strome looked very strong. Uses his size well, should be a good power forward.

Joseph Garreffa is a little speedster. Don't know if the size will hinder his development or not, but he competes every shift.

Robert Thomas. This kid impresses me a lot. I love that the Knights grabbed this kid in the 2nd round.

Ian Blacker. Didn't do too much that impressed me. Was paired with Bouchard and Bouchard was head and shoulders above him from what I saw. Handles the puck like its a grenade.

Gabe Vilardi looked very very good. Spits fans are gonna love this kid. Needs to distribute the puck a little more, but some deft hands.

Kyle Auger. Another Spits pick...smallish d-man..but skates very very well. Should fit in as a good prospect to be a QB moving forward.

Justin Richer. From the Sudbury Jr Wolves. Undrafted goaltender. Sees the ice very well and squares up to every shot. Folds in nicely with great rebound control. Listed at 5'8" but is more like 5'11 or 6 foot. This kid was the best goaltender I saw in the 4 games I watched. Would like to see him get a shot somewhere.

Karter Renouf. Undrafted..also from Sudbury Jr Wolves. Little shift disturber. I like the kids battle. Good speed..great on the back check. Just stood out to me on an NOHA team with not much talent.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad