Proposal: 2015 Offseason Trade Rumours & Proposals | Part VI | Rejoice, it's Draft Day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iamok

Oct 20, 2010
Apparently only a 1st and 2 2nds for Hamilton? That's really strange then. I got nothing.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Who cares.

Get rid of the rest.

Karlsson
Hamilton
Ceci

down the right side for the next decade????

People are missing the fact that Boston probably deliberately aimed to move Hamilton out west.

They weren't giving a division rival Hamilton for a mid 1st and two late seconds. Ottawa had no chance.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
We traded Lehner and a cap dump for the 21 overall.

Boston traded a legit franchise defenceman/ possible future Norris winner for the 15 and a couple of 2nds.

... You did good today, Murray. You did good.

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
Trade return for Hamilton is only marginally better than what they'd have gotten had they lost him to a reasonable offer sheet. Not a great first impression for Sweeney.

freddy61

Selfie
Jun 6, 2013
Up a tree
It wouldn't surprise me if the next deal for the Sens isn't one of our D.... e.g. Cowen/Wiercioch + 2nd (or the 21st) for a lower 1st and a later round pick.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
People say that Murray has made some bad trades, but look at what Boston is doing.

Seguin trade was bad. Boychuk trade was bad. Connelly trade was meh imo. Now the Hamilton trade.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Trade return for Hamilton is only marginally better than what they'd have gotten had they lost him to a reasonable offer sheet. Not a great first impression for Sweeney.
OS was inbound or it least was rumored to be ,still a pretty low offer

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
Not gonna lie, I would've done 18 + 21 +42 + 48 OA for Hamilton, without even hesitating. Throw in reclaimation project Cowen to try and fill his shoes and we have a cap possibility.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Hamilton is a right shot & with Karlsson playing the right side & taking the majority of the allotted ice time including most of the PP Hamilton would not get as much ice time as he may want including PP time. I think we have to keep that in mind which it is much more likely that if Ottawa does bring in a top 4 defenceman it should be a left shot who plays the left side. That being said though, Methot plays very well with Karlsson & allows Karlsson to free wheel, not every defenceman regardless of how good they are offensively can also be great defensively & protect Karlsson's back. Not every defenceman wants to play second banana to Karlsson, most great defencemen want to run their own show

Having said that, if they look to upgrade the defence, which I doubt they will try to do this off season, then I would think they would upgrade the left side of the 2nd pairing which may mean Wiercioch is out of a job. And yet he played well down the stretch in that spot & played well for Canada & won a world Championship. Cowen really seems to be the odd man out here but so does Gryba if they intend on bringing up Wideman.

Prince & Wideman are both UFAs & will probably be lost to waivers if they don't make the Ottawa roster at training camp, if & when Ottawa tries to send them back to Bingo. Therefore, it would make much more sense if they included the AHL's best defenceman last yr & Bingo's leading scorer along with Cowen in any package to acquire a top 6 forward along with a pick or two. This is why ROR or Lucic makes sense to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad