Proposal: 2015 Offseason Trade Rumours & Proposals | Part VI | Rejoice, it's Draft Day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
Continue!

Some last posts:

One would hope that our management team does a bit more thourough a job analysing goaltender talent that the casual fanbase...

Honestly, this probably has as much to do with spending our cap budget space wisely. Save 1 mil trading Lehner or save 3 mil trading Anderson, and try and unload a bad contract (Greening) while you're at it.

There is little value in paying extra $ for a backup, particularly one that has a losing record.

Add to the mix, if you are right that it is almost always a buyers market, we should be able pick up a suitable replacement fairly cheap when Andy declines... Heck, we got Bishop for a 2nd not too long ago.

3on3 OT next year with Karlsson I guess we'll see less shootouts!!!

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
i think its important to note that murray never said he is getting a top 6 forward (and a pick?) for a goalie

that was more rumours and a reporter asking about an EXPANDED deal

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
i think its important to note that murray never said he is getting a top 6 forward (and a pick?) for a goalie

He also never said which goalie he expects that kind of return from .Then he tweets the return may be less than expected:laugh:i love it

operasen

Apr 27, 2004

Edmonton apparently offered their two 2nds (33 & 57) for Talbot and were turned down. I'd look at that pretty closely for Lehner. Having 33, 42, 48, 57 would give flexibility to move into the 1st, or draft some additional solid talent

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Edmonton apparently offered their two 2nds (33 & 57) for Talbot and were turned down. I'd look at that pretty closely for Lehner. Having 33, 42, 48, 57 would give flexibility to move into the 1st, or draft some additional solid talent

Yeah... in a different draft year, I might not be enthralled with a pair of 2nds for Lehner, but in a good deep draft year like this, and that one of the 2nd rounders is 33rd overall, I like that deal a lot. I'd do it.

Lenny the Lynx

Sep 20, 2008
ON
I have a feeling in a few years, we'll just be complaining about 3 on 3 like we did about the shootout, not that it isn't an improvement.

Its a tough situation for the league - nobody likes the shootout but you need to decide games. The 7 minute version got shot down. The 3on3 is like the lesser of evils.

It will be exciting and resemble actual team hockey, not just a breakaway.
Goals will be hockey goals. Then in a worst case scenario it goes to shootout just to wrap it up, but hopefully thats just <10% of all games.

The Jangle Meister*

based on resent news: deal might be for a defenseman, and could be weaker than expected, im going to keep Daley as a trade option and I hope that happens instead of a 2nd.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown

He didn't trade Bishop "just for the sake of trading".

He traded Bishop because he was going to lose him as a UFA within 2 months of that deal, and needed to either get something for him at the deadline or lose him for nothing and let him walk as a UFA.

Let's be honest about the context here.

UnHappyDude

Fire Dorion
Jan 11, 2011

He traded Bishop because he was going to lose him as a UFA within 2 months of that deal, and needed to either get something for him at the deadline or lose him for nothing and let him walk as a UFA.

Anderson was coming off a huge year. Should have capitalized on that and traded anderson. Sens should have run with a Bishop Lehner tandem. BM has a history of selling low. Like trading lehner after a concussion where he missed a big chunk the year and didnt play well during the rest.

guyzeur

Mar 25, 2009
Ottawa

Don't interfere Bonk, I want to see how far he will go with Bishop and with being condescending towards another member.

Iamok

Oct 20, 2010
There was no chance in hell we could have traded Anderson after that season. Bishop and Lehner were still massive question marks at the time.

Everyone around here also thought Bishop was the odd one out too...

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Anderson was coming off a huge year. Should have capitalized on that and traded anderson. Sens should have run with a Bishop Lehner tandem. BM has a history of selling low. Like trading lehner after a concussion where he missed a big chunk the year and didnt play well during the rest.

Yeah, because that's what good GM's do - trade their best players when they are at their peak.

:shakehead

Don't interfere Bonk, I want to see how far he will go with Bishop and with being condescending towards another member.

Oops, sorry. I'll step to the sidelines.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
maybe i am in the minority but i still rather have anderson over bishop or lehner for the next few seasons

UnHappyDude

Fire Dorion
Jan 11, 2011
Yeah, because that's what good GM's do - trade their best players when they are at their peak.

:shakehead

Just one example. Spezza, michalek, maybe lehner. All sold low. Its not about trading them at thier peak its about antifipating your future needs and erformance of the player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad