Proposal: 2015 Offseason Trade Rumours & Proposals | Part V |Brace Yourselves, Draft is Coming

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhiteLight*

I don'T see the point of getting Backes if we're gonna play him LW.... I'd rather sit Smith and play Backes at C

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
This is from Eklund, so take it with a mountain of salt....

Not a UFA, the Sens are taking calls on Anderson, who may be the perfect fit for the Sharks or Oilers. I am told the price is "through the roof" right now, and it probably should be. The Sharks with Anderson can really change their culture and the Oilers know Anderson could be a stabilizing veteran presence...in a similar way that Luongo was in Florida last year.

Totally reads like Senators trade p0rn.

I've been saying for a long time that Anderson is the perfect guy for Edmonton. The Oilers got a get out of being a ****** franchise for the last 5+ years free card when they won the lottery to get McDavid. They need to capitalize on that by having a season similar to Florida had this year where even if they don't make the playoffs, they are a competitive bubble team who stays in it until the end of the season.

Anderson has a history of carrying crappy defensive teams to respectable records or playoff appearances. 3 years of Anderson gives them time to identify and develop a successor for when Anderson becomes a UFA.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
We dont need C depth. We need winger depth. If Backes can play LW bring his a** here asap.

Play him with Zib too and let him mentor him.

MacArthur-Turris-Ryan
Backes-Zibanejad-Stone

BTW, Yea anderson seems perfect for Oilers. Anderson is like a top 5 goalie when playing for an underdog with bad defense. He thrivesssss so much in that atmosphere. Give him crazy offense too and he'll win you more games than not.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
:facepalm: Eklund

Sure the Senators are taking calls on Anderson. Then hanging up afterwards. I'm sure they take calls on Karlsson too and then have a good laugh and go drink their scotch.

Anderson is not being moved. He's our #1 goalie and the only one we have who's proven he can play the same way year after year.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013

Sure the Senators are taking calls on Anderson. Then hanging up afterwards. I'm sure they take calls on Karlsson too and then have a good laugh and go drink their scotch.

Anderson is not being moved. He's our #1 goalie and the only one we have who's proven he can play the same way year after year.

I thought murray said he'll trade the goalie he gets the best offer for

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
you don't need a reason for an eklund :facepalm:

i don't mind if either Anderson or Lehner is traded. there's good and bad to keeping either of them and i wouldn't mind seeing either situation play out.

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
The more I think about it, the more im kinda okay with using Greening or Legwand as an attachment to a Lehner trade. Maybe that cap space can be used this offseason.

It fits the speculation that there was some interest in Ehrhoff from the Sens. He would complete the d-core.

Methot-Karlsson
Ehrhoff-Ceci

Ehrhoff-Karlsson would be a killer freakin pp unit.

Othello*

Ehrhoff has been having concussion problems so I'll be weary about signing him

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
The more I think about it, the more im kinda okay with using Greening or Legwand as an attachment to a Lehner trade. Maybe that cap space can be used this offseason.

It fits the speculation that there was some interest in Ehrhoff from the Sens. He would complete the d-core.

Methot-Karlsson
Ehrhoff-Ceci

Ehrhoff-Karlsson would be a killer freakin pp unit.

isnt ehrhoff a RD? thats 1 concern the other is term on the contract, max i would give him is 2 years

FunkySeeFunkyDoo

Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa

I believe they will trade Anderson.

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
isnt ehrhoff a RD? thats 1 concern the other is term on the contract, max i would give him is 2 years

Hes a lefty and im pretty sure he plays the left side.

And I dont know if he could get a long term contract with the concussion issues. I havent read of any lingering effects but I'd be okay with a 2 year deal at 4-5 million.

The Jangle Meister*

My attempt at off season trades

Lehner + Legwand for Daley + 4th

Wiercioch + 1st + Michalek + Prince for ROR + pick/AHLer

Chiasson + 2nd (2016)/Gryba for Eriksson (summer or trade deadline)

Zibanejad-ROR-Stone
Macarthur-Turris-Ryan
Hoffman-Pageau-Eriksson
Puempel-Smith-Lazar

Methot-Karlsson
Daley-Ceci
Boro-Cowen

Lenny the Lynx

Sep 20, 2008
ON

I feel the same way. I think Lehner is as good as gone. Trading andy is basically giving up on the short term for this team... or at the very least it's rolling the dice

But I've been wrong before

MyTwoSens

Jun 18, 2015
Ottawa

Zibanejad-ROR-Stone
Macarthur-Turris-Ryan
Hoffman-Pageau-Eriksson
Puempel-Smith-Lazar

Methot-Karlsson
Daley-Ceci
Boro-Cowen

This is best case scenario, and as much as I want this to happen, I feel as though it is too much to happen. But woah, do I ever like that lineup. Ready to contend with this roster. Will have an opportunity to take down anyone in the east.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina

Zibanejad-ROR-Stone
Macarthur-Turris-Ryan
Hoffman-Pageau-Eriksson
Puempel-Smith-Lazar

Methot-Karlsson
Daley-Ceci
Boro-Cowen

Dear God that is unbelievably gorgeous.

Too little for OReilly though. Maybe not.

MyTwoSens

Jun 18, 2015
Ottawa
I know its been thrown around here but I'm hearing a lot of Legwand to the *insert city here* Coyotes to get them to the cap floor. What else do you think it would take to get us a 2nd M. Stone?!

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
I too think Andy will be traded and ehrhoff went to Pitts cause he wanted to go to a contender he won't sign here

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
It is working on their Forum.

They all love Lazar it seems.

Lazar has the potential to be a (smiling) Doug Gilmour. He may never get quite the same point totals, but when he hits his stride, he will drag a team much further into the playoffs then they should go. Just look at his work in junior and the WJC. The kid is a winner. He is one of those glue components that all championship teams have.

Shanny

Let's Win It All
Jun 12, 2009
Bytown
I know its been thrown around here but I'm hearing a lot of Legwand to the *insert city here* Coyotes to get them to the cap floor. What else do you think it would take to get us a 2nd M. Stone?!

If we could get a 5th or 6th rounder for Legwand I'd be more then satisfied......gotta believe either he or Greening will be part of a goalie deal though.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013

alot hes basically playing top pairing minutes and not sucking

Oct 10, 2010
I don't think Anderson gets traded.. They want make the playoffs next year and Andy gives us the best chance to do so in the short-term.

Having said that - The return is going to crap for Lehner (with Legwand or Greening attached to him) so the smart move would be to keep Robin and waive/trade Hammond instead.

In no way shape or form should this team reward another organization with Lehner to take on a contract they don't want in my opinion.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
If we could get a 5th or 6th rounder for Legwand I'd be more then satisfied......gotta believe either he or Greening will be part of a goalie deal though.

i hope its greening thats part of the goalie deal, even if it kills the value of the goalie deal because i do think it would be a lot easier to trade legwand on his own

RedWhiteBlackGold

Veteran User
Feb 22, 2007
Charlottetown, PE
i hope its greening thats part of the goalie deal, even if it kills the value of the goalie deal because i do think it would be a lot easier to trade legwand on his own

Greening has 2 years left on his contract though. If you package him up with a goalie it will decrease the return value. Do you take less now and spend (ufa route or internal), or do you get the best asset now and wait?

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
I don't think Anderson gets traded.. They want make the playoffs next year and Andy gives us the best chance to do so in the short-term.

Having said that - The return is going to crap for Lehner (with Legwand or Greening attached to him) so the smart move would be to keep Robin and waive/trade Hammond instead.

In no way shape or form should this team reward another organization with Lehner to take on a contract they don't want in my opinion.

Signing hammind and then waiving him would be so silly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad