Proposal: 2015 Offseason Trade Rumours & Proposals | Part V |Brace Yourselves, Draft is Coming

Status
Not open for further replies.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Ottawa
Sharp

Chicago
Cowen
Hoffman
18th overall

Ottawa
Kessel
Gardiner

Toronto
Cowen
Lazar
Greening
Legwand
18th overall

Why are we giving a better package for Sharp then Kessel + Gardiner? That makes zero sense. Huge no to the Sharp deal, huge yes to the Leafs deal (maybe not, there's more pressing needs than RW, but the value is in the Sens favour).

Alfie#11

May 7, 2003
Visit site
The only way that makes sense to me is if the bolded means we swap our entire rosters.

Otherwise thats a really bad deal for 2 years of 33 y/o declining production Patrick Sharp.

I agree. Sharp to me is right on the edge of big decline and will suffer without top talent around him.

Honestly would not give up nearly what is needed to get him. Furthermore, I would not want to pay his salary and cap hit. For that kind of money I would hope for a different player.

I also think the Sens first rounder and Hoffman should be considered untouchable unless it's for a true superstar. We need a Sharp-type to bolster guys like Hoffman, not to replace them.

The team should also keep pics because they need to add high quality depth. I would hope our first rounder this year could be a dynamic, if inconsistent, player on say the 3rd line.

Caveat being that I would trade for Sharp if Chicago took Greening as part of the deal.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
Alex Steen should be the target

Rumours are that Backes, Oshie and Berglund are the available names. That's what we're working off - something that could be a fearible deal rather than just pure fantasy proposal.
They're also a bit cheaper than Steen.

WhiteLight*

Rumours are that Backes, Oshie and Berglund are the available names. That's what we're working off - something that could be a fearible deal rather than just pure fantasy proposal.

I'd definitely pay extra for Steen (more than a little) if that'S what it took. He fills Ottawa's needs perfectly. 1st line LW to play with Zibanejad.

WhiteLight*

Hoffman + 18 + Anderson

for

Steen

Steen - Zibanejad - Ryan
MacArthur - Turris - Stone

:bow:

Lenny the Lynx

Sep 20, 2008
ON

Steen is too important to that team. If they are giving up an asset to get Andy its because they want to win now.

Berglund kind of sucks so I bet they try and push him first but hopefully Oshie is in play. Backes I kind of doubt is actually available.

I counter your top 6 with my 4 line team:

Hoffman-Zibanejad-Ryan
MacArthur-Turris-Stone
Michalek-Eakin-Chiasson
Condra-Pageau-Lazar
Neil/Puempel

I'm no expert but that looks like a 5 line team. Or a 4.67 line team more accurately

guyzeur

Mar 25, 2009
Ottawa
Steen is too important to that team. If they are giving up an asset to get Andy its because they want to win now.

Berglund kind of sucks so I bet they try and push him first but hopefully Oshie is in play. Backes I kind of doubt is actually available.

I'm no expert but that looks like a 5 line team. Or a 4.67 line team more accurately

Don't be a smart ass Lenny: last two are subs on a 23 man roster

LOLERSKATES

Mar 12, 2008
I think Daley would be a great fit with the sens. Something around Anderson for Daley plus whatever other pieces it would take from each side.

BigBush*

I think Daley would be a great fit with the sens. Something around Anderson for Daley plus whatever other pieces it would take from each side.

Oh god no.

I like Daley, he'd be a slight upgrade to Weir on the second pairing.

Please don't trade our most proven goalie, in the rare circumstance that we take another step forward in the next 1-2 years and are able to contend.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
if we are putting lazar at C then oshie makes sense, otherwise it doesnt make sense unless the price is dirt cheap

Mac-Turris-Stone (need a nickname for this line)
Hoffman-Zibby-Ryan
Puempel/Prince-Lazar-Oshie
Condra(hopefully)-Pageau-Chiasson/Someone from the minors

that looks pretty good and actually gives us 3 legit scoring lines imo

oshie for one of our young players+2nd could work, or maybe even our first+something small

chiasson+2nd
prince+2nd
smith+1st

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
if we are putting lazar at C then oshie makes sense, otherwise it doesnt make sense unless the price is dirt cheap

Mac-Turris-Stone (need a nickname for this line)
Hoffman-Zibby-Ryan
Puempel/Prince-Lazar-Oshie
Condra(hopefully)-Pageau-Chiasson/Someone from the minors

that looks pretty good and actually gives us 3 legit scoring lines imo

oshie for one of our young players+2nd could work, or maybe even our first+something small

chiasson+2nd
prince+2nd
smith+1st

For a team that wants to win now like St-Louis, how does that make sense for them? They'd need a good Dman if they trade Oshie and we can't offer them that.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
For a team that wants to win now like St-Louis, how does that make sense for them? They'd need a good Dman if they trade Oshie and we can't offer them that.

i was going based off of what the blues fans said they wanted in return for him in the trade forum

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
Haha I don't know if you guys remember me telling you guys a few years ago that I talked to Pierre dorions about the sens prospects...just ran into him and talked to him about our rfas...he was not giving me as much info as before...I guess that comes with his new position.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Daley would be spectacular. I love that guy. He plays the right way.

Anderson for Daley+3rd

Backes for 2016 1st+Chiasson+Wier

Backes-Turris-Stone
Hoffman-Zibanejad-Ryan
MacArthur-Pageau-Condra
Puempel-Smith-Lazar

Methot-Karlsson
Daley-Ceci
Boro-Gryba/Wideman

Lehner/Anderson
Hammond

Wow....