Proposal: 2015 Offseason Trade Rumours & Proposals | Part V |Brace Yourselves, Draft is Coming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Pretty simple to YOU, because you're a pro-Andy/Lehner guy.

I can guarantee that a massive part of the casual fanbase would be irate at Murray if he's let Hammond walk after all of the Hamburglar craze last season.

To a pro-Hammond guy (which I'm sure there are tons of in Ottawa after our stretch run last season), they would probably say "Just trade Lehner. Pretty simple".

One would hope that our management team does a bit more thourough a job analysing goaltender talent that the casual fanbase...

Honestly, this probably has as much to do with spending our cap budget space wisely. Save 1 mil trading Lehner or save 3 mil trading Anderson, and try and unload a bad contract (Greening) while you're at it.

There is little value in paying extra $ for a backup, particularly one that has a losing record.

Add to the mix, if you are right that it is almost always a buyers market, we should be able pick up a suitable replacement fairly cheap when Andy declines... Heck, we got Bishop for a 2nd not too long ago.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
I didn't say he was making moves based on fan reaction.

I'm saying your assessment of what a "pretty simple" decision consists of isn't legion amongst Sens fans. It's simple to YOU, because it is in line with your personal assessment of the team. To another fan, what is "pretty simple" to you is crazy to them. I'm talking about fan perspectives here.

Also - Murray's perspective might not be the same as yours... and in fairness, he has access to a crap-ton more variables than you or I do.

I guess I misunderstood your post.

guyzeur

Mar 25, 2009
Ottawa
I specifically am not really pro Lehner, pro Hammond or pro Anderson. I am pro Ottawa Senators, meaning i want what is best for the team.

I just don't know if trading one of Anderson or Lehner is what is best for the team. Whatever though. Murray makes the decisions and i will keep on watching like i always do, but i will be a little bit worried of going into next season with a Hammond-Lehner tandem.

yea but you're always worrying.

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
If you are keeping Neil and Hammond because the fans like them, then you are letting marketing do your job. I am going to be mad as hell when Hammond ****s the bed this year and we traded away 2 young goalies for beans. Ottawa is a goalie graveyard because management. Remember when Montreal traded Halak over Price even though Halak had a better year? I hope BM and Co. Take that into consideration.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
I love Murray really, but now I read this thread and I'm hungover as **** and need to whine a bit.

Murray at first in the Sun interview said he'd want to sweeten the pot in the goalie trade to get what he wants. After he said a potential top 6 because he'd throw a bad contract in the mix, and now you're saying he told NHL he will lose the trade or something like that.

Jesus come on, the worst is he'll ship out a 23 years old goalie who with 50 starts or more by this age he's in the same stats category than guys like Price Varlamov etc.

Not saying he'll be Price of course but come on Anderson has 3 years left in him as a good goalie and that is if he stays healthy. After that we'll be left with Hammond O'Connor and Hogberg potentially. Jumping to conclusions here but that's terrible asset management. That and the few bad contracts he's given up lately and we're handcuffed, by ourselves ....

I still hold out hope because he made some good trades too but come on man, saying he'll lose the trade. Okay market is full of goalies but if that's the case then waive Hammond ...
Murray never said he is getting a top 6 forward for a goalie. He was ASKED if that is what he is going to do and he said something to the nature that yes he would LIKE to do that but he would probably have to expand the deal

guyzeur

Mar 25, 2009
Ottawa
If you are keeping Neil and Hammond because the fans like them, then you are letting marketing do your job. I am going to be mad as hell when Hammond ****s the bed this year and we traded away 2 young goalies for beans. Ottawa is a goalie graveyard because management. Remember when Montreal traded Halak over Price even though Halak had a better year? I hope BM and Co. Take that into consideration.

Why are you bringing into a goalkeeper discussion?

Nobody wanted Bishop, and teams don't want to pay very much for Lehner. It is what it is.

I hope they don't take into consideration any player but Lehner when they make their decision.

Every player is a different situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad