Proposal: 2015 Offseason Trade Rumours and Proposals | Part IV | 8 days to Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Lehner + Cowen/Wiercioch(?) + Prince + 42
for
Boedker + 29

Can't see Arizona trading a 1rst when they are just rebuilding. I could see Ottawa putting up an offer of Lehner + for Boedker though.

Real Smart Sens Fan

Jun 14, 2014
Can't see Arizona trading a 1rst when they are just rebuilding. I could see Ottawa putting up an offer of Lehner + for Boedker though.

Yeah, its hardly a first though, and they'd still pick like, 4 picks later. Plus Prince should be a player for them for the next 5+ years, and Cowen is still very young as well. I think if the value is right, they would be open to trading the pick.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
apparently edmonton might be stupid enough to trade the 16th overall pick for talbot. I really hope it happens because then we control the goalie market and not to mention that deal would set the standard for goalies this offseason

Come on edmonton

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
apparently edmonton might be stupid enough to trade the 16th overall pick for talbot. I really hope it happens because then we control the goalie market and not to mention that deal would set the standard for goalies this offseason

Come on edmonton

Ouch. Edmonton would be buying kinda high on him. Rangers solid D masks a lot of flaws in net.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
I've got a gut feeling that Kessel will be a Florida Panther by the time the draft is over. Could be before the draft, but Kessel-to-Florida just screams like a Dale Tallon kind of move. I'm going on nothing but my gut, some intuition, and the precedent that Tallon has established for himself in past trades.

Kessel for the 11th overall pick, plus a few extras on either side so that both GM's have an easier time selling the trade to their respective bases. I'm making a bold (albeit probably incorrect) prediction here. I'm more than likely wrong, but it's fun to speculate. This kind of deal might be the domino that gets a whole slew of pre-draft & draft-day trades going.

Busboy

Jul 29, 2011
I've got a gut feeling that Kessel will be a Florida Panther by the time the draft is over. Could be before the draft, but Kessel-to-Florida just screams like a Dale Tallon kind of move. I'm going on nothing but my gut, some intuition, and the precedent that Tallon has established for himself in past trades.

Kessel for the 11th overall pick, plus a few extras on either side so that both GM's have an easier time selling the trade to their respective bases. I'm making a bold (albeit probably incorrect) prediction here. I'm more than likely wrong, but it's fun to speculate. This kind of deal might be the domino that gets a whole slew of pre-draft & draft-day trades going.

I could see it happening. It definitely seems like a Dale tallon trade. I'm sure they'd make Toronto take some salary back too. Maybe Jokinen + 11th.

great1

Nov 13, 2009
Fergus, Ontario

TSN reports that Kessel's NTC would allow him to be traded to one of these eight teams: BOS, CHI, LA, MIN, MTL, NYR, PHI, PIT.

I can't see him waiving for Florida.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
TSN reports that Kessel's NTC would allow him to be traded to one of these eight teams: BOS, CHI, LA, MIN, MTL, NYR, PHI, PIT.

I can't see him waiving for Florida.

Wow, zero of those 8 teams are in a position to trade for him.

Well done, Phil Kessel's agent.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast

It's clear he did his best to not be traded mid-season. He has to submit a new list by June 30th this year.

I think he will accept a trade to a team off that list, but them getting that completed before the draft is not as likely with that list of teams.

He is also owed a signing bonus July 1st, that may also hold things up.

DrakeAndJosh

Intangibles
Jun 19, 2010
Kanata
He must really be in love with Bozak because if I was him I'd be outta there in a heartbeat the way he gets treated.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Kessel is one of those guys who really needs to move to a quiet market. So someplace with a small fanbase like Arizona where he can just do his thing on the ice and disappear off it. Not sure why he would want to even think of going to a big market....he certainly seems to wilt under the microscope, especially when things start to sour.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
Kessel is one of those guys who really needs to move to a quiet market. So someplace with a small fanbase like Arizona where he can just do his thing on the ice and disappear off it. Not sure why he would want to even think of going to a big market....he certainly seems to wilt under the microscope, especially when things start to sour.

No kitten. At first I thought those were the teams he WON'T go to.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011

Montreal for sure. Huge lack of scoring and been rumored to be interested in Kessel. They'd just have to send some salary back(Emelin,Parenteau,Prust,Desharnais,Gilbert etc..) and Montreal definitely has assets to make it happen with all their young guys. Altough they are in the division, I don't think Toronto would mind trading Kessel for the right price since they are not looking to contend any time soon.

And I could see Kessel waiving to go to Florida honestly. No spotlight, nice weather ... He looks kinda tired of adressing the media lol

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

I seem to recall that NTC are no longer valid once a player is traded unless the team opts to honour it (why would they?).

So, my totally hypothetical question is, what is to stop a 3rd team from acting as a broker? ie, Fla moves the pieces Toronto wants for Kessel to Boston, plus an extra pick, then Boston picks up Kessel, and immediately sends him over to Florida.

Basically, it's a standard three way trade, except done in steps to circumvent NTC.

I'm sure every agent would shun the teams involved from then on and it would end up doing more harm than good, but just a thought.

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
I seem to recall that NTC are no longer valid once a player is traded unless the team opts to honour it (why would they?).

So, my totally hypothetical question is, what is to stop a 3rd team from acting as a broker? ie, Fla moves the pieces Toronto wants for Kessel to Boston, plus an extra pick, then Boston picks up Kessel, and immediately sends him over to Florida.

Basically, it's a standard three way trade, except done in steps to circumvent NTC.

I'm sure every agent would shun the teams involved from then on and it would end up doing more harm than good, but just a thought.

I thought that was the rule too a few years ago... But it seems players that are traded seem to keep their NTC.... Though I never heard that they retained the NTC... Over time I began to assume what I heard a few years ago was wrong and they always keep the NTC....

Idk

Wouldn't Kessel have put those teams down before last season? What happened during last season may have changed Kessel's teams for the coming season.

thinkwild

Veni Vidi Toga
Jul 29, 2003
Ottawa
I think what you are referring to is that an NTC is only valid for the time that you are UFA. If an RFA signs a contract with an NTC that takes him through his ufa eligibility date, then the years prior to his UFA age the NTC hasnt kicked in yet. If the team trades him before it ever set in, then it is cancelled as the new team doesnt have to accept it if it hasnt kicked in yet. I think Kessel is already ufa eligible? So a broker would be probably inapplicable here.

The Jangle Meister*

Getting Brett Ritchie and ROR this off season would be pretty big imo

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
I think what you are referring to is that an NTC is only valid for the time that you are UFA. If an RFA signs a contract with an NTC that takes him through his ufa eligibility date, then the years prior to his UFA age the NTC hasnt kicked in yet. If the team trades him before it ever set in, then it is cancelled as the new team doesnt have to accept it if it hasnt kicked in yet. I think Kessel is already ufa eligible? So a broker would be probably inapplicable here.

No that is a different rule that I was aware of. I swear with the CBA they said initially if a player waived their NTC to be traded their NTC was gone after the trade. But it seems that that has not been the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad