Proposal: 2015 Offseason Trade Rumours and Proposals | Part IV | 8 days to Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
If you trade for him and give up actual good pieces ie Hoffman, 1st or lazar you should be prepared to pay him whatever he wants. Cant lose assets like that for nothing

Agreed but at the same time if talks between orielly and Colorado reach a certain point any team can find out or piece together that he isn't resigning. In which case the value drops and we could pick him up for cheaper. It's happened before and there is a chance Colorado might want to avoid a distraction this year especially if they can get a defenceman out of it

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
O'Reilly would be so perfect here man. I'd pay him 6 milli easy. 6.5 too.

Him and Stone would destroy any line. Having the 2 best takeaway artists who work their a** off every shift and play with determination and big body presence means we aint gonna be out of any playoff series.

Hoffman-Zibanejad-Ryan
O'Reilly-Turris-Stone
MacArthur-Eakins-Chiasson
Puempel-Pageau-Condra

I love Lazar but id think hard about sending him back for O'Reilly. Lazar+2016 1st+Wier or something. That's a prime-time package.
Anderson/Lehner for Eakins

Look at that sexiness. Oh my God just look at it.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
I don't think O'Reilly gets less than Ryan. Probably 7-7.5 per. I think 8 is pushing it but if he ends up in Toronto who knows lol

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
In no world is O'Reilly worth 8 and Im sure we can lock him up for 6.75 or 6.5 the guy isnt worth that much, Ryan netted 7.25 and he did that off backs of 4 straight 30 goal seasons and can be a gamebreaker. O'Reilly isn't that type of player. He's like Bergeron but a bit less proven and thus should be payed around same ballpark since cap is higher than when Bergeron signed his.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
I don't think O'Reilly gets less than Ryan. Probably 7-7.5 per. I think 8 is pushing it but if he ends up in Toronto who knows lol

Depends on if there is a specific team he wants to go to, or if he is willing to sign anywhere.

7.5 is pretty much the starting bid for a first line C on the open market.

Stastny got 7 while apparently taking a discount. Spezza got 7.5 from Dallas.

Bolland of all people got 5.5...............

I think Colorado extends him for 7M within the next few weeks and all the time and energy put into ROR proposals and fantasies end up being for nothing....I can't imagine them being stupid enough to let O'Reilly go.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
In no world is O'Reilly worth 8 and Im sure we can lock him up for 6.75 or 6.5 the guy isnt worth that much, Ryan netted 7.25 and he did that off backs of 4 straight 30 goal seasons and can be a gamebreaker. O'Reilly isn't that type of player. He's like Bergeron but a bit less proven and thus should be payed around same ballpark since cap is higher than when Bergeron signed his.

Hypothetically if O'Reilly hits the open market he is easily worth 8. One thing to remember, he'll only be 25.5 years old when he hits free agency. Trading for him might change the context, but if we're just talking about signing him as a UFA, how often do you get a chance to get a great 1st line two way centre at that age for "free"?

An older Spezza got 7.5. They are different, but at this point, O'Reilly is a better player.

With the changes to the CBA that prevented front loaded contracts a few years back, 8 is the new 6 when it comes to cap hits.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011

IMO he gets 7.5 being a C and can play any position on the lineup. Plays PP and PK and won the Lady Bing and is league leader in takeaways at only 23/24 years old. In the past 2 seasons he's had better point production than Ryan who just signed his new deal recently. No way he gets less than 7 and probably not lower than 7.5..

Wishing to sign him at 6.5 is a pipe dream.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
It kinda makes me sick to pay a forward over 7 mil when its likely they dont score 20 goals consistently. I think last season was a mirage at least in that regard. Cant see him scoring 28 again.

Even in junior he struggled to get 20 goals

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Bloody hell. ROR is a media and advanced stat darling, but he isn't that freaking good. I'd prefer Stone over ROR any day.

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
This is what will happen this summer like every other summer. We will buy out a player (Greening) we will draft a kid that should have went higher. Murray will sign an aging vet to a 2-3 year contract. We will release or not re-sign a college kid.

edguy

Feb 5, 2014
Charlottetown, PEI
This is what will happen this summer like every other summer. We will buy out a player (Greening)we will draft a kid that should have went higher. Murray will sign an aging vet to a 2-3 year contract. We will release or not re-sign a college kid.

Soo Draft Konecny

Sign Ehroff to a 3 year deal

Not sign wideman..

Seems legit actually

The Jangle Meister*

for ROR on a long term contract I cant see the AAV being more than 7 mil.
Just seems like he wants out for whatever reason, but I agree if we are moving good assets like 1st round picks we better be prepared to resign him.

WhiteLight*

This is what will happen this summer like every other summer. We will buy out a player (Greening) we will draft a kid that should have went higher. Murray will sign an aging vet to a 2-3 year contract. We will release or not re-sign a college kid.

Soo Draft Konecny

Sign Ehroff to a 3 year deal

Not sign wideman..

Seems legit actually

I could see it. On the other hand, it's not good to do the same thing over and over again

guyzeur

Mar 25, 2009
Ottawa

Him and Stone would destroy any line. Having the 2 best takeaway artists who work their a** off every shift and play with determination and big body presence means we aint gonna be out of any playoff series.

Hoffman-Zibanejad-Ryan
O'Reilly-Turris-Stone
Puempel-Pageau-Condra

I love Lazar but id think hard about sending him back for O'Reilly. Lazar+2016 1st+Wier or something. That's a prime-time package.

Sexiness would include Tavares instead of Turris to have the top 3 TKAs.

TKA total/TKA Per Game/TKA Per 60 Min
O'Reilly - 98/1.20 /3.64
Stone - 98/1.23 /4.32
Tavares - 94/1.15/3.33

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Holy wow come on man. Oreilly is not worth more than 6.5
We're not getting him and we don't need him. Forget the guy

scheps

May 28, 2015
Going to buffalo
Lehner
Going to ottawa
William carrier and the 21st pick

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
ROR is not worth 6.5 mill.....jeez

He isn't even a true number 1 center imo

BigBush*

Hope we make a trade with ARZ for Boedker. Something involving Lehner and Cowen maybe

DrakeAndJosh

Intangibles
Jun 19, 2010
Kanata

Hoffman-Zibanejad-Ryan
O'Reilly-Turris-Stone
Puempel-Pageau-Condra

That's one smart, hardworking, and talented lineup. Could cause some serious damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad