Proposal: 2015 Offseason Trade Rumours and Proposals | Part II "Andy vs Lehner" Sens Civil War

Status
Not open for further replies.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
2nd and Purcell.

I feel like Purcell might be a sen too

Something like Purcell+2nd for Lehner+Greening/Legwand

Ryan
Stone
Purcell
Chiasson

I probably wont like Purcell in ottawa

You guys are a thousand percent crazy, we are NOT trading for Teddy ****ing Purcell.

The Oilers only took him because it got them out of Sam Gagner's contract, which the Lightning then had to retain money on immediately afterwards in order to get rid of it themselves.

Purcell has negative-negative value. He is not going to be anywhere close to these negotiations. We would WAIVE Lehner before taking back Purcell's awful contract. Stop. Stop it with the Purcell stuff. It's not happening.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
Zibanejad + Puempel + 2016 1st for Nash you know for damn sure its a possibility with Murray.

Hell no, that's way too much for Nash considering the amount of coin he makes.

Puempel + 1st + Prince or something, sure, but ZBad + those two pieces is too much.

We could do a smorgasbord of lower priced players for the Rangers though - like Smith for example and Gryba as a 2nd example to help them :)

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Pogge and Raycroft?

I feel like saying Pavlec even though hes still here

Smith maybe..

ramo maybe but hes back

kudobin and svenberg

lindback and ellis?

neuvirth
Peters?
montoya?
Dipietro?
Hackett

Blaine Lacher
Mike Dunham
Ray Martyniuk
Terry Richardson
Riku Helenius
Patrick Desrochers
Brian Finley
Al Montoya
Trevor Kidd
Corey Hirsch
Eric Fichaud
Mark Denis
Mikka Noronen
Kevin Weekes
Marek Schwarz
Hannu Toivonen
Jamie Storr
Maxime Ouellet
Dan Cloutier
Alex Auld
Jim Waite
Brent Krahn
Robb Stauber
Andrei Treiflov
Craig Hillier
Dan Blackburn (injuries, though)
Byron Dafoe
Roman Turek
Mathieu Chouinard
Ari Ahonen
J.F. Damphousse
Jason Muzzatti
Evgeni Ryabchikov
Jason Bacashihua
... and on, and on, and on...

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Emery? Is he a good recent example for the sens?

Hell even elliott was pretty good despite his draft status

Othello*

LOL Purcell?!?!?! If Murray trades our goalie for Purcell that'll be worse than the Bishop trade

Othello*

EXACTLY. THANK YOU. Seriously, what do people not get? Young goalies struggle all the time, the ones that are worth keeping are those who've already accomplished great things when they were young and can rebound best from those mistakes. Lehner falls in that category.[/QOUTE

Get's to be undisputed number 1 C. A team with excellent depth(if we also considering him) and wingers for him to play with and the most important of them all.... Erik Karlsson.
Also had to deal with Phillips and Cowen in the top 4, as well as MacLeans system

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Pogge and Raycroft?

I feel like saying Pavlec even though hes still here

Smith maybe..

ramo maybe but hes back

kudobin and svenberg

lindback and ellis?

neuvirth
Peters?
montoya?
Dipietro?
Hackett

I said has shown promise in NHL, young and top goalie prospect.

That removes Pogge, Ramo, Pavelec, Smith, Khudobin, Svenberg, Lindberg(maybe but he never came close to top young goalie accomplishments), Montoya.

Dipetro and Raycroft only ones that apply. Dipetro played for brutal NYI team and injuries did him in while Raycroft only had 1 good season on a top Bruins team in the league.

Again, list is small or non-existent.

Please meet the criterias.

I am talking about a young coveted goalie who has a great resume pre and post draft and has shown flashes of promise in NHL then fizzled out completely.

Find me that. Most of the guys you mentioned were late round picks or never played in NHL or played terribly for 2-3 years or took a long time to make NHL.

Bonk's list contains same thing for example Helenius never showed promise in NHL. Irving too which yall forgot.

Toivonen probably only guy that fits all criterias and can be used as an argument against Lehner. Very similar but his best NHL stats were close to Lehner's average stats/season.

Six Assets

Tim Stützle
Jun 29, 2013
Ottawa
Is it really necessary to trade a goalie before the season? Why can't we just give them all a chance and let the 2 best ones claim a spot?

Othello*

Blaine Lacher
Mike Dunham
Ray Martyniuk
Terry Richardson
Riku Helenius
Patrick Desrochers
Brian Finley
Al Montoya
Trevor Kidd
Corey Hirsch
Eric Fichaud
Mark Denis
Mikka Noronen
Kevin Weekes
Marek Schwarz
Hannu Toivonen
Jamie Storr
Maxime Ouellet
Dan Cloutier
Alex Auld
Jim Waite
Brent Krahn
Robb Stauber
Andrei Treiflov
Craig Hillier
Dan Blackburn (injuries, though)
Byron Dafoe
Roman Turek
Mathieu Chouinard
Ari Ahonen
J.F. Damphousse
Jason Muzzatti
Evgeni Ryabchikov
Jason Bacashihua
... and on, and on, and on...

Most of those goalies aren't comparable to Lehner at the same age.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013

That removes Pogge, Ramo, Pavelec, Smith, Khudobin, Svenberg, Lindberg(maybe but he never came close to top young goalie accomplishments), Montoya.

Dipetro and Raycroft only ones that apply. Dipetro played for brutal NYI team and injuries did him in while Raycroft only had 1 good season on a top Bruins team in the league.

I am talking about a young coveted goalie who has a great resume pre and post draft and has shown flashes of promise in NHL then fizzled out completely.

Find me that. Most of the guys you mentioned were late round picks or never played in NHL or played terribly for 2-3 years or took a long time to make NHL.

Montoya, Svenberg, Kudobin, Pavelec, Lindback and Smith all showed promise when they were younger

Montoya .921 at 26 in the NHL through 21 games
Svenberg has a good save percentage at 24/25 and he is going back to europe i believe
Kudobin was good when he was young looks like hes fizzled out and is going to europe
Pavelec had a good year before when he was young. Most people seem to think hes terrible
Lindback good then terrible
Smith good then terrible

I guess i remember Ramo and Pogge wrong

Last edited:

Othello*

Montoya, Svenberg, Kudobin, Pavelec, Lindback and Smith all showed promise when they were younger

Montoya .921 at 26 in the NHL through 21 games
Svenberg has a good save percentage at 24/25 and he is going back to europe i believe
Kudobin was good when he was young looks like hes fizzled out and is going to europe
Pavelec had a good year before when he was young. Most people seem to think hes terrible
Lindback good then terrible
Smith good then terrible

I guess i remember Ramo and Pogge wrong
Montoya was 26 while Lehner is 23,Ramo never played good until recently

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown

Bonk's list contains same thing for example Helenius never showed promise in NHL. Irving too which yall forgot.

Toivonen probably only guy that fits all criterias and can be used as an argument against Lehner. Very similar but his best NHL stats were close to Lehner's average stats/season.

Blaine Lacher
Mike Dunham
Brian Finley
Trevor Kidd
Marc Denis
Mika Noronen
Kevin Weekes
Hannu Toivonen
Jamie Storr
Dan Cloutier
Alex Auld
Jimmy Waite
Roman Turek

Othello*

Blaine Lacher
Mike Dunham
Brian Finley
Al Montoya
Trevor Kidd
Marc Denis
Mika Noronen
Kevin Weekes
Hannu Toivonen
Jamie Storr
Dan Cloutier
Alex Auld
Jimmy Waite
Roman Turek

Lacher had a .903 at 24 his best season. Montoya had his good season at 26 while Lehner is 23

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Montoya, Ramo, Svenberg, Kudobin, Pavelec, Lindberg and Smith all showed promise when they were younger

Im asking for shown promise IN NHL as well while being a young top goalie.

Montoya played a total of 25 NHL games 6 years after he was drafted, but he's not that far of a reach but never showed ability of Lehner who has almost quadruple the sample size in same time.

Ramo was 6th round pick and had lower than .900 first 3 season appearances in NHL. Not even close.

Khudobin was 7th round pick and made NHL appearance almost 6 years later but still looking good.

Pavelec was/is alright but never showed dominance of Lehner at young age.

Smith was 5th rounder, never really showed promise like Lehner already has in his first stints in NHL. Still turned out ok until recently.

Lehner is farrrrrrrrrrr more comparable to the guys UnfinishedSpezza posted than any of these guys who were never really top NHL goalie prospects or never really showed top level promise in NHL or anywhere else the way Lehner has.

Othello*

Okay then Montoya was 25 and lehner is 23

Montoya turned 26 in feb and Lehner turns 24 in june or july

Doesn't matter lmao you guys are comparing Lehner to these scrubs that played like 30 games in the NHL. Also Khudobin played at 27

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Blaine Lacher
Mike Dunham
Brian Finley
Trevor Kidd
Marc Denis
Mika Noronen
Kevin Weekes
Hannu Toivonen
Jamie Storr
Dan Cloutier
Alex Auld
Jimmy Waite
Roman Turek

D....d... did you just post an unsigned goalie from the early 90's who made his first appearance in NHL at 24 and still only had .904 sv% in low scoring era? That's your idea of comparable to Lehner? Lord Almighty. That's more like O'Connor...................

Alright, this is gettin out of hand, seriously, just look at the requirements I set out or heck, look at where Lehner was drafted, his post draft accomplishments, his NHL potential and ability he has shown already and who ended up playing similar like him, struggled then fizzled COMPLETELY.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Im asking for shown promise IN NHL as well while being a young top goalie.

Montoya played a total of 25 NHL games 6 years after he was drafted, but he's not that far of a reach but never showed ability of Lehner who has almost quadruple the sample size in same time.

Ramo was 6th round pick and had lower than .900 first 3 season appearances in NHL. Not even close.

Khudobin was 7th round pick and made NHL appearance almost 6 years later but still looking good.

Pavelec was/is alright but never showed dominance of Lehner at young age.

Smith was 5th rounder, never really showed promise like Lehner already has in his first stints in NHL. Still turned out ok until recently.

Lehner is farrrrrrrrrrr more comparable to the guys UnfinishedSpezza posted than any of these guys who were never really top NHL goalie prospects or never really showed top level promise in NHL or anywhere else the way Lehner has.

I think you are being selective in what you choose.

Pavelec had a .914 save percentage as a starter on this team http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/leagues/seasons/teams/0017902011.html

Smith was highly regarded. Not sure why but people thought he was good or going to be good.

Kudobin just had a 900 save percentage on a defense first team. I believe he is going to the KHL. He is not still looking good.

If people want to use Price and varlamov i think its fine to use Emery and pavelec

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Lacher had a .903 at 24 his best season.

You have to understand the context.

This was 1995, league dynamics were way different back then for goalies... this is pre-Devils trap era we're talking about here. His 2.41gaa was top-10 that year, and that .903 was 15th for goalies who had played 20+ games, and he went on a crazy run at the end of the season and lost only one game down the stretch and almost single-handedly played the Bruins into the playoffs that year.

There was TONS of hype on Lacher as one of the next big goalies, because his great rookie season had followed an insanely good NCAA career. He had pedigree, and he followed it up with NHL success immediately.

... and then we all found out he actually hated hockey, and he just quit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad