Proposal: 2015 Offseason Trade Rumours and Proposals | Part II "Andy vs Lehner" Sens Civil War

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigBush*

I wouldn't mind holding onto Legwand for the season. I think hell be better this year then last year.

I'd trade Smith for a pick. I don't see him being in the future plans really.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
Lehner + 18th for Yakupov?

I read that the Oilers are the frontrunners for Lehner, and that Murray wants a top 6 forward for Lehner.

Lehner + Cowen + 18th for Eberle is something I'd also do

You'd think a deal for Yakupov would involve Lehner and Chiasson.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
I feel like Purcell might be a sen too

Something like Purcell+2nd for Lehner+Greening/Legwand

Ryan
Stone
Purcell
Chiasson

I probably wont like Purcell in ottawa

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I feel like Purcell might be a sen too

Something like Purcell+2nd for Lehner+Greening/Legwand

Ryan
Stone
Purcell
Chiasson

*Vomits*

I hate Purcell and don't want him.

I would rather have Condra over him.

In fact, if the Sens did resign Condra, i doubt Purcell even cracks the lineup.

That trade would just be version 2 of the Bishop trade. The only difference is we get a 2nd instead of a 4th. Purcell will most likely be as useless as Conacher was.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
*Vomits*

I hate Purcell and don't want him.

I would rather have Condra over him.

In fact, if the Sens did resign Condra, i doubt Purcell even cracks the lineup.

That trade would just be version 2 of the Bishop trade. The only difference is we get a 2nd instead of a 4th. Purcell will most likely be as useless as Conacher was.

Probably but Purcell checks some of murray's boxes

Top 6 forward who once upon a time scored 60 points
Big
middle aged

BigBush*

Purcell is brutal. It could be his last year in the NHL. Really don't want him in Ottawa, hes a worse Michalek

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Probably but Purcell checks some of murray's boxes

Top 6 forward who once upon a time scored 60 points
Big
middle aged

Was he playing with Stamkos when he hit 60 points?

If the answer is yes, then stay the **** away from him.
If the answer is no, then still stay the **** away from him.

I also want to add that he is a ufa after next season. So again, just say no to Purcell.

BigBush*

What line was he on when he scored 60 points? Was he playing with Stamkos at the time?

Lol exactly. If I'm not mistaken he lost his job on that line with Stamkos to Conacher

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Was he playing with Stamkos when he hit 60 points?

If the answer is no, then still stay the **** away from him.

I also want to add that he is a ufa after next season. So again, just say no to Purcell.

Believe it was him and stammer. lol but Stamkos doesnt boost point totals :sarcasm:

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Believe it was him and stammer. lol but Stamkos doesnt boost point totals :sarcasm:

If the option for Lehner was either a 2015 2nd and a 2015 3 or a 2015 2nd and Purcell, i would rather have the draft picks.

The draft picks would have a higher chance of being useful than Purcell.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
If the option for Lehner was either a 2015 2nd and a 2015 3 or a 2015 2nd and Purcell, i would rather have the draft picks.

The draft picks would have a higher chance of being useful than Purcell.

and i would of rather of got just about any player over chiasson that wasnt over 30 but murray works in mysterious ways

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Give Lehner time, he's only 23. Look at some goalies who where traded of at a young age struggled

Bobrovsky: Age 23 save % .899
Varlamov:Age 24 save % .903
Mason: Age 23 save % .894
Price:Age 25 save % .905

EXACTLY. THANK YOU. Seriously, what do people not get? Young goalies struggle all the time, the ones that are worth keeping are those who've already accomplished great things when they were young and can rebound best from those mistakes. Lehner falls in that category.

If he's on unhappy in Pittsburgh, why would he want to come to the Sens?

Get's to be undisputed number 1 C. A team with excellent depth(if we also considering him) and wingers for him to play with and the most important of them all.... Erik Karlsson.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
EXACTLY. THANK YOU. Seriously, what do people not get? Young goalies struggle all the time, the ones that are worth keeping are those who've already accomplished great things when they were young and can rebound best from those mistakes. Lehner falls in that category.

Get's to be undisputed number 1 C. A team with excellent depth(if we also considering him) and wingers for him to play with and the most important of them all.... Erik Karlsson.

I wonder if a list could be made of young goalies who fizzled out never to be seen again.

I wonder if that list would be longer.

I wonder if it would show that Lehner is statistically more likely to never be a star than otherwise.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
People don't usually trade 1st round picks (in a deep draft no less) for spare parts. Actually, people don't usually trade much of anything for spare parts.

one of our seconds+spare part could probably get us a mid to late first, especially if we use dallas's second

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
I wonder if a list could be made of young goalies who fizzled out never to be seen again.

I wonder if that list would be longer.

I wonder if it would show that Lehner is statistically more likely to never be a star than otherwise.

Stop wondering and get digging, lmfao.

Only one I can think of is Leclaire but injuries did him in. Remember, we're talking about top young goalies who have shown promise in NHL but then fizzled completely.

Dubnyk woulda been one but.. not anymore. And Bernier.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Stop wondering and get digging, lmfao.

Only one I can think of is Leclaire but injuries did him in. Remember, we're talking about top young goalies who have shown promise in NHL but then fizzled completely.

Dubnyk woulda been one but.. not anymore. And Bernier.

Pogge and Raycroft?

I feel like saying Pavlec even though hes still here

Smith maybe..

ramo maybe but hes back

kudobin and svenberg

lindback and ellis?

neuvirth
Peters?
montoya?
Dipietro?
Hackett

Last edited: