Salary Cap: 2015 offseason roster-building III | FA charts in Post #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

zero8771

Jun 15, 2012
CFYj8u_WAAA_lVh.jpg

It would cost us a 1st and a 3rd, we would go into the 2016 draft with no pick until the 4th round. I would love Saad but this goes against what everyone thinks we should do, build from within.

Not this year, I was under the impression that it would cost us 2016 picks since these offer sheets likely don't happen until July 1st.

I'd happily pay a 1st and 3rd for a top line winger like saad for 5 years. If we had him we'd have way fewer holes to fill over the next 4-5 years. Especially if all the young D pan out. We will need to keep a pipeline of em but wouldn't need many "impact" guys. But they can only do that for so long.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
I'd happily pay a 1st and 3rd for a top line winger like saad for 5 years. If we had him we'd have way fewer holes to fill over the next 4-5 years. Especially if all the young D pan out. We will need to keep a pipeline of em but wouldn't need many "impact" guys. But they can only do that for so long.

No way does Chicago not match $5mil...

T1K

Jul 23, 2013
Pittsburgh
Although, if we want to trade for Sharp/Bickell, we can't offer sheet Saad. Chicago obviously wouldn't trade us either of those guys if we went for Saad.

Houston Penguin

Texas Pen
Mar 17, 2007
LA & GA to TX
Acquire Reilly Smith with a young defender (Dumoulin), sign Stewart or Stafford.
Then, look at a top 4 defender or move Sutter for this spot
Let Harrington takes Dumoulin's spot
Re-sign Comeau
Keep Bennett
Give Sundqvist a chance to mail 3rd or 4th center
Jettison Scuderi
Move Jarry and/or Kunitz for another piece if needed
Sign Plotnikov

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Acquire Reilly Smith with a young defender (Dumoulin), sign Stewart or Stafford.
Re-sign Comeau
Keep Bennett
Jettison Scuderi
Sign Plotnikov

Yeah I'm sure Boston is eager to trade us Smith for Dumo.

Shwag33

May 27, 2008
Re-sign Comeau
Keep Bennett
Jettison Scuderi
Sign Plotnikov

Stewart is really bad. 3 months into the season you'd be *****ing to fire JR cause it would be such a bad signing.

I once liked stewart, but he may not be in the nhl soon.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
That's great and all, but we'd have no 3/4 lines or defense lol..which was my point.

We don't have a 2nd pairing anyway, and I'm not nearly as concerned about the bottom six as I am about the prospect of having Sid and Geno carrying an anchor on each of their lines for an entire season/playoffs again.

One problem at a time. The winger problem's been an issue for a decade--time to fix that one first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad