Speculation: 2015 NJDevils offseason game plan

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
I can't think of a case where sending a player back to Junior has ever really harmed them. Hopefully Zacha stays healthy and dominates in the CHL this upcoming season. Then you see where he is next year at this time.

Devil X

Call me Nostradamus
Jul 9, 2007
Bergen County
Zacha would have to force his way in. Then make the Devils keep him.

If the kid comes in and shows he can hang i dont have any issue with him playing in the NHL next season.

Odds are much higher that he shows his weakness and gets sent back.

blink

Mar 6, 2002
Ontario
Exactly. In 2009, the words used to describe Ilya Kovalchuk by all members of the hockey world were this: selfish, lazy, bad work ethic, only offense, etc.

DID WE SEE ANY OF THAT IN NEW JERSEY???? no. He was fully committed to be part of our team just like every other player on the roster. Kovalchuk was our best player, my favorite player, and god i miss him to death.

Kessel's problems are blown way out of proportion. The guy is a pure goal scorer that the NJDevils desperately need.

Just wondering how many Leafs games you have seen? I live in the Toronto area and Kessel is one of the laziest hockey players I've ever seen. Even his offseason workout regime (if you can even call it that) is lazy.

There is a reason why Boston wanted to get rid of him early in his career and why the Leafs are trying to move him now. It isn't because he has a great work ethic.

blink

Mar 6, 2002
Ontario
We should be looking for players that we can build our future team around. Kessel and ROR aren't players you build around. They are complimentary pieces to teams in need of that little something to get them closer to the playoffs (or the Cup).

Actually ROR is a guy you build around.

Moot point now but I bet he's Buffalo's captain this season. He is worth every penny for his new contract he will get from the Sabres.

britdevil

Tea with milk...
Feb 15, 2007
UK
Love everything Shero is doing.

Zacha has potential to be a franchise forward in my eyes. Adding Palmieri for basically free, is also a fantastic move.

Depending who we come out with today, forward depth is already looking so much better.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Just wondering how many Leafs games you have seen? I live in the Toronto area and Kessel is one of the laziest hockey players I've ever seen. Even his offseason workout regime (if you can even call it that) is lazy.

There is a reason why Boston wanted to get rid of him early in his career and why the Leafs are trying to move him now. It isn't because he has a great work ethic.

He looks like a doughboy too, that's why it's an easy criticism that Kessel doesn't work hard. The Russian for his other faults did at least keep himself in prime physical shape.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA

thank you for this

seriously.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Well he had kind of a crappy year and Car needs Dmen. What in your opinion would it take?

CAR just took Hanifin and just traded for Wisniewski. they also have Faulk and Murphy

to get Staal, it'd take our 1st next year and a good prospect. look what they paid for him 2 years ago to get him.

LeedsMonster

Mar 8, 2008
CAR just took Hanifin and just traded for Wisniewski. they also have Faulk and Murphy

to get Staal, it'd take our 1st next year and a good prospect. look what they paid for him 2 years ago to get him.

Ok. Bad idea lol

Edit: Didnt see the Wis trade either

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2011
New Jersey
We need forwards next season, Shero trades for a young right wing out of nowhere, yet some are upset we passed on...what forward exactly did we pass on that was going to solve our forward issues? I'm a little confused. Was Kessel available in the second round?

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
We need forwards next season, Shero trades for a young right wing out of nowhere, yet some are upset we passed on...what forward exactly did we pass on that was going to solve our forward issues? I'm a little confused. Was Kessel available in the second round?

who in the hell is upset that we traded a 2nd for Palmieri?

literally haven't seen one person against it....

GhostofKenKlee

I haven't anyone upset about the trade, the goalie pick was a bingo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad