2015 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs General Discussion Thread

Hutz

Sep 7, 2007
Is anyone else worries about the amount of days we have off before the playoffs start?

I'm just having flashbacks to our Cup run back in 2007. Do you guys remember how we basically ripped through the East and finished 3 playoff series in 15 games? I just remember us having to wait a while for the Anaheim/Detroit series to finish and it seemed to affect our mojo a little bit. The first couple of games they struggled to get the kinks out of their legs and by the time they got warmed up again it was too late.

We're on such a huge rush right now that I hope a long break doesn't dull it a little bit that's all

I understand the concern, but whoever we play will have exactly the same days off this time.

Hutz

Sep 7, 2007
I'm gonna put this here because nobody else has yet. I remember this vividly and I feel about the same now as I did then... unreal... This time I guess it's Pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pageau!!!! Or St-st-st-st-stone (doesn't have the same ring, though)

Last edited:

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Do senator players use smelling salts? Don't remember seeing that.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Is anyone else worries about the amount of days we have off before the playoffs start?

I'm just having flashbacks to our Cup run back in 2007. Do you guys remember how we basically ripped through the East and finished 3 playoff series in 15 games? I just remember us having to wait a while for the Anaheim/Detroit series to finish and it seemed to affect our mojo a little bit. The first couple of games they struggled to get the kinks out of their legs and by the time they got warmed up again it was too late.

We're on such a huge rush right now that I hope a long break doesn't dull it a little bit that's all

Every team is going to have a couple of days to rest though. So it really shouldn't be a problem.

orkid

Jun 25, 2014
So when Michalek comes back who comes out and where does he slot in? I'd be fine with one of Legwand/Smith/Chiasson coming out. Milo probably deserves better than 4th line duties but I'm not sure I want to mess with any of the other lines right now.

CHwest

Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling.
May 24, 2011
Congrats to the Sen's and their fans. Must have been quite the ride!

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
When was the last time the Sens missed the playoffs 2 years in a row? It seems like it has been a while.

I am also very glad that Murray gets to watch his team play in the playoffs at least 1 more time.

Jasper

Mar 16, 2002
I don't think the layoff should be anything but good, they've been pretty much been playing must-win games for two months, they've got to be a tired bunch.

albator71

Jan 12, 2010
CANADA
Me I'm just glad that we made the playoffs, now i just want to enjoy playoffs hockey, if we can cause an upset in the first round it would be even better but even if we lose in the first round i wont be mad coz the future looks so bright for this Sens.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
The moment you clinch feels so ****ing good. I wish i can rewind the day to that exact moment and feel it all over again.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
wow is Mark Stone ever ridiculous? The way he made Voracek look silly on that 3rd goal

If he doesn't win the Calder = big lol NHL

Anyway, congrats Sens. What a product, thank you Murray you can be proud of what you achieved

We should have a "win one for Murray or something"

Yeah. He looked fine, i agree. Not 7.5 mil fine, he's fighting the puck, but he made some good plays. He definitely has another level, not sure what's up, but no reason to pile on.

Im definitely glad someone's using one of the greatest moments in team history to bash one of its top players.

Keep on trollin' i guess

Except that he earns 5.1 this season. This situation somehow reminds me of Greening, who was criticized last year for a salary he wasn't even earning yet...

agent2421

Feb 3, 2008
Ottawa
So when Michalek comes back who comes out and where does he slot in? I'd be fine with one of Legwand/Smith/Chiasson coming out. Milo probably deserves better than 4th line duties but I'm not sure I want to mess with any of the other lines right now.

Definitely Michalek goes in and Smith goes out. Legwand has been good for veteran leadership to our team and he's been productive at least. Chiasson has been struggling and I'd be okay with him being out as well but I think the clear cut call is Smith.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad