2015 NHL Offseason Thread II (current news, expansion, trade rumors, free agency)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
That Jim Stark guy has been melting down on Twitter all day long because people are busting his balls for being a fraud, same with that Manayunk Mike guy. :laugh:

They teamed up with that AHL freelance writer. That Grosso guy who tweeted about Sharp & the Flyers is with them too.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
It was reported yesterday by Mark Lazerus (someone posted the tweet here yesterday but nobody had a clue who he was) from the Chicago Sun that the Flyers were one of the teams interested in Sharp. I looked at the Hawks board & it seems like they give him some credence & don't dismiss his reports.

I think Hextall is likely waiting Bowman out to cave at this point. I think he might have interest in Sharp but not to the point where he's desperate to get him at all costs.

Willis88

Oct 5, 2011
Philadelphia
That Jim Stark guy has been melting down on Twitter all day long because people are busting his balls for being a fraud, same with that Manayunk Mike guy. :laugh:

They teamed up with that AHL freelance writer. That Grosso guy who tweeted about Sharp & the Flyers is with them too.

95% sure Jim has an HF account and is active on here. Lol there's a guy with the same username as his old twitter handle. The Manayunk Mike guys is hilarious because they caught him buying followers so he deleted his twitter. Brought it back and has 100 followers haha. I don't understand why people waste time posting nonsense with "#source" at the end.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
95% sure Jim has an HF account and is active on here. Lol there's a guy with the same username as his old twitter handle. The Manayunk Mike guys is hilarious because they caught him buying followers so he deleted his twitter. Brought it back and has 100 followers haha. I don't understand why people waste time posting nonsense with "#source" at the end.

:laugh:

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

Yeah they're both going nuts over people messing with them on Twitter. It's pretty funny.

They pretty much just take other people's news who are credible & try to guess the full details then pass it off like they have the scoop. Other times they just complete 100% make it up with really no basis.

Random Forest

May 12, 2010
How much is Eric Fehr projected to get? I wouldn't mind giving him a shot. He's a guy who I actually think could be a cost-effective fit alongside Giroux and Voracek in the way Maroon is for Getzlaf and Perry. If he's below 3m, I'd be pleased to sign him. EDIT: That's if he can even play LW. I'm pretty sure I've seen him play it several times before, but not positive.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
How much is Eric Fehr projected to get? I wouldn't mind giving him a shot. He's a guy who I actually think could be a cost-effective fit alongside Giroux and Voracek in the way Maroon is for Getzlaf and Perry. If he's below 3m, I'd be pleased to sign him. EDIT: That's if he can even play LW. I'm pretty sure I've seen him play it several times before, but not positive.

I don't think much. It's looking like this was a god awful year to be UFA with so many teams not having the capspace. He probably would have gotten a multi-year deal around $4M per on the first day last year.

It's looking like a real buyer's market this year whether it be free agency or trade. The cap (or lack thereof) has created so many problems for teams around the league. I said it another thread but it sucks we have to waste roster spots on bums like Umberger & Lecavalier as we could probably find some nice bargain deals for bottom to middle of the lineup guys right now.

http://www.generalfanager.com/freea...oots=Both&team=all&UFA=1&freeagents_length=25

Edit: In regards to Fehr specifically it seems like he had offseason surgery & whether he'll be ready by the season opener is in doubt so that's probably hurting his chances at getting a good deal as well. I wish we could swoop in but I don't see it as we're already at 22.

Last edited:

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Simmons nailed it.

I can't wait until Crosby starts screaming at MinusPhil on the bench for failing to backcheck. :popcorn:

I'm not a Kessel fan as noted in the post you quoted. I think he's an overpaid one dimensional player but as I said in another post to point him out like that is ridiculous (not to mention the article is so unprofessional & everything what is wrong with the media today). It's not his fault that people whether it be management, fans, or media put crazy expectations on him & wanted him to be something he's not.

If you want to blame somebody blame Brian Burke & Dave Nonis for putting together such crappy teams over the years. They put together a core of players (Kessel, Phaneuf, JVR, Kadri, Lupul, etc.) that just aren't going to win you much games when they're at the top. Most of those guys don't know much about winning &/or leading a hockey team. Lupul's about the only one & he's out of the lineup more than 50% of the time.

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
Everyone in TO got a bad rap. The expectations are so high from never winning and being the "Yankees" of the hockey universe. Everyone up there wants a quick fix and they keep shooting themselves in the foot with stupid trades and stupid contracts and the fans take it out on everyone, management and the media and especially the guys on the ice. It's not Phaneuf or Kessel's fault that the team hasn't been relevant since the 60s.

I mean look at this nonsense;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad