2015 NHL Offseason Thread II (current news, expansion, trade rumors, free agency)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
The game where Orlov lost his **** late in the game to get us back in it & basically cost them a playoff spot was probably one of the more entertaining games in recent history between the two. Vinny even scored the game winner. :laugh:

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I thought it was pretty well established that the Caps fans on this site are among the most salty and delusional fanbases. Reading their GDTs last year was hilarious because of the whining.

10/10 would read again

There's one I particular that I keep going back and forth on whether he's a troll or just insane. I really can't tell.

FatTugboatFlahr

Apr 6, 2012
Philadelphia
I thought it was pretty well established that the Caps fans on this site are among the most salty and delusional fanbases. Reading their GDTs last year was hilarious because of the whining.

10/10 would read again

There's one I particular that I keep going back and forth on whether he's a troll or just insane. I really can't tell.

Reading their GDTs literally never disappoints.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

10/10 would read again

The game I referenced above was a meltdown for the ages. Instead of placing blame on Orlov for being an idiot who couldn't control himself late in the game they blamed it on the refs & Holtby on top of thinking that Schenn dove into the boards.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
I know Justin Williams isn't a game breaker but perhaps he can inspire some confidence in that team to break through and win those important game 7s for them. If they do make it to the playoffs I wouldn't be surprised to see him score some timely goals. I too would like to see Ovi win a cup.
In theory he's just what they needed. A proven winner who seems to be at his best in critical games.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
It isn't always immediate but one of the team mods or a global mod, if aware through the process we generally favor which is flagging a questionable post, will eventually handle the situation. I'd appreciate if you don't respond to this message in the forum but if you have inquiries to this or anything else, it is best to PM one of us. Try to keep the posts topical to the subject title. Thank you.

SchennSational1022*

The game where Orlov lost his **** late in the game to get us back in it & basically cost them a playoff spot was probably one of the more entertaining games in recent history between the two. Vinny even scored the game winner. :laugh:

That game was great, fueled epic comeback. That was the game that made merealize how useless Tom Wilson is getting in Girouxs face like he did, all he did was awake the sleeping beast that day :laugh:. Wilson is such a ****in plug

CodyTheHuman

Dec 31, 2014
California
Funny article about Kessel from Steve Simmons. Simmons is on Panotch levels when it comes to dumbness but this article is still hilarious none the less as somebody actually allowed to be published by a major paper.

http://www.torontosun.com/2015/07/01/leafs-were-sick-and-tired-of-kessel

He's the writer that Richards called a nerd on Twitter back when he was here.

I feel bad for Kessel for all the hate he gets in Toronto. That article was unnecessary. I don't wish him well in Pittsburgh though, because it's Pittsburgh, but hopefully the media stops ******** on him constantly. I think if his face wasn't chubby he wouldn't get all the hate. He looks out of shape so it's easy to claim he is out of shape, regardless of the fact that he is one of the faster skaters in the league.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I feel bad for Kessel for all the hate he gets in Toronto. That article was unnecessary. I don't wish him well in Pittsburgh though, because it's Pittsburgh, but hopefully the media stops ******** on him constantly. I think if his face wasn't chubby he wouldn't get all the hate. He looks out of shape so it's easy to claim he is out of shape, regardless of the fact that he is one of the faster skaters in the league.

Kessel unfortunately for himself isn't the type of player you're going to win with if he's your top player. He never was & never will be but the Toronto media & the fans placed unrealistic expectations on him anyway. He's not the only one though as Phaneuf, JVR, Kadri, etc. are in the same boat. It was just a poorly built team & that's not those guys fault.

If a player plays well &/or has a good season it gets taken to whole crazy level of unrealistic expectations. I remember after that shortened season Kadri was being dubbed the next Doug Gilmour for example. They just don't really have a true grasp on reality there whether it's the media or the fans.

Last edited:

FLYERSFAN18

May 31, 2008
Pennsylvania
At this point I would be more than happy if Hextall traded MDZ and Luke for picks and then turned around and traded those picks to get rid of Lecavalier, MacDonald, and maybe even Umberger. The. Go out and use that cap space on some veterans who might be willing to take one year deals even if we have to pay a little more to keep it to one year. Maybe Erhoff, Oduya, Visnovsky, Zdlicky, etc...

It would be so nice to see what Hextall could do with cap flexibility. We would also be no worse of with our assets since we would have traded two players who likely won't be here after a year or two at most and we will have lost no prospects or picks. I know it won't happen but if it came to ithat would hope Hextall would take it into consideration

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I know Justin Williams isn't a game breaker but perhaps he can inspire some confidence in that team to break through and win those important game 7s for them. If they do make it to the playoffs I wouldn't be surprised to see him score some timely goals. I too would like to see Ovi win a cup.

I would not. Some of their fans on here are insufferable.

Last edited by a moderator:

SchennSational1022*

I would not. Some of their fans on here are insufferable, particularly OV's Gold Chain.

You are so right, they have some of the biggest Flyer trolls I have ever seen

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
At this point I would be more than happy if Hextall traded MDZ and Luke for picks and then turned around and traded those picks to get rid of Lecavalier, MacDonald, and maybe even Umberger. The. Go out and use that cap space on some veterans who might be willing to take one year deals even if we have to pay a little more to keep it to one year. Maybe Erhoff, Oduya, Visnovsky, Zdlicky, etc...

It would be so nice to see what Hextall could do with cap flexibility. We would also be no worse of with our assets since we would have traded two players who likely won't be here after a year or two at most and we will have lost no prospects or picks. I know it won't happen but if it came to ithat would hope Hextall would take it into consideration

According to the philly writers there are still a bunch of teams that aren't at the floor, including the ducks which is crazy. One of those teams could easily want vinny for a pick. MacD would be harder to trade but I think he plays better this year and is traded the following year.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
According to the philly writers there are still a bunch of teams that aren't at the floor, including the ducks which is crazy. One of those teams could easily want vinny for a pick. MacD would be harder to trade but I think he plays better this year and is traded the following year.

They're unsurprisingly wrong. I posted it last night that there's only three teams that need to get over the floor (Anaheim's not one of them) & they don't need much help to do so as they still need to sign 4/5 players to fill out their roster.

http://www.generalfanager.com/teams
Go to that link & toggle the floor space option, the teams in red are the ones under it & it will tell by how much as well how many players they under contract right now.

They only way a team will take our deadweight is if they actually value them &/or we give away some sweeteners to do so. They don't need to reluctantly to do so to get over the floor.

Last edited:

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
As I said in another thread, maybe try offering Vinny with $1.4m retained + their 4th/3rd back to Arizona for Chipchura.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Michael Grosso ‏@********** 3h3 hours ago
#BREAKING - Hearing Flyers have an offer on the table for Patrick Sharp and includes Matt Read+ going back the other way.

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
Michael Grosso ‏@********** 3h3 hours ago
#BREAKING - Hearing Flyers have an offer on the table for Patrick Sharp and includes Matt Read+ going back the other way.

What is the point of doing that? He will probably age decently well though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad