Speculation: 2015 NHL Entry Draft

Zero Pucks

Size matters
May 17, 2009
I hope we don't draft anyone. I'm sick of watching us wrecking these kids dreams of playing in the NHL.

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
Im hoping the Pens draft skill across the board. No matter the size or league. Just get some skill back in the organization. Mighty mites work now.

Gotta wonder how both Beau and Kap can fit on this roster at the same time. Wonder if the sharks would bite on Beau and Martin in a package for Hertl +.

TheChosenOne

Apr 13, 2015
Im hoping the Pens draft skill across the board. No matter the size or league. Just get some skill back in the organization. Mighty mites work now.

Gotta wonder how both Beau and Kap can fit on this roster at the same time. Wonder if the sharks would bite on Beau and Martin in a package for Hertl +.

The Sharks wouldn't trade Hertl for Beau and Martin ++. Especially since Martin is a UFA this summer.

Hertl is a great young prospect.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
Whoever they pick in the second round has about a what 20-30% chance of playing for the Pens?

Who cares?

With our roster right now, the guy we pick in Round 2 could make the team right away.

Of course, he won't because we're the might Penguins and we are going all in baby!

But he could.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012

On the contrary, I hope the Penguins start drafting athleticism instead of "hockey sense" in packages like Guentzel or Wilson.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
And size. That's what the league prioritizes these days. It's about time we got bigger.

Yeah, that's what I mean by athleticism. Guys who move fast, have imposing frames, that kind of thing. Hockey's so systemized these days that the difference is less about which guy has the better ideas and more about who gets where he's going quicker or pushes the other guy out of what would otherwise be a good position.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
We definitely need more size. We also definitely need more skill. We also definitely need to draft more Europeans we can stash overseas and watch develop. In the later rounds, we need to gamble more. Maybe get an overager or two. Guys who win scoring titles in the 'Q'. Guys ignored because of size, but who are supremely skilled and FAST. We definitely need more speed.

Two guys I would LOVE to draft this year are Vladimir Tkachev of the Quebec Remparts and Conor Garland of the Moncton Wildcats.

Now, if we're talking about Round 2, I don't know if this guy will be available when we pick but I would love to get big Russian center Alexander Dergachev. He's already something like 6-4, 201 pounds. Played in the Russian junior league this season and also played well at the WJC. Maybe the 'Russian factor' might dissuade teams from taking him in Round 1.

We are in a situation where we need to try to hit a home run if it's there. I think this player might be just that.

The Greatest 101

Dec 10, 2013
Manchuria
Hope they draft a RW.
Future top 6
Perron-Crosby-Horn
Kap-Malkin-Draft
Need a big body there.Malkin can't be the most physical guy on that line.

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
Are you using your brain?
They seemed like theyve soured on him this year and he isnt exactly Tarasenko. I guess third line duty isnt what it used to be but I would hope the Pens would give up more for him. Hes exactly the type of player thats needed.

I know Martin is a ufa but all of these other teams seem to trade them off and get some value.

Black Label

Aug 6, 2009
Amsterdam
They seemed like theyve soured on him this year and he isnt exactly Tarasenko. I guess third line duty isnt what it used to be but I would hope the Pens would give up more for him. Hes exactly the type of player thats needed.

I know Martin is a ufa but all of these other teams seem to trade them off and get some value.

UFAs hold almost no value now that teams can negotiate with them before FA starts.

Til the End of Time

May 18, 2003
Santa Monica, CA
Visit site
i'll just post this here because more people need to start talking about just how great mcdvaid is. he is really something special, just like sid. mcdavid isnt quite the prospect that was crosby was, but hes damn close.

people also tend to forget just how great sid was coming out of juniors. outside of his first three years in the league, sid has been a relative disappointment to what he's really capable of. partially due to injuries and partially due to playing for a dysfunctional team.

if mcdavid has better luck with injuries and management builds around him appropriately, he very well could do a better job of living up to the hype and will surpass crosby.

people doubting mcdavid are just as silly as the people who doubted sid coming out of juniors. anyone with a basic understanding of junior hockey should recognize just how great sid and mcdavid are as prospects.

WVP

Mar 22, 2004
i'll just post this here because more people need to start talking about just how great mcdvaid is. he is really something special, just like sid. mcdavid isnt quite the prospect that was crosby was, but hes damn close.

people also tend to forget just how great sid was coming out of juniors. outside of his first three years in the league, sid has been a relative disappointment to what he's really capable of. partially due to injuries and partially due to playing for a dysfunctional team.

if mcdavid has better luck with injuries and management builds around him appropriately, he very well could do a better job of living up to the hype and will surpass crosby.

people doubting mcdavid are just as silly as the people who doubted sid coming out of juniors. anyone with a basic understanding of junior hockey should recognize just how great sid and mcdavid are as prospects.

Also will likely have a top 5 or so LW entering his prime on his wing. Not a bad way to start out. Certainly better than Colby Armstrong and decrepit Recchi.

redsono93

Jun 29, 2009
New Jersey
I would trade for picks this year Kunitz, Scuds, Bennett, and Sutter. What kind of pick could we get for each? This is a deep draft we could find a hidden gem mid round gems like Benn as an example.

themethod7

Jan 25, 2013
NWPA
Also will likely have a top 5 or so LW entering his prime on his wing. Not a bad way to start out. Certainly better than Colby Armstrong and decrepit Recchi.

I have to think that a big part of the reason he's playing in the Worlds this year is so he can experience what it's like to play with wingers not named Kunitz, Dupuis, or Winnik.

Asuna

Lvl 94 Sub-Leader
Apr 27, 2014
Pittsburgh
I have to think that a big part of the reason he's playing in the Worlds this year is so he can experience what it's like to play with wingers not named Kunitz, Dupuis, or Winnik.

I was thinking the same thing lol...and to enjoy winning something again.

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
I would trade for picks this year Kunitz, Scuds, Bennett, and Sutter. What kind of pick could we get for each? This is a deep draft we could find a hidden gem mid round gems like Benn as an example.

Jarry might have some value too.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
We shouldn't trade any young players, imo. We should keep all of the youth (what little we have) and trade veterans.

Of course, this regime thinks the opposite.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
Yep, hopefully WBS have a deep run in the playoffs and that drills it into management's thick skulls.

T1K

Jul 23, 2013
Pittsburgh

Hall-McDavid-Yakupov would be an insane line. Dat speed doe... :help:

That is until Hall gets hurt and misses a month and Yak gets traded

Malkin Mania LXXI

Dec 16, 2013
Now that we are out of the playoffs, it is as good a time as any to start discussing what we're going to do at the draft this year. Based upon where our first selection will be in the mid second round, there are a pair of forwards who I think could be steals at that selection. At that point in the draft, they both come with flaws, but they're flaws I could live with.

My preferred pick is LW Jordan Greenway-he's an absolute beast at 6'5" and 222 pounds. He's supposedly a pretty good skater and with his size he wins a lot of board battles. He's also lacking a great release and can play a bit inconsistently. More than a few scouts have said that he's a Top 10 talent if he can learn to be a more regular performer. Of late, we've been lacking in the power forward department, and while Greenway is a bit of a project, I'm pretty sure he'd be worth it.

The other guy who I think is worth the risk is RW Nikita Korostlev, who plays for Sarnia in the OHL. The summary on him is much shorter and to the point-he's got all of the offensive skills that you can't teach, but his defensive skills are sorely lacking. He'll either be a giant hit or an enormous bust, but if you had him playing shotgun on Malkin's wing, then that's a risk worth taking,

This is the guy I said about in a thread I made in the trade board. I said he kind of (if he develops correctly) reminds me of Wheeler and I would love that

Daeni10

Kunitz was there
Dec 31, 2013
Cologne
Hope they draft a RW.
Future top 6
Perron-Crosby-Horn
Kap-Malkin-Draft
Need a big body there.Malkin can't be the most physical guy on that line.

Hard to get this late in the 2nd round, must be somewhat of a steal. Its possible though as the past has shown. But with the draft results this organisation has its unlikely to happen.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Great Britain vs Finland
    Great Britain vs Finland
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $400.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Slovakia
    Kazakhstan vs Slovakia
    Event closes
    • Updated: