2015 NHL Entry Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Buffalo is embarrassing. They're not even trying. I think Uncle Gary will see to it that they pay for such a transgression and that his favorite pet project gets a major boost. Just gotta be in range.

Let's at least be in Strome range, how about that?

I would love a 6'3 Center anchoring a line with the diminutive Domi and 6'3" Perlini. We so desperately need some skill.

Maloney IMO is in the middle of a rebuild already. We need our scouting to improve. Let's hope the budget increase and focus that Regeihr will bring us from an analytics perspective pays dividends. Our only chance of long-term success lies at the draft.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I think Strome goes 3rd overall. Maloney will have to start selling soon if we're going to be that bad.

They say Hanifin is as good as Jones. Werenski's stock is skyrocketing, and Kylington is around that range, too. Strome might go 3rd, but could go 4th or 5th just as easily. People will try to discredit a large portion of his points because he plays on the PP with McJesus.

Anyway, Marner is looking pretty damned appealing at this point, too. Could be the next Marc Savard. Plays that same go-go chippy style for a smaller guy, and has that incredible, jaw-dropping vision/passing ability. Obviously 5'11 isn't what it once was but I'd say it's enough. Plenty of good players at that height in this league.

Clearly McJesus is a cut above. Then Eichel is on an island by himself after that. That's really all that's set in stone at this point. The cool thing is that Strome, Zacha, Marner, Crouse, and Konecny all play in the same league. Save for Barzal, those are all the top rated forwards on most early lists.

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
The Canes womp the Flames at home, by virtue of tiebreakers we move up to the 7th overall in the McJeebus sweepstakes tonight.

rt

May 13, 2004
I'm 100% positive we won't deaft Eichel. We'd have to be either 30th or 29th to draft him. We will be neither.

I'm 10% sure we will draft McDavid! Some will call me a pessimist. I will ask those individuals to note the exclamation point I used and also realize they're the ones 90% certain we won't draft him. Haha. Who's the real pessimist?

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona
I hate to correct you old chap. But we went from sole possession of the 7th worst spot to sharing the sixth worst spot.

159.gif

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Buffalo has 3 first row picks this draft, they will be a totally different team.

What Columbus, Calgary, and Buffalo did is what the Coyotes need to do this year. For the sake of the future and the franchise.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Anyway, Marner is looking pretty damned appealing at this point, too. Could be the next Marc Savard. Plays that same go-go chippy style for a smaller guy, and has that incredible, jaw-dropping vision/passing ability. Obviously 5'11 isn't what it once was but I'd say it's enough. Plenty of good players at that height in this league.

Button has him up at five, right behind Strome. I can't shake the feeling we're destined to pick him. Domi has thirty pounds on him according to the listing I'm looking at, and Domi is shorter. That's Prucha small. Eat your Wheaties, son.

Would Dale Hunter would hop on down to Glendale to give the NHL another shot in the event Marner ends up a Coyote?

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
He's smallish and likely a winger too. I like him but he's probably not the 1C most fans are hoping for. At least he's a righty.

rt

May 13, 2004
He's smallish and likely a winger too. I like him but he's probably not the 1C most fans are hoping for. At least he's a righty.

It's always hard with the Hunters. Everyone seemingly plays wing and center in London. Even going back to Tavares. Domi had some time at C early in his London career. Dvorak and McCarron seemingly play both positions, as does Marner. In the last Memorial Cup when Marner was so impressive, he played center. I guess that's why in my mind he's a center. He seemed well suited for it. He made an impression at the position. You want him carrying and distributing the puck. Slippery, smart and great vision. 5'11 isn't short in my opinion. He can always fill out and possibly broaden. Most us are a lot broader now than we were when we were 17, even if we aren't taller.

Even if he ends up a RW...

Domi-xxx-Samuelsson
Perlini-xxxxx-Marner

Looks pretty slick. Some size, speed, playmaking and goal scoring on each line.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Come on. If you're going to put Domi and Marner in your lineup you have to include Dvorak.

Perlini - xxxxx - Samuelsson
Domi - Dvorak - Marner

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Come on. If you're going to put Domi and Marner in your lineup you have to include Dvorak.

Perlini - xxxxx - Samuelsson
Domi - Dvorak - Marner

I thought Perlini was a RW. where does Lessio play if not in a top 6 role?

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
I thought Perlini was a RW. where does Lessio play if not in a top 6 role?

Perlini is a natural LW (though a move to the right is probably in the cards for him)

Regarding Lessio, I think that's a million dollar question of where he ultimately fits on our roster.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
He might play defense, half of his goals are twisted wristers from the frickin blue line haha.

I think lessio could fit on the third line, if we have a non traditional 3rd line. I think we potentially have the depth to roll three pretty decent scoring lines( if we keep vermette or draft a center to take his place)with our 4th being utility/pk guys.

Hanzal's line could be a bit of a hybrid I suppose, lessio and hank would fit beautifully with him for a physical two way hell to play against line. Of course we're all getting pretty ahead of ourselves, I doubt all of these guys see the ice all that soon, not just because tip would have an aneurysm but because some guys like perlini could take a few years. His skill set of crazy though.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
McDavid injured his hand in a fight today and it sounds like it might be serious. Gone for X-rays so should know soon.

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
Absolutely Pejorative Slured, but it won't hinder anything as far as development or being the number one pick.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
McDavid injured his hand in a fight today and it sounds like it might be serious. Gone for X-rays so should know soon.

In his interview with Bob McKenzie he said he wanted to avoid pointless fights for exactly that reason.

letowskie

Aug 16, 2002
In your worst nighmare
Visit site
Might be wise to put a top prospect like Gormley in a deal, along with a useful UFA like Vermette/Z and other stuff in a package to try to land another 1st this year. The top of the draft is just so enormous this year. And with the lottery rule changes there are more opportunities to move up (not just for McEichel).

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Sole possession of fifth worst record in the league is ours(for now). 8.5% odds at McJesus, broken hand and all.

Colorado and Edmonton will improve. Columbus will get healthy. Odds are good. Great year to suck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad