2015 NHL Entry Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
And Tanguay was drafted as a center out of Halifax...

Tan jay was also passive, quiet, and played on the perimeter. Marner has a much better tempo to his game and gets into the guts of the action. I really don't understand why you've envoked Alex Tanguay's name. How about Poor Man's Duchene?

rt

May 13, 2004
I like Marner. I also like some of the larger centres that are projected in the teens. As long as our top pick plays center I'll be happy.

I re-watched a memorial cup game recently and Marner was quite small. That was only in early June. The reports that he has grown to 6'0 can't be true.

Yeah. It seems far fetched. He looked 5'9-5'10 at the Mem Cup. Even if he's an honest, legit 5'11 now that's pretty shocking. He was very, very physically immature last season. Had the look of a 14 year old. Be interesting to see how he develops on ice as he gets stronger.

rt

May 13, 2004
I'm imagining Dylan Strome taking a spot in our top six, along with Brendan Perlini, Henrik Samuelsson, and Ryan MacInnis. That's likely 6'4, 6'3, 6'3, and 6'4 in the top six.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
I'm imagining Dylan Strome taking a spot in our top six, along with Brendan Perlini, Henrik Samuelsson, and Ryan MacInnis. That's likely 6'4, 6'3, 6'3, and 6'4 in the top six.

Channeling your inner Michael Barnett?

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site

This is very very appealing.

rt

May 13, 2004
I like Marner. I also like some of the larger centres that are projected in the teens. As long as our top pick plays center I'll be happy.

I re-watched a memorial cup game recently and Marner was quite small. That was only in early June. The reports that he has grown to 6'0 can't be true.

Yeah. It seems far fetched. He looked 5'9-5'10 at the Mem Cup. Even if he's an honest, legit 5'11 now that's pretty shocking. He was very, very physically immature last season. Had the look of a 14 year old. Be interesting to see how he develops on ice as he gets stronger.

He looks like an honest 5'11 to me. You can really see how different he looks physically when you see his Twitter profile pic.
XaENXaEa_400x400.jpeg

photo

It looks like someone put him in the Willy Wonka taffy stretcher.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
I would pay a premium to trade up for Strome or Zacha. Hanzal is proving that tall C's can dominate the face off circle with the new rules.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
I would pay a premium to trade up for Strome or Zacha. Hanzal is proving that tall C's can dominate the face off circle with the new rules.

Yeah with Domi and Dovark we need more size. We also have Gagner and Reider. These four could be on the team for a while.

Do we have any idea if McInnis can develop into Hanzal 2.0? Cause that could take some of that pressure off.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
MacInnis is stepping up his offensive game so far this season:

Last Season: 66gp 37pts, so far this season: 15gp 16pts

16 goals in 66gp last season, and 6 already through 15gp this season.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
MacInnis is stepping up his offensive game so far this season:

Last Season: 66gp 37pts, so far this season: 15gp 16pts

16 goals in 66gp last season, and 6 already through 15gp this season.

That's great, how about his defensive game? Does anyone know if he is bulking up?

Also, we are going to have to start drafting some defensemen with our 1st soon. Wouldn't be bad to try to grab a late 1st or early second for a defenseman.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
He was going to be a project anyway...he's a #3 with #2 upside

He's a ways away...he's got at the very least 3-4yrs minimum before he'll be considered.

At that point, he'll be fighting with Dauphin for a spot. I think LaPlante can take Vitale's spot in 2-3yrs.

What we really, really, really need is a true #1.

MacInnis #3-2, Dauphin #2-3, LaPlante #4-3, Gaudet #4

...and I'm not counting Martinook or Shinnimin

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Also, we are going to have to start drafting some defensemen with our 1st soon. Wouldn't be bad to try to grab a late 1st or early second for a defenseman.

If Maloney is willing and crafty enough to get a late 1st out of Vermette at the TDL, I'd be definitely on board w/ this. Shoot for the 1C w/ our pick and then start rebuilding our blueline pool w/ higher upside talent.

Anyone have any thoughts on the RHDs in this draft class? The only names I know are Werenski and Matt Spencer.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
There are a couple big RH dmen

Erik Cernak - Slovakia 6'4'' 203lbs
Nick Meloche - QMJHL 6'2'' 198lbs
Brandon Carlo - USHL 6'5'' 185lbs
Joe Cecconi - USHL 6'2'' 205lbs
Nick Heid - WHL 6'4'' 194lbs
Christian Jaros - SuperElite 6'4'' 205lbs
Phillip Myers - QMJHL 6'5'' 196lbs

I don't think any of them are 1st rounders though, except for Meloche

Last edited:

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Dvorak isn't small. He's somewhere between Dauphin and Lessio interns of size. I expect he will end up somewhere near Lessio size.

Well hell, you're right. Listed at 6 foot. For whatever reason I thought he was another 'listed at 5'11" but actually shorter' winger.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
Anyone know anything about Anthony Beauvillier?

He's currently 22gp - 15g - 14a - 29pts

5'10'' 181lbs Shoots: L

Looks like he's having a nice start...don't know anything about him though

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
^Yup. Definitely will be worth going to his annual visit here.

edit: in fact, my next NHL tour is Pittsburgh and Philly (and , weather-permitting, Columbus), last week of this month. I looked into swinging by Erie, but the schedule doesn't work.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Buffalo is embarrassing. They're not even trying. I think Uncle Gary will see to it that they pay for such a transgression and that his favorite pet project gets a major boost. Just gotta be in range.

Let's at least be in Strome range, how about that?

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
I think Strome goes 3rd overall. Maloney will have to start selling soon if we're going to be that bad.

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
we got to start tanking now if we want to beat Buffalo

We aren't going to outtank Buffalo. But I think this roster with its forward group as constructed can certainly finish in the bottom 5. Might be enough for the lottery odds and the benevolent hand of Bettman to land us McDavid, probably will be good enough to draft a Strome/Zacha/Barzal as a solid consolation prize.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad