2015 NHL Entry Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alberta Yote

Owns the Yotes
Dec 31, 2004
In your kitchen
If the Coyotes end up picking 3 and the team at say 6/7 needs a dman I think I'd prefer trading back and grabbing Barzal instead of taking Marner or Strome. Maybe get an extra 2nd rounder or something.

Am I crazy?

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
The idea? No, not really. Reasonable. For a 2nd rounder? That's where you lose me. I'd want more than that for Hanifin.

DesertDawg

Mar 6, 2002
Superstition Mts
ridefree.net
If the Coyotes end up picking 3 and the team at say 6/7 needs a dman I think I'd prefer trading back and grabbing Barzal instead of taking Marner or Strome. Maybe get an extra 2nd rounder or something.

Am I crazy?

My guess is that the Coyotes will garner plenty of picks by the trade deadline and won't need any more picks. But if a team wants to move up and also offers a top prospect...

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
What is reasonable to move from 6/7 to 3? A '16 1st? A good prospect? I have no idea.

Toronto has two firsts now, I'd take the Preds pick to drop back. Columbus has 2 2nd rounders and three 3rd rounders. I'd take some combination of those.

I think Barzal would be there at 9-12, so hustling those teams for a bit more on top of that would be an option.

Roughly equivalent to a mid to late round first to move up into the consensus.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
How about trading for a pick 4-8 after winning McDavid? I don't mean drop down. I mean ship off some value to get another quality prospect. McDavid - Strome down the middle,

or

Domi - McDavid - Boedker
Rieder - Dvorak - Marner

I like Barzal but I think his injury and production will keep him lower than top 5.

Alberta Yote

Owns the Yotes
Dec 31, 2004
In your kitchen
Sure sounds good. Too good for this franchise to be able to accomplish.

And I don't think Barzal gets into the top 5 but soon after. I see him as a #1 center though so would prefer him to Marner who I see as a top line winger. That is unless your dream above does come true.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Zacha has slipped quite a bit in recent rankings. Any change he falls to our early 2nd?

Not a chance. Only Button has soured on him. He will show extremely well at the combine. Teams love size. I'd be floored if he lasted past 20.

jacobhockey13

used to watch hockey, then joined HF Boards
Apr 17, 2014
on the bench

I love the part at 3:15 where he talks about kids not reporting to teams that draft them. If only Wheeler and Turris had that maturity. Mcdavid would be absolutely incredible for this organization to get. His skills are incredible, but what really impresses me is his maturity. Incredibly well spoken and committed.

I can't stop watching these, that draft lottery is going to be tense.

Desert Ice 11

I'm here!
Aug 9, 2012
Tempe
I love the part at 3:15 where he talks about kids not reporting to teams that draft them. If only Wheeler and Turris had that maturity. Mcdavid would be absolutely incredible for this organization to get. His skills are incredible, but what really impresses me is his maturity. Incredibly well spoken and committed.

I can't stop watching these, that draft lottery is going to be tense.

Yes, this was gone over earlier this season (Think it was an rt posting) but wouldn't mind touching on it again. He is perfect for the Coyotes...more of a need for the team than it is a want

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
When you are the next Sid thee Kid it doesn't matter what team drafts you, cause you will turn it into a hockey town.

Wheeler and Turris wanted to be the starts they were projected to become, realized it wasn't going to happen on a PHX team they couldn't single handedly turn around and jettisoned.

Can't wait for lottery day. Ass trumpets.

jacobhockey13

Apr 17, 2014
on the bench
Yes, this was gone over earlier this season (Think it was an rt posting) but wouldn't mind touching on it again. He is perfect for the Coyotes...more of a need for the team than it is a want

Haha that's right. I spend so much damn time on this website that I just end up regurgitating the same old ideas. :) :laugh:

jacobhockey13

Apr 17, 2014
on the bench
When you are the next Sid thee Kid it doesn't matter what team drafts you, cause you will turn it into a hockey town.

Wheeler and Turris wanted to be the starts they were projected to become, realized it wasn't going to happen on a PHX team they couldn't single handedly turn around and jettisoned.

Can't wait for lottery day. Ass trumpets.

(Huh? Oh, that's right...the vuvuzelas...)

Vuvuzelas, trumpets, harmonicas, french horns, as long as rt's ass is making those instruments play the magnificent tune of the Yotes drafting McDavid I will be happy.

Can you guys imagine the atmosphere at the home opener if we get Mcdavid?* That would be awesome.

*Assuming he makes the roster out of camp because this is the only team in hockey where that is a legitimate concern.

letowskie

Aug 16, 2002
In your worst nighmare
Visit site
Can you guys imagine the atmosphere at the home opener if we get Mcdavid?* That would be awesome.

*Assuming he makes the roster out of camp because this is the only team in hockey where that is a legitimate concern.

As awsome as that is;

getting Matthews would be even a bigger deal, especially given the long term considerations of this franchise and the need to grow the casual fan-base. If we can pull that off, I think the Coyotes' future in the desert would be assured.

BlazingBlueAnt

Jul 12, 2014
As awsome as that is;

getting Matthews would be even a bigger deal, especially given the long term considerations of this franchise and the need to grow the casual fan-base. If we can pull that off, I think the Coyotes' future in the desert would be assured.

Matthews is going to be a monster. Eichel is the better skater, but Matthew's ability to handle the puck in close quarters is amazingly good, kinda reminds me of Kane in that regard except Matthews can leverage his size to go along with the amazing hands.

Too bad he wasn't available at #3 this year...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad